Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Maschell sorry if this has been asked before over the years. But is it possible to alter the config file for the settings that change the GamePad controls with Hid2Vpad, to only enable the changes to controls when you start a specific Wii U title? I want to change the GamePad controls, but ideally only when I enter one specific game I have installed.

I am no dev, but this is my simple idea.
Write a homebrew module that reads the title ID upon launching a game
and overwrites the HIDtoVPAD cfg file with one specifically for that titleID.

Last edited by elk1007,

TonyNESgri

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How to use HID to VPAD Lite (the plugin) ?

I'd like to use my Gamecube Controller as a Gamepad without having to go through the actual app, so I can load other plugins at the same time.

Also, can I use it for Aroma ?

Last edited by TonyNESgri,

johnhinckleyjrfan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I created a config for the new Retro Fighters Brawler 64 NSO edition. To use it you have to connect it to your PC and use the network client and the controller has to be in Dinput mode. This config maps the C buttons as the right stick so it works perfectly with N64 VC games.

Attachments

• Brawler 64 NSO Config.zip
    952 bytes · Views: 27
Reactions: fmhugo and elk1007

m_lance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do i have to map my controller after every wii u start up? When I shut down and re-start, the mapping is not saved... ( i have a generic N64 usb, that I had to make a config file for)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a plugin version of this app compatible WUPS so that I can use this and other plugins (such as SDcafiine or PureClient) at the same time? I keep seeing people talk about it but I’ve not found any releases except for the HBL .elf release.

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: TheDerpyDolphin

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand how the HID Test data can be so different to the data expected in the controller .ini file.

I maybe understand the PID and VID entry but the rest doesn't correspond at all.

Surely the .ini should have a list of commands - up, down, left, right, A, B. that I add the output from the HID Test to.

i.e press UP on pad in HID Test, write down output. Fd09

Go to .ini file on computer, look for the up line - add Fd09

Repeat for all inputs on the pad.
Post automatically merged:

I've created a config that goes in sd/wiiu/controller folder that works with Cthulhu Multi input circuit board that was popular with people building their own joysticks back in the late 00s.
//Toodles 2008 Cthulhu Mult (PS3)
[vid=0x14d8,pid=0xd908]

//DPad
DPAD_MODE = DPAD_HAT
DPAD_MASK = 0X0F
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_Neutral = 0x02, 0x0F
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_N = 0x02, 0x00
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_NE = 0x02, 0x01
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_E = 0x02, 0x02
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_SE = 0x02, 0x03
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_S = 0x02, 0x04
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_SW = 0x02, 0x05
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_W = 0x02, 0x06
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_NW = 0x02, 0x07

//Buttons
VPAD_BUTTON_A = 0x00, 0x04
VPAD_BUTTON_B = 0x00, 0x02
VPAD_BUTTON_X = 0x00, 0x08
VPAD_BUTTON_Y = 0x00, 0x01
VPAD_BUTTON_PLUS = 0x01, 0x02
VPAD_BUTTON_MINUS = 0x01, 0x01
VPAD_BUTTON_HOME = 0x01, 0x10
VPAD_BUTTON_L = 0x00, 0x10
VPAD_BUTTON_R = 0x00, 0x40
VPAD_BUTTON_ZL = 0x00, 0x20
VPAD_BUTTON_ZR = 0x00, 0x80

//Sticks
VPAD_L_STICK_X = 0x03, 0x80
VPAD_L_STICK_Y = 0x04, 0x80
Vpad_L_Stick_X_MinMax = 0x00, 0xFF
Vpad_L_Stick_Y_MinMax = 0x00, 0xFF
VPad_L_Stick_Y_Invert = true
Vpad_R_Stick_Y_Invert = true
PAD_COUNT=1

save that as an .ini

Last edited by Ewpb,

Robiniko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I found out about hidtest on PC in the network client pack and checked my fake switch pro controller (bluetooth, im also having issues with wired connection on PC) inputs there because on the wii U hidtest didn't react to it, it reacts to my DS4 but not the switch pro controller but hidtovpad does (despite being "weird" the inputs, that's why im trying to find out what's faulty), saw that the inputs im "pressing" on the WII u are making it so all the bytes are set to zero (on the hidtest SS im pressing the same inputs as in the hidtovpad photo)
im running out of ideas, i still have no idea what's going on, i suspect it may have something to do with the built in switch controller support, is there a way to get rid of it? or do i need to compule hidtovpad myself?
another cause may be because of the wired connection with the controller, but i still have no idea howw to check or fix that, many other users had the same the problem with these same inputs, is there really not a solution or known cause?

this is the ini using the data from hidtest, it should be okay? i keep getting the same result

[vid=0x057E,pid=0x2009]
[IgnoreDefault]
VPAD_BUTTON_A = 0x00,0x01
VPAD_BUTTON_B = 0x00,0x02
VPAD_BUTTON_X = 0x00,0x04
VPAD_BUTTON_Y = 0x00,0x08

VPAD_BUTTON_PLUS = 0x01,0x02
VPAD_BUTTON_MINUS = 0x01,0x01
VPAD_BUTTON_HOME = 0x01,0x10

VPAD_BUTTON_L = 0x00,0x10
VPAD_BUTTON_R = 0x00,0x20

VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_L = 0x01,0x04
VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_R = 0x01,0x08

VPAD_BUTTON_ZL = 0x00,0x40
VPAD_BUTTON_ZR = 0x00,0x80

DPAD_MODE = DPAD_HAT
DPad_MASK = 0x0F

VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_Neutral = 0x02,0x00
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_N = 0x02,0x02
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_NE = 0x02,0x06
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_E = 0x02,0x04
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_SE = 0x02,0x05
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_S = 0x02,0x01
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_SW = 0x02,0x09
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_W = 0x02,0x08
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_NW = 0x02,0x0A

VPad_L_Stick_X = 0x04,0x80
VPad_L_Stick_X_MinMax = 0x00,0xFF
VPad_L_Stick_Y = 0x06,0x80
VPad_L_Stick_Y_MinMax = 0x00,0xFF
VPad_L_Stick_Y_Invert = True

VPad_R_Stick_X = 0x08,0x80
VPad_R_Stick_X_MinMax = 0x00,0xFF
VPad_R_Stick_Y = 0x10,0x80
VPad_R_Stick_Y_MinMax = 0x00,0xFF
VPad_R_Stick_Y_Invert = True

PAD_COUNT=1
1689573473446.png
1689573495960.png

Last edited by Robiniko,

funk192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Anybody figure out the issue with logitech controllers(maybe others) where in game the last button pressed would be stuck on? I don't see any updates on the github for years now and nobody ever responds to this problem that others have lalso had.

The weird thing is the app that tests your controller it works totally fine, press a button and it lights up, let it go and it turns off, just whatever game you play it doesn't work that way.

MikeBeast12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't bought them yet, but worth checking out. Logitech's USB WingMan flight controllers and USB game pads might be worth testing. They tested Logitech's F310 controllers though.

funk192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I haven't bought them yet, but worth checking out. Logitech's USB WingMan flight controllers and USB game pads might be worth testing. They tested Logitech's F310 controllers though.
How did the F310s go? They're similar to the F710's and cordless rumblepad 2's that I have. Both exhibit the same behaviour with the always stuck on last button pressed when playing a game, and not in the testing button app.

MarbotheMapo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there anyway to port this to the switch or is there any similar app? (I meant the client version on pc for unsupported controllers.)

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are several cheap USB adapters that will allow you to use other controllers on a Switch; just off the top of my head, 8BitDo has one and Mayflash has one (the Magic-NS). I also do remember seeing a homebrew app on this site a few years ago that supposedly did much the same thing as this one, but I didn't save the thread and can't find it easily. But if you go back far enough on the forums or use the right search terms you should be able to find it.

MarbotheMapo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There are several cheap USB adapters that will allow you to use other controllers on a Switch; just off the top of my head, 8BitDo has one and Mayflash has one (the Magic-NS). I also do remember seeing a homebrew app on this site a few years ago that supposedly did much the same thing as this one, but I didn't save the thread and can't find it easily. But if you go back far enough on the forums or use the right search terms you should be able to find it.
I wanted it cause i was trying to play nintendo switch games with a friend via parsec, but i don't want to buy a Full priced game adapter controller emulator to do it.

FoxStorm1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bit.ly
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do you get to the controller menu in Aroma?
Post automatically merged:

How to use HID to VPAD Lite (the plugin) ?

I'd like to use my Gamecube Controller as a Gamepad without having to go through the actual app, so I can load other plugins at the same time.

Also, can I use it for Aroma ?
The menu for hid-to-vpad doesn't show up on Aroma when doing the button combinations :( but sdcafiine, re_nfpii, evWii and other app menus show up @Maschell

patters

Trophies
XP
Country
I have just noticed that this doesn't seem to work with a Wavebird connected to the official Nintendo GameCube controller adaptor for Wii U. Yet the same setup works fine for Nintendont.
I see the receiver's LED when I press buttons, but HID to VPAD just doesn't detect the presses. Does this need rebuilding with a more modern (since 2018) controller library?
It works fine for wired GC controllers, just not Wavebird. Happens for both the latest stable release from 2018, and for the newest nightly build (from 2019).

EDIT - Never mind, it was me being an idiot and forgetting I need to press A on the Wii U's gamepad first, /before/ pressing A on the target HID controller. It does work fine.

Last edited by patters,

purplegreendave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just swapped from CBHC to Tiramisu. I was 99% sure that before I switched my Dualsense (PS5) controller was picked up in HID to VPAD, but I don't have a time machine to go back and double check that.

Now I can't get it to work at all.

I tried plugging it into HIDTest on Wii U HBC so I could fix the config file myself but got no output.
Plugged it into my PC and ran HIDTest-0.2.jar but the output was a constant stream of info in the terminal that was too fast to read.

Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol