• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

How not to Run a Company in 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW Twitter just cumbled in 2 weeks.

MF lost $44billion because Twitter users were making fun of him.

PRO-tip Don't let Racist Conspiracist to run wild, and HELLA SURE not to allow them to be verified for 8$

FhKCSyOXwAEMPX_.jpeg
FhMPog1WQAEXD2I.jpeg

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a moment I thought this was a joke, until I remembered that Twitter is a joke of a platform.

Seriously though, wtf is wrong with Twitter.
6months ago
Elon was tired of people making fun of him on Twitter, so he offered a ridiculous high bid $44b to buy it.
Mind you this was before inflation..
so when the price tanked he refused to buy it, Twitter sued him as he signed a contract.

2 weeks ago
Elon was forced to purchase Twitter for $44b mind you a lot of the investors backed off and he had to secure funding by using his Own Tesla stock.

Currently:
Elon fired at least. Half the staff (mostly security and compliance)
And wanted to give anyone who paid 8$ verification status ( which was originally only for companies or notable people)
Claiming it was going to stop the bots and trolls

1. Elon is finding out most trolls and bots can afford $8.
2. Elon was said to privately state he wants at least half of all users to pay $8 to say profitabile

And rumors are Elon wanted to skirt FTC LAWS. Which prompted 3 top senior chief privacy officer, chief compliance officer, and chief information security officer to quit and release a memo stating FTC will be on Twitters butt asap

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops, I forgot to cancel my account on there.
Oh I’m not.. Trolls account are Personating and making jokes tweets.. And it’s hilarious
I will be slowing down and watching the car crash in real time ( but please do not believe ANYTIHNG ON TWITTER FROM THIS POINT ON )

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As says before, either it basically stays the same or it becomes another Parler. If he doesn't backtrack on pushing away users, employees and advertisers, it is going to be an even bigger waste of money.

Last edited by KingVamp,
Reactions: AncientBoi

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
Lol you have no idea what he is doing... it's vulture capitalism at it's finest
Oh nonono. We know what he's doing...
Lad bought a failing platform, over paid for it. And now we get to watch his ego and his worth blow up in his face.
It's truly genius, truly incomprehensible intelligence. 5 trillion iq play. 8d chess.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
how is he a racist or a conspiracist?
Sharing the fake story about the polosi break in for example (that it was some gay thing with some random person) he deleted the tweet (probably because advetisers saw that and dropped even faster. Since they care about brand safety)
If you didn't know, yeah that story was fake, and was trying to block the fact that someone was genuinely trying to kill her.

Reactions: The Catboy

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sharing the fake story about the polosi break in for example (that it was some gay thing with some random person) he deleted the tweet (probably because advetisers saw that and dropped even faster. Since they care about brand safety)
If you didn't know, yeah that story was fake, and was trying to block the fact that someone was genuinely trying to kill her.

well im gonna need a bigger context on it being " fake" ( how do you know its fake for example) but what does that have anything to do with race? also i assume that means that biden is a conspiracist for saying the covid vaccine stops transmission then?

edit: id also love to hear your take on what happened, because there are some parts of the story that dont make a lick of sense and as someone with inside info, im hoping you can fill those in.

Last edited by lolcatzuru,

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how is he a racist or a conspiracist?
I know U.S. Education Rankings Are Falling Behind the Rest of the World
But reading comprehension is important

The tile is “How not to Run a Company in 2022!” Implying tips on how Not to run a business

Don't let Racist Conspiracist to run wild, and HELLA SURE not to allow them to be verified for 8$“ is a tip, not a description of Elon

Doesn’t state HE* is a “Racist Conspiracist”

it clearly state HE ALLOWED “Racist Conspiracist” to charging them 8$

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know U.S. Education Rankings Are Falling Behind the Rest of the World
But reading comprehension is important

The tile is “How not to Run a Company in 2022!” Implying tips on how Not to run a business

Don't let Racist Conspiracist to run wild, and HELLA SURE not to allow them to be verified for 8$“ is a tip, not a description of Elon

Doesn’t state HE* is a “Racist Conspiracist”

it clearly state HE ALLOWED “Racist Conspiracist” to charging them 8$

that stil doesnt explain where the rascism is, unless they mean the rascism from the radicals TOWARD a brave south american man who bought a business, do you mean that?

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that stil doesnt explain where the rascism is, unless they mean the rascism from the radicals TOWARD a brave south american man who bought a business, do you mean that?

The racism is when Elon announce he officially took over Twitter and was going to stop censorship people instantly created account to say Ni@@er and other slurs (and I think you mean South African)

Racial slur usage triples on Twitter in first week of Musk takeover: study

what panda does not tells you is that any account impersonating gets perma ban
Lol and? Those are throwaway accounts that were created knowing they will be prema, they are created with the context of disrupting and creating havoc for the LOLZ

And it takes around 6 hours to take them down… 6hour? That’s not long?

It’s long enough to make Lilly use about 10-15 BILLION
NOT To mention the lost of company image for everyone else

P.s preventive answer people saying “lol so what they are big pharma and over charge” are the same people who crying bout inflation and economy..
The lost of Billions from any company will have big effect in the economy.

Last edited by djpannda,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or maybe not