Homebrew Homebrew Development

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you give me a link to said info? as i havent seen anything farther than someone getting the rom extracted... after extracting it and injecting a new one they had problems running the game.. thats what i remember atleast

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you give me a link to said info? as i havent seen anything farther than someone getting the rom extracted... after extracting it and injecting a new one they had problems running the game.. thats what i remember atleast

it's information scattered through the decryption tool thread and the extracting models thread, there isn't really a put together how to, but if you feel like a load of reading it's possible.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been keeping up with them and have seen nothing about gamegear games being possible however every other vc is the gamegear games have an extra encryption/compression and it hasnt been figured out yet

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
I threw together a launcher.dat that goes through and displays all the portal song lyrics in a neat way..
It serves no real purpose other than to look cool, lol

if anyone wants it, here.. just use it same way you would the gateway launcher.dat
I'm gonna try and make a text based game or something next , hah

Reactions: Abcdfv

loco365

Trophies
XP
A few questions regarding 3DS'S AES.

As for AES-128, according to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Encryption_Standard, there's an initial round, main rounds, and a final round. There are also 10 cycles. Is the initial round and/or final round part of this 10?

The AES also requires an expanded key, referenced here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rijndael_key_schedule is an operation in which you reference "the four-byte block before the new expanded key". What does this mean?

Does the 3DS use the normal AES, or a variation?

If it's a variation, could someone explain the variations?

I hate to be that guy, but...

...If you're trying to program an emulator, this should be elementary knowledge to you. A system as complex as this requires that you know the ins and outs of this kind of stuff like it's written on the back of your hand (And then some). There's already a pair of WIP-homebrew emulators and they're barely functional as it is, and these are being made by people that know their shit. Nobody here will give the level of detail of information that you need openly in public, not to mention there's probably not even that kind of information yet. Until a chip decap can properly be started, it's going to be borderline impossible to emulate the 3DS on a retail level.

And at this point, it's basically a lost cause to try programming an emulator for more than homebrew. Not enough is known about the system, and it will be like this for a number of years. Case and point: Dolphin. The Wii has been out for over 5 years, and emulation for it is still not perfect, and is still heavily WIP. The 3DS is far more complex than the Wii is. You'd probably be better off just making a program that displays 3DS screenshots and claim it as an emulator, it'd probably be far more functional.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
"dont update to 9.0.0!!" "i'm not releasing it!!"
So then what's to be lost by updating? From the sounds of that description, ssspwn will be a more reliable exploit, as well as working on latest firmware.

Reactions: Huntereb

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
so its an exploit in the 3DS profile name instead of the NDS profile name this time......i assume so with that weird username on the normal 3ds profile settings screen

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
They're shared actually.
hmmm really, how come the normal 3ds profile shows up even when the NDS profile exploit is installed, also just worth noting, the nickname looks like it has a bunch of %%%% in it, on the normal menu you cant type the percent symbol into the nickname field

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share