Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ever: £10 from an anonymous tipster, which I reinvested towards PS4 hardware.

I just set this up today for people to show gratitude if they want to:

ko-fi.com/kiiwiiaioguide

Last edited by KiiWii,

banjojohn

Trophies
XP
Country
but you also need to be very lucky
No, that's exactly my point. You would have to be extremely stupid or unlucky if you invested some money in crypto on jan 1st 2017 and looked at the outcome on dec 31st 2017 and saw anything but a massive gain. If we remove Bitconnect (that's the stupid part) I dare you to come of a portfolio of coins that hasn't gained in that period.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
No, that's exactly my point. You would have to be extremely stupid or unlucky if you invested some money in crypto on jan 1st 2017 and looked at the outcome on dec 31st 2017 and saw anything but a massive gain. If we remove Bitconnect (that's the stupid part) I dare you to come of a portfolio of coins that hasn't gained in that period.
Bitconneeeeeect

Reactions: gman666

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like, 5 bucks and that's all xp

Currently planning to work more on my drawings so i could be open for commissions someday...

Reactions: x65943

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I suppose that depends on how you look at it. I work from home as an "IT Consultant" for a couple companies in the US/UK/Romania, so all the work I do is technically "online", which would result in something like $70-$80k+ the last few years.

If we don't count that, then it's probably more around $1000-ish, with various BTC investments over the year.

Reactions: DarthDub and x65943

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Tom said except I work for Amazon. If we aren't including that then there are a few things I do on the side or used to do to make what I call "Fuck It" money.

1.) Usertesting. Testing out programs/websites while recording my reaction to the site as well as my thoughts on it's infrastructure, features, color scheme, etc. Typically recordings were around 5 minutes long and paid me $10 each.

Picture.

2.) Video game beta testing. Testing out new DLC/AAA games before they hit the market. Most of the time it's just me and 30+ other people testing out the multiplayer servers. (Does voice work? Matchmaking? Any glitches?) Tests usually last 2-3 hours so a nice $20-$30 per session for playing video games? Hell yeah.

Picture.

3.) CSGO match betting. Placing bets on CSGO matches with CSGO skins. I originally started out with $200 in skins and placed quite a few bets. Made over $1K and then cashed everything out. It was fun playing competitive/casuals to see how triggered people got when they saw my $900 Dragon Lore and $598 butterfly knife though.

Picture.

dope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve made about $20 doing Swagbucks surveys, and about $2 worth in dividends from stocks that I’ve bought online. I started getting involved with both of these things the last few months

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Nothing. I would love to do something for money though.
I'm pretty decent at designing UIs for games and programmes. Probably other stuff involving these skills, too. Hit me up.
I made more money selling me body when I was a teen.
You did what...?

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nothing. I would love to do something for money though.
I'm pretty decent at designing UIs for games and programmes. Probably other stuff involving these skills, too. Hit me up.

You did what...?
Designing or implementing said UIs too?:P Because I could use help with that...

Also, my reaction exactly, but decided not to touch that topic:rofl2:

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Designing or implementing said UIs too?:P Because I could use help with that...
I can design a UI if you give me a basic idea, draw some concepts, discuss them, then draw the final graphics and send them to you.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$18000 between 2012 and 2016, since then, I don't know, an estimate based on memory of purchases the last 2 years, $3000, very rough guess.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Probably about 80 € through paid surveys since about 2010, in the form of cell phone and online store credit...

If Bitcoins count, blockchain claimed a couple of months ago that my roughly 0,20 € of 2011 (from watch-adblocked-ads-for-30-seconds services) turned into double integer digits, but I don't consider something so hard and inefficient (fees) to trade with a serious currency

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Somewhere in the region of around £50 in donations for my Discord bot (because apparently people care about that stuff), but pretty much all of it went towards hosting costs so it's not exactly a profit.

Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm gonna invent something that fits in your pocket but can text and make phone calls!!!