How can I port Visual Novels from PC to VNDS?

DuckoCuako

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I have been playing visual novels in VNDS and I have been thinking that I would like to adapt some novels already present in windows and then translate them and taking into account that I am just starting my vacations I would like to know if there is any guide or manual that explains how to adapt them and make them playable in VNDS, thanks!

Reactions: dub_the_old

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have been playing visual novels in VNDS and I have been thinking that I would like to adapt some novels already present in windows and then translate them and taking into account that I am just starting my vacations I would like to know if there is any guide or manual that explains how to adapt them and make them playable in VNDS, thanks!
What do you mean adapt them?
The way I'm understanding this is:

You're already using Visual Novel DS
Which means that you already have adapted files
Still asking how to adapt files for Visual Novel DS?
🤔 English isn't my first language so it's a bit confusing.

Either way, back in 2010 I used to read Andy Loomis's Books as PDF in my DS, but can't remember which program I used... not sure if it was VNDS or other because I remember downloading extra software to convert PDF to another extension to read in DS.

I think I used Comic Book DS and Visual Novel DS... can't remember, I mean... 2010!

Still, please explain what's exactly what you're trying to do... I'm not understanding.

EDIT: Or was it Picto DS?
Post automatically merged:

Or was it this one?

Reactions: DanTheManMS

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What do you mean adapt them?
The way I'm understanding this is:

You're already using Visual Novel DS
Which means that you already have adapted files
Still asking how to adapt files for Visual Novel DS?
🤔 English isn't my first language so it's a bit confusing.

Either way, back in 2010 I used to read Andy Loomis's Books as PDF in my DS, but can't remember which program I used... not sure if it was VNDS or other because I remember downloading extra software to convert PDF to another extension to read in DS.

I think I used Comic Book DS and Visual Novel DS... can't remember, I mean... 2010!

Still, please explain what's exactly what you're trying to do... I'm not understanding.

EDIT: Or was it Picto DS?
Post automatically merged:

Or was it this one?
VNDS is a kind of emulator/interpreter for want of a better term of various visual novels, and did include its internal specs such that more things could be made for it.
https://github.com/BASLQC/vnds/wiki/VNDS-Interpreters https://github.com/BASLQC/vnds

At the same time visual novel is a gameplay style rather than a specific gameplay engine or something. To that end it makes about as much sense as wanting an RPG player or an FPS player. Which is to say there are a thousand different ways such things can be coded and devs frequently took them. Mind you also at the same time a considerable amount from the late 1990s through early 2010s were the era of the visual novel bedroom coder as it were and are glorified slideshows (extract them and you will find a bunch of BMP images and wave files with the core of the game being basically hyper links between them) so it makes a tiny bit more sense than the RPG example in some very strict scenarios, though others will be full bore game logic, animations, custom formats, encryption (the Japanese side of things actually leans quite deeply into it, more so than mosrt) and all else that people have to contemplate when the discussion of porting a game comes up. Even without that then some of those with animations could be replicated or lost for the sake of conversion and still enjoy the same story.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I compiled one of the vnds readers a while ago, but there were issues with it. Loading certain novels caused a crash. Never figured out why.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol