Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

Mystic5hadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are we not able to simply remap the buttons for the Wii U Gamepad? No other peripherals necessary? I really want my Xbox ABXY layout. The Switch lets us remap and I'm so used to it, getting used to Nintendo's wonky button layout isn't working for me.

gutyex

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having trouble getting HID to VPAD working.

I've followed the guide at wiiu.hacks.guide to install tiramisu and set it to autoboot, I've installed games dumped via my wii usingTeconmoon's WiiVC injector and they run fine, and other homebrew like save managers has worked fine to copy my save files over, but I cannot get it to register HID devices at all. I'm trying to use a gamecube adapter, it works fine in smash but not in HID to VPAD or HID Test. I've also tried using a USB keyboard and it didn't recongise that either.

HID Test does not show the rows of Hex codes, just the title & build date at the top and the press home to exit message at the bottom. The text at the bottom flickers slightly every couple of seconds. I did see the HEX codes appear once, but they didn't change in response to controller input and I've not been able to make them show up again. I don't think it's crashing because pressing home still works to return to the launcher.

jnthndrn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use an 8BitDo adapter, the brown one, with a DualShock4 to use for gamepad cause my gamepad's ZR trigger is broken and I can't get into games like Splatoon.
The controller automatically goes into Switch mode and seems to be picked up but only glitches out and sees the left and right sticks moving up-left. Trying to switch modes on the 8BitDo (like Share+Up makes it go to Xinput mode) doesn't change anything and doesn't pick it up anymore.
Tried HID Test and I don't see any of the hex codes. Anyone know what I can do?
(UPDATE) I found out about Tiramisu and updated my CFW to that and got Bloopair working. Guess I don't need help anymore.

Last edited by jnthndrn,

Animage55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the switch pro controllers gyro emulate the wiiu gamepads? like could I use the gyro in a switch pro controller to aim in breath of the wild or any other hd zelda game?

Last edited by Animage55,

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does the switch pro controllers gyro emulate the wiiu gamepads? like could I use the gyro in a switch pro controller to aim in breath of the wild or any other hd zelda game?
No, but:

Maschell did experiment with reading gyro data from DualShock 4 controllers, but it wasn't accurate enough to include in the main release. The source code is here: https://github.com/Maschell/hid_to_vpad/tree/DS4GyroAndTouchtest. I failed to build it, and when a fellow member here built it for me, I only managed to get it to run successfully once. I turned off the console to add the config file for the controller and all times after that it crashes to a black screen on launch.

If you're feeling up to building it from source, I would be interested in having another go. I use my Xbox Elite controller with a Brook Xone adapter, and this includes gyro for Switch and DS4 emulation.

You might need to connect your Pro Controller though the Network Client on a PC and get some sort of utility to make it show up as a DS4.

Animage55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, but:

Maschell did experiment with reading gyro data from DualShock 4 controllers, but it wasn't accurate enough to include in the main release. The source code is here: https://github.com/Maschell/hid_to_vpad/tree/DS4GyroAndTouchtest. I failed to build it, and when a fellow member here built it for me, I only managed to get it to run successfully once. I turned off the console to add the config file for the controller and all times after that it crashes to a black screen on launch.

If you're feeling up to building it from source, I would be interested in having another go. I use my Xbox Elite controller with a Brook Xone adapter, and this includes gyro for Switch and DS4 emulation.

You might need to connect your Pro Controller though the Network Client on a PC and get some sort of utility to make it show up as a DS4.
Something to look into I guess. Honestly I just just using that to base my decision on whether to get a used wii u controller or a new fancy switch one.

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Something to look into I guess. Honestly I just just using that to base my decision on whether to get a used wii u controller or a new fancy switch one.
I would recommend sticking with the Gamepad if the weight isn't uncomfortable for you, especially if you're going to play WWHD or TPHD - having the inventory / map to hand on a second screen is great, and as you have noticed, it seems to be the only way to get gyro aiming (NB the Wii U Pro Controller doesn't have gyro). If I didn't have a controller with back paddles to let me run and jump in BotW without taking my thumb off the right stick, I would probably have played through the game completely on the Gamepad rather than only switching to it for motion-controlled shrine puzzles.

Animage55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend sticking with the Gamepad if the weight isn't uncomfortable for you, especially if you're going to play WWHD or TPHD - having the inventory / map to hand on a second screen is great, and as you have noticed, it seems to be the only way to get gyro aiming (NB the Wii U Pro Controller doesn't have gyro). If I didn't have a controller with back paddles to let me run and jump in BotW without taking my thumb off the right stick, I would probably have played through the game completely on the Gamepad rather than only switching to it for motion-controlled shrine puzzles.
Yeah fair enough. The gamepad just feels so alien lol. For now I'd rather use thumbstick aiming on the wiiu controller, but if there was a way to get controller gyro I'd pick that option every time. I'm sure eventually I'll get used to the gamepad tho.

Last edited by Animage55,

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use an 8BitDo adapter, the brown one, with a DualShock4 to use for gamepad cause my gamepad's ZR trigger is broken and I can't get into games like Splatoon.
The controller automatically goes into Switch mode and seems to be picked up but only glitches out and sees the left and right sticks moving up-left. Trying to switch modes on the 8BitDo (like Share+Up makes it go to Xinput mode) doesn't change anything and doesn't pick it up anymore.
Tried HID Test and I don't see any of the hex codes. Anyone know what I can do?
(UPDATE) I found out about Tiramisu and updated my CFW to that and got Bloopair working. Guess I don't need help anymore.

Did you ever get the 8bitdo USB adapter work, though?
I also don't need it because bloopair was released.

I am just curious because I spent a long time trying to make it work. I also got the random analog inputs in HIDtoVPAD

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: TonyNESgri

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Maschell sorry if this has been asked before over the years. But is it possible to alter the config file for the settings that change the GamePad controls with Hid2Vpad, to only enable the changes to controls when you start a specific Wii U title? I want to change the GamePad controls, but ideally only when I enter one specific game I have installed.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Maschell sorry if this has been asked before over the years. But is it possible to alter the config file for the settings that change the GamePad controls with Hid2Vpad, to only enable the changes to controls when you start a specific Wii U title? I want to change the GamePad controls, but ideally only when I enter one specific game I have installed.
Don't you just create a new txt file with the game name? I haven't used this in a while but I'm sure i did that with mario kart ds to swap the shoulder buttons, and I'm sure you told me that now i think about it so maybe I'm not understanding lol!

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you just create a new txt file with the game name? I haven't used this in a while but I'm sure i did that with mario kart ds to swap the shoulder buttons, and I'm sure you told me that now i think about it so maybe I'm not understanding lol!
Wasn't me that told you anything like that. Seems feasible what you say is true, but does the game name for the file name need to be the title ID?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wasn't me that told you anything like that. Seems feasible what you say is true, but does the game name for the file name need to be the title ID?
Hmmm.... Dunno who told me then lol
Positive it's just the game name, i know it sounds weird but I'll check in a few mins, going on pc anyway

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, these are the two I created myself for Mario64DS and Mario Kart ds and they work simply by booting the app and pressing + to apply all patches

Attachments

• ineez.rar
    293 bytes · Views: 36

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, these are the two I created myself for Mario64DS and Mario Kart ds and they work simply by booting the app and pressing + to apply all patches
Oh see, that actually is how I have mine setup for Mario 64DS, but the remap of the GamePad controls still take place across the entire System in any title and not just in Mario 64 DS when you load that.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh see, that actually is how I have mine setup for Mario 64DS, but the remap of the GamePad controls still take place across the entire System in any title and not just in Mario 64 DS when you load that.
AH!! I thought the game name thing was a bit too easy and had no idea that happened as I hadn't went into any other games after playing those titles.. Thanks for the info then and sorry that wasn't the answer!

Reactions: TonyNESgri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c