Status
Not open for further replies.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people call me naive or child like but I would just recite the one monologue of Romeo and Juliet I know and give her a rose saying "A rose by any other name is just as sweet." But then again most girls now adays are thots, so make sure you choose someone nice

is this elementary school, i don't know what crack you're smoking to expect a random girl to want to date you just because you can remember four lines from Romeo and Juliet

also for OP, just talk to them and if the type of person you are doesn't work well with girls, make yourself something else. Everyone says, "be yourself" but if you want girls and people to talk to before the priorities of yourself, then change. I used to be an annoying, greasy kid until I realized that if i wanted friends, i'd need to become something else. I did, and now I have people to talk to and am able to make people happy, which is my only goal really.

i guess just be yourself, unless you want to change for others

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this elementary school, i don't know what crack you're smoking to expect a random girl to want to date you just because you can remember four lines from Romeo and Juliet

also for OP, just talk to them and if the type of person you are doesn't work well with girls, make yourself something else. Everyone says, "be yourself" but if you want girls and people to talk to before the priorities of yourself, then change. I used to be an annoying, greasy kid until I realized that if i wanted friends, i'd need to become something else. I did, and now I have people to talk to and am able to make people happy, which is my only goal really.

48 lines actually, I am really over the top so I usually end up getting what I set out for

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you could probably just make up 48 lines and most girls wouldn't know the difference anyway (not that guys would either)

just keep the swearing to a minimum and throw "art thou" in a few times and your good

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Truth of it is it just takes time and experience like everything else. It's hard to talk to girls when you're in your pre-teens/teens and even early twenties, not least of the reasons being that your hormones are raging and your body and mind are still both changing. I was terrible at it, but was lucky enough to land a couple girlfriends during that period of time through sheer persistence. Now in my early thirties I'm finally just as comfortable talking to women as I am with men, and hoping to land this cute gamer chick at work soon.

Reactions: WeedZ

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
...these threads always make me laugh

There's no real method to talk to a girl, because, this may be a shocker...but girls are humans, too. You just go up to one and talk to them like they're any other person. Typical "how do I socialize" stuff, like asking what their hobbies are, do they like video games, etc.

If you're trying to only talk to women just to get laid, and no reason else then I have no words of advice cuz that's just kinda sleezy.
well put, they are only human.

no different than men, but in some cases they are alot different.
i personally don't have it so easy to talk to girls though, i'm just no good at talking to them.

so my way is, i don't at all (sadly).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Everyone says, "be yourself" but if you want girls and people to talk to before the priorities of yourself, then change. I used to be an annoying, greasy kid until I realized that if i wanted friends, i'd need to become something else. I did, and now I have people to talk to and am able to make people happy, which is my only goal really.

I agree, if your normal self is annoying, being yourself is not in your favor.
But don't change completely to something you are not, or it will both be hard to keep that persona in front of others and sooner or later they will notice you are faking. Don't lie, just act differently (be more serious for example), change your appearance maybe (the way you dress, hair style). sometime the problem really is you, the way the others see you, but they already know the old you if you only frequent the same group of people (school or work).

Reactions: Quantumcat

rouge2t7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree, if your normal self is annoying, being yourself is not in your favor.
But don't change completely to something you are not, or it will both be hard to keep that persona in front of others and sooner or later they will notice you are faking. Don't lie, just act differently (be more serious for example), change your appearance maybe (the way you dress, hair style). sometime the problem really is you, the way the others see you, but they already know the old you if you only frequent the same group of people (school or work).

Ehh, I dunno. Maybe your annoying personality will attract somebody. Or you'll learn to change it, since nobody wants an annoying bf/gf. It's almost like setting yourself up for failure if you're gonna try to be different.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
actually, I was thinking about someone not taking showers frequently (daily?), and smelling... having a bad look with dirty hairs, etc.
I guess that's happening often during adolescent years, some people seem alergic to water and shower. (unfortunately, not only kids, some adults are smelling bad and not taking showers...)

start by looking nice, and smelling nice.
you are still yourself when talking about personality, but you can make some effort in your look.

Last edited by Cyan,

GreatMaupinCaper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say the best to talk to a girl is first to learn fleunt sign language. Then once you've mastered it with your hands, learn how to sign effectively with your pork and beans. If you can do that it should be smooth sailing my friend.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
48 lines actually, I am really over the top so I usually end up getting what I set out for

You're 15.
If you start reciting romeo and juliet to a girl, all you're going to get is bullied.
or a very confused stare, followed by the girl walking away.

D

Deleted User

OP
I would ask : why do you want to talk to a stranger? girl or guy, just ask yourself if you would do it with stranger guy or not, and for which reasons?
ask yourself if the reason is only for "romance" or just to talk naturally about common subjects with someone else without further motive in mind.
If it's a guy then my reason is the latter. If it's a girl sometimes my reason is the latter and sometimes both.

I think having a motive which you define by yourself as risky is the reason you are stressing out and talking to someone else just fails. you are afraid to be rejected, you hope for something which can't happen with strangers.
I don't care about being rejected. It happens. But I notice that making the effort to have something to talk about keeps a conversation going, even if it's just something interesting I did on the weekend. And romance doesn't happen with just anyone.

Like quantumcat said, just don't see others as something you should win, or like a mission or a test.
being in a group with similar interest is enough to talk to someone else. don't do it to "talk to girl". do it for not being alone and sharing with others. let the others (girls!) come to you.
I agree with most of that. But sometimes a shy girl might want to talk to me but is too shy to speak up. And at the same time I wouldn't want to mistake her as shy when she simply doesn't want to talk to me.

May I ask how old you are?
Don't worry about meeting someone, getting laid, or staying alone all your life. Don't compare to others, everyone his own life.
just go with the flow.
I'm in my mid-twenties. Staying single is something I'm afraid of. As for getting laid, if I really, really wanted to I could drive to the brothel right now and fuck my virginity away. And this is not the only option available to me.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
leafon, I guess I thought you had problem because you might act differently and not confident enough when talking to a girl because of the fear to be rejected. but if you don't fear that, you are maybe not "acting weird" and not showing yourself as not confident.
we don't know you enough to suggest any help. I could suggest to stay with other people. have friends, be with them and meet their friends. eventually you'll meet someone. just don't stay alone or at home for years.

Last edited by Cyan,

KevinLSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An honest answer from me, I literally don't know how to communicate with people. People just find me adorable and seem to just enjoy my awkwardness.
So I guess my equal treatment of awkwardness seems to make people enjoy me.
Wtf is that profile pic everyone is using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Psis pharmaceuticals could make John Goodman loose weight +2