Homebrew Homebrew Development

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i ran into an odd issue with the playcoinsetter homebrew.. it worked for 1 day, and now it wont show up in the gateway menu, it just shows up a blank square and doesnt load.. ive deleted it and put in on the card again with the same result.. any idea why PCS isnt showing up now? regular games are playign fine, but this homebew isnt showing up.. if i rename it to .3dz, it says its invalid, if i keep it as .3ds, it stays as a blank square that doesnt open..

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
either fake SD card, bad rom, you downgraded you launcher for some random reason

ps just renaming something .3dz is pointless especially if it doesn't have any header (that is why its a invalid .3dz) and even more pointless if it doesn't have online features

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have 3ds games on the same sd card and they all show up and play in the gateway list.. only the coin setter doesnt work (no icon, but its clickable, but does nothing when you do), and as i said, it did work the 1st day, but never after...

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have 3ds games on the same sd card and they all show up and play in the gateway list.. only the coin setter doesnt work (no icon, but its clickable, but does nothing when you do), and as i said, it did work the 1st day, but never after...
You should open a new topic or ask in the newbie section. This isn't the right topic to be asking about that, really. This is for the development of Homebrew, not help for running applications on the Gateway card, let alone one that is not actually homebrew at all, but part of the official Nintendo development software packages. As it is not homebrew, we also cannot link you to confirmed working versions for that program, as it is not legal to do so, or acceptable on this board.

At best, I can recommend defragmenting your SD card using Auslogics free defrag software or similar. That may solve your problem, assuming your SD card is legitimate.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Any possibility of being able to change your primary Mii into a "Special Mii"? Ya know, the one's with the gold pants? Would be cool to Streetpass people, and it say "You found a special Mii!" on their screen for your avatar. :P

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
3DS Binary Decimal Converter updated.

CHANGELOG:
-Now you can choose binary lenght by simply increasing/decreasing it with L/R button.
-Fixed a little graphical glitch

GitHub repo updated, LINK

To st4rk, could you update your 3DS Template with latest CTRULIB? Smealum updated it this morning...

Oh, i will check what was changed tomorrow :P

Reactions: AlbertoSONIC

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it possible that with the advent of the Sky3ds (that will cause mass piracy on all firmwares) that the devs who were afraid to enable piracy would release certain exploits and whatnot which could really be beneficial to homebrew?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So is it possible that with the advent of the Sky3ds (that will cause mass piracy on all firmwares) that the devs who were afraid to enable piracy would release certain exploits and whatnot which could really be beneficial to homebrew?

Probably not.
They don't want to do with piracy at all.

Reactions: NEP

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
somehow i doubt it, but who knows what other stuff will be "leaked" if this person managed to get their hands on the 7.x keys i would imagine they also got hold of a romloader along the way too and obviously has no worries about leaking the stuff

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
somehow i doubt it, but who knows what other stuff will be "leaked" if this person managed to get their hands on the 7.x keys i would imagine they also got hold of a romloader along the way too and obviously has no worries about leaking the stuff

From what I've been hearing, we're very likely to see some fun stuff get thrown to the public soon. Not even mad, very happy, actually.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Sakurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all!
I've been a lurker for awhile, and, at long last, decided on joining! ^_^
I have a question, and I apologize in advance if this is the wrong thread to post in - please, correct me if I'm wrong!
Onto the main point:
I'm semi-proficient in C, C++ (though never before on anything I would not consider a computer), and recently started learning ARM Assembly v7, and would like to develop a few simple homebrew games on the 3ds.
My question is, where should I start?
Could anyone provide me with some helpful resource or tutorial of sort?
Thanks! :yaysp:

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all!
I've been a lurker for awhile, and, at long last, decided on joining! ^_^
I have a question, and I apologize in advance if this is the wrong thread to post in - please, correct me if I'm wrong!
Onto the main point:
I'm semi-proficient in C, C++ (though never before on anything I would not consider a computer), and recently started learning ARM Assembly v7, and would like to develop a few simple homebrew games on the 3ds.
My question is, where should I start?
Could anyone provide me with some helpful resource or tutorial of sort?
Thanks! :yaysp:

coding is done in C, loads of documentation on the 3dbrew website, and smealums CTRUlib is pretty much required for doing anything worth doing. Also reading around in this thread for other peoples sources to study.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I have a question here: would anyone be able to code an NDS app that does this?

1. Write the profile exploit as soon as it's launched
2. Immediately pass control to another NDS binary

This file could then be set instead of the _DS_MENU.DAT bootfile on DS flashcarts, so that everytime the DS flashcart is booted and DS mode clears the exploit, the exploit is written back immediately, then it passes control to the flashcart firmware. Then we wouldn't have to manually reinstall the exploit everytime we want to go back to 3DS mode.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I have a question here: would anyone be able to code an NDS app that does this?

1. Write the profile exploit as soon as it's launched
2. Immediately pass control to another NDS binary

This file could then be set instead of the _DS_MENU.DAT bootfile on DS flashcarts, so that everytime the DS flashcart is booted and DS mode clears the exploit, the exploit is written back immediately, then it passes control to the flashcart firmware. Then we wouldn't have to manually reinstall the exploit everytime we want to go back to 3DS mode.

Wouldn't it cause issues with the DS mode then?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Wouldn't it cause issues with the DS mode then?
I have no idea. The way I understand it, it's the personal message string gets corrupted. I don't know of any games that try to read/use that piece of data.

EDIT: Nevermind you're right. The profile counter points to the 2nd profile, which would immediately be used as a "backup" to restore the 1st profile. And the 1st profile is entirely corrupt as it is full of ROP payloads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong