Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for this I have tried a ps4 remote the last few days and it's actually really nice. Great stuff

Edit: just wondering if anyone else has issues with n64 vc and ps4 controller? Every other title is fine except n64 (goin forwould with anolog makes it go random direction)

Last edited by jammybudga777,

Kekskrümel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ps3 Controller has deadzone problems for me.

I also opened an Issue in github with more information.

Thx for your work.

idoido

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silly question: how to connect a PS3 pad? by USB cable or there is a possibility to pair it with bluetooth?

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
My mouse doesn't seem to work correctly with this. Switching to right stick mode in splatoon zooms enables/disables the scope rapidly and always slowly moves me to the left, default touch screen mode doesn't work at all.

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
My ADX Firepower V02 mouse X axis is unresponsive going to the right, and barely goes to the left (gotta really slide the mouse across the mouse pad to as much as move the camera a LITTLE in Splatoon), buttons are ok. Logitech Performance MX mouse with Unifying USB dongle works alright when it comes to buttons but as @sonic2756 said, the camera always slowly moves left. Touch screen works, keyboard works. Razer Blackwidow 2014 was used for that.

If possible, button remap for mouse+keyboard and mouse sensitivity options would be amazing, but I have literally no idea about how doable that is, just a little suggestion that you probably already have considered.<- I'm a noob. Otherwise great app! Good job.

Last edited by Ridge,
Reactions: josamilu

laplacier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Maschell and thank you for the HID Homebrew App!

I did some testing with devices I had here and I found the following:

-There is no thumbstick click binding on the keyboard. Most games don't require its use but Splatoon multiplayer requires it off the top of my head.
-I used a cheap travel mouse (altiva LYNX-R19R) and I was able to get fluid response in touchscreen mode but in R-Stick mode it would constantly move in the last direction pushed until I clicked a button on the mouse.
-I used a gaming mouse (COBRA JUNIOR) and it exhibited similar behaviors as others on the thread. In touchscreen mode it would always hug the left side of the screen and in R-Stick mode it would constantly move left at high velocity. The mouse had the built in ability to alter its DPI but it did not change behavior.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Can this program work with xbox 360 controller, if it not, do a test for it or do an update

Xbox controllers are not HID-USB.
They are using proprietary communication format.
It might be possible, just not as a HID interface.

Same for Xbox One controller?

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In Twilight princess HD ZL is really buggy and so is the start button. cstick on gc doesnt work.
Could you define "buggy" a little bit more?
Are you using the official GC-Adapter? The cstick is mapped to right stick on the gamepad.

Same for Xbox One controller?
Yes

It would be really nice if you could add support simulate different pro controllers with attached gamecube or playstation controllers :D
I don't have that much time to look into it right now, but maybe in the future.

silly question: how to connect a PS3 pad? by USB cable or there is a possibility to pair it with bluetooth?
At the moment USB only.

-There is no thumbstick click binding on the keyboard. Most games don't require its use but Splatoon multiplayer requires it off the top of my head.
I'll try to map every button with the next commit. Do you have a suggestion for a corresponding key on the keyboard?

Reactions: idoido

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head