Hacking How do fake R4 flashcards work? + Noob question.

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone.
Around a month or two ago, I purchased a bunch of fake R4 flashcards from my local thrift store. The flashcards booted to the wood menu, but when I tried to run a game, it had a message that said something in Asian, and the person's name, his MP and his car. Anyway how do they work?

Bonus Noob Question: Could I maybe fix the card by flashing a recovery file of an actual flashcard like in the NTRboot flashcard recovery section in the 3ds.guide? The cards are r4 3ds upgrade gold pro and the r4 3ds upgrade sdhc *new* (it is old by now, I think it is the 2012 version).
2012.8.27.C.jpg

IMG_2409.JPG

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
This looks like time bomb card.

This could be fixed by ys menu i think, someone with more knowledge can help you with that.

Last edited by aos10,

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just keep away from fake cards.
You're right.
I knew that there was a really high chance of them being fake, but i got them anyway for their crazy low price.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, it seems that I have another problem.The page for the latest download for YSmenu does not open on any of my computers, it looks like the page just times out every time.
Is there any other place I can get YSmenu from? (I tried to get it from here: http://home.usay.jp/ ).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi everyone.
Around a month or two ago, I purchased a bunch of fake R4 flashcards from my local thrift store. The flashcards booted to the wood menu, but when I tried to run a game, it had a message that said something in Asian, and the person's name, his MP and his car. Anyway how do they work?

Bonus Noob Question: Could I maybe fix the card by flashing a recovery file of an actual flashcard like in the NTRboot flashcard recovery section in the 3ds.guide? The cards are r4 3ds upgrade gold pro and the r4 3ds upgrade sdhc *new* (it is old by now, I think it is the 2012 version).
2012.8.27.C.jpg

View attachment 117253
Where did you download Wood from?
It looks like maybe it's detecting that it's running from a clone card and showing that message. I guess YWG (the Wood R4 creator) or the team behind the flashcart they cloned added that message in there to get back at the person.
Either you need to get the kernel from the clone website, or maybe you just need an older version of the kernel from before they added that check.

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It looks like maybe it's detecting that it's running from a clone card and showing that message. I guess YWG (the Wood R4 creator) or the team behind the flashcart they cloned added that message in there to get back at the person.
Either you need to get the kernel from the clone website, or maybe you just need an older version of the kernel from before they added that check.

I used the latest version of the kernel. Since I already had an oficial R4 3ds RTS I just swapped the memory cards.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I used the latest version of the kernel. Since I already had an oficial R4 3ds RTS I just swapped the memory cards.
The only "official" R4 is the original R4 without SDHC, RTS or DSi/3DS support, all the others are clones of eachother.
Do you mean r4ids.cn R4i Gold 3DS RTS? That uses the official Wood R4 (made by YWG), which is designed to only work on r4idsn and r4ids.cn carts, as well as the original R4. All the other R4 clones out there using Wood R4 have modded the kernel to work on their flashcart, and their flashcart only.
So you need to use the kernel from the website printed on your cart, as only that one will work.

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The only "official" R4 is the original R4 without SDHC, RTS or DSi/3DS support, all the others are clones of eachother.
Do you mean r4ids.cn R4i Gold 3DS RTS? That uses the official Wood R4 (made by YWG), which is designed to only work on r4idsn and r4ids.cn carts, as well as the original R4. All the other R4 clones out there using Wood R4 have modded the kernel to work on their flashcart, and their flashcart only.
So you need to use the kernel from the website printed on your cart, as only that one will work.
Ok. Thank's for your help!

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

The website is dead. But i'll try it through the wayback machine.
And it worked! Thank you so much!

(now what do I do with so many flashcards lying around?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1