(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me with the HowardC Tools? They're a set of tools commonly used for virtual console WAD injection.
Basically the issue I'm having is this: They just don't work. When I try to open any of them, it just tries (and fails) to install something completely different, called Strongvault Online Backup.
upload_2019-4-4_22-24-40.png

Once it opens this, I have to kill it with Task Manager to get it to stop, otherwise it just keeps trying.
This seems to be an issue specific to me, since I can't find literally anything else about it online. Additionally, it happens with every single damn download I find online for these tools.

Can anyone help?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi, @sks316. You aren't saying us if you already installed Strongvault Online Backup.
I had the same problem, but in my case the program is trying 'install' is Autodesk AutoCAD 2015.
To fix this problem, try this!
  1. First, go to Control Panel, then in Programs, and click in Programs & Features.
  2. Go to the program that shows the error (in sks316's error, the program is Strongvault Online Backup), then select Repair (not all programs have the Repair function, if the program doesn't have it, then go to 'Uninstall or change', and in the next screen, choose 'Repair' or 'Reinstall').
  3. Follow the instructions shown in the screen to repair the involucrated programs that generates the error.
  4. When it's repaired or reinstalled, you will need to restart the PC to apply the fix to the program.
  5. Once you had restarted your PC, try running again the HowardC's tools.
I tried this and it worked! Hope this will help you too!
Feel free to say me if this worked and have a nice day! :) :)

Last edited by SaulFabre,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@