Hacking How can i activate a 3.60 ps vita without ps3?

dragonmaster

Ancient One
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i already have one activated but my 2nd one which i restored due to a memory card problem cant activate and i cant use the qcma ,any option?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100% sure on this, but you might be able to take the act.dat from your first Vita and transfer it to the other along with some registry files that might activate your Vita.
vd0:registry/system.dreg
vd0:registry/system.ireg
tm0:npdrm/act.dat

Note that this is experimental, I'm only basing my assumption that this would work because of an old method of swapping accounts on the same memory card. If it doesn't work, then there's nothing you can do without a PS3.

Also, QCMA doesn't need an activated Vita to be used, just a PSN account linked (which is not the same thing as activation). It sounds like when you restored, you didn't actually setup a PSN account during first time setup. You can do so without updating, so restore again and add the PSN account if you haven't beforehand.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You might need to update the drivers for the Vita, old versions of QCMA installed an old libusb driver that occasionally doesn't work on some Vita's.

Remove your current version of QCMA and install the latest version. During setup, you'll see options for drivers, choose the libusbk and finish the installation as normal. Your Vita should work properly then.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
it seems i cant make qcma to see it , i try with content manager to connect with no result, pc in device manager doesnt seem to detect it ,while ps4 recognize it quite strange

dragonmaster

Ancient One
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
ok further pluging it with 3 other pc the ps vita was not detected in control panel and nor in zadig, all occured after vitashell update to 1.51 and that make me thinkling that this had a bug and disabled something in usb,is there a way to restore usb function? to normal i did found another 2 person with same problem

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
ok further pluging it with 3 other pc the ps vita was not detected in control panel and nor in zadig, all occured after vitashell update to 1.51 and that make me thinkling that this had a bug and disabled something in usb,is there a way to restore usb function? to normal i did found another 2 person with same problem
That shouldn't be a problem I don't think :unsure: or, at least, nothing wide-spread.

The best I could think of would be doing another full restore on it, to see if after the restore (and before using Henkaku) it's recognized on your PC. If it does, then we know it's homebrew related. If not, then I'm not entirely sure what the issue might be :unsure:

quackquackquack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'm not 100% sure on this, but you might be able to take the act.dat from your first Vita and transfer it to the other along with some registry files that might activate your Vita.
vd0:registry/system.dreg
vd0:registry/system.ireg
tm0:npdrm/act.dat

Note that this is experimental, I'm only basing my assumption that this would work because of an old method of swapping accounts on the same memory card. If it doesn't work, then there's nothing you can do without a PS3.

Also, QCMA doesn't need an activated Vita to be used, just a PSN account linked (which is not the same thing as activation). It sounds like when you restored, you didn't actually setup a PSN account during first time setup. You can do so without updating, so restore again and add the PSN account if you haven't beforehand.
I don't think it will work, the act.dat is unique to every console as it contains the idps of each console. So merely transferring act.dat won't work

dragonmaster

Ancient One
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
if anyone can confirm in which direction i can find in ps vita the usb drivers so i can replace them to my not detecting pc ps vita let me know ,i suspect it is a deletion of sort of ps vita folder which is responsible for pc recognition

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
That's...not exactly how it works.

When you plug your Vita into your PC, even if no drivers were installed whatsoever, it'd still show up as something in the Device Manager, like just a question mark or an unknown device or something. But, because it's not showing up (so you say), that means there's an issue somewhere when connecting your Vita to your PC. There's no "folder" that could be deleted that'd make it so it wouldn't show up whatsoever.

Try completely wiping CMA, QCMA, and OpenCMA if you have any of the following installed and reinstalling QCMA. This would reset the drivers that Vita uses (make sure you use libusbk when reinstalling) and if it still doesn't show up, it's a problem with the Vita itself.

If that still does nothing, try doing a full restore like I recommended before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: