Hacking How do we update games installed on USB while staying on 5.5.1?

fluffykiwi

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
I have a couple of games that are advising they have updates, Call of Duty Black Ops II won't even start without the update.
These games do not appear in WiiU USB Helper lists.

Is there an app that will allow us to download the update on PC, to install via WUP Installer in WiiU?

Or even an app that runs on WiiU that allows us to update games without updating our systems to 5.5.2?

I am not currently running custom firmware, and I am pretty sure there is a simple way to do this.

*edit*
Thanks to those that took the time to read my question. NNU Patcher seems to be the answer. Once run via homebrew launcher, check you can connect to eShop, then simply launch game that requires update. I'm currently investigating why a couple of my games give server errors, while the others update fine.

Last edited by fluffykiwi,

fluffykiwi

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
You can also download updates with Wii U usb helper and install them with wup installer
As mentioned in original post, these games are not listed in WiiU USB Helper. I think it is just listing games that are released in both disc and download formats.

Is there a way to make WiiU USB Helper list additional titles, maybe using the Title IDs?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used NNU patcher while on 5.5.1 to update my games just fine. I always test NNU patcher first by going into the eshop. If it lets me all the way in then it's working. Then I back out and run the game and let it do its update.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, nnu patcher is how I updated crunchyroll. I was testing out the app to make sure it worked. I'm still on 5.5.1, but it's best to be safe.

Reactions: fluffykiwi

fluffykiwi

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Thanks everyone, I'll retry using NNU Patcher. I did think it should have worked.
I'm currently updating BOTW using WiiU USB Helper and SD card, so cannot try this immediately, but will try as soon as the update has transferred to my SD Card.

I'll try using NNU Patcher method, instead of using WUP Installer with the files I'm downloading to check it is working fine. I'll also check my NNU Patcher is up to date, as before 5.5.2 was released I just allowed normal updates.

I know it definitely allowed access to eShop as I tried this before I tried to update any games.

*edit*
NNU Patcher is working fine, I'm downloading updates for Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Breath of the Wild, but getting server error with updating Call of Duty: Ghosts. May be an issue with my copy of that game, so I will re-add this from disc to my USB again to make sure. Also getting server error with Funky Barn, but think I may just delete that one. :)

Thanks everyone for the help.

*edit* BOTW and COD Black ops 2 updated fine. problem must be my copy of COD Ghost.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc