ROM Hack How realistic is a full translation patch for Dragon Quest XI using the PS4 script?

steamulation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it was too good to be true and I really hope someone else picks this up (for real obviously). Thank you to the people who took their time to uncover the thruth with undebatable thruth.

Reactions: zorokenshi

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well that's life for ya. Hopefully someone can pick it up for real. Honestly there may be people Workin on this but aren't going to be doing any public announcements etc or name drops anytime soon

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

kingfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure someone is working on it somewhere. I doubt they'll tell at this point because of all the craziness and people acting like they're lawyers and etc etc.

I never really bought the second attempt but I think the first one was at least partly real. Still hoping for it from someone

D

Deleted User

Oh wow, I was pretty sceptical of this anyway, but I hadn't expected someone to just come and outright lie about it, didn't see that coming at all.

That all aside.
For anyone wanting it though, that really sucks, I really do hope someone picks it up, since DQ is such a great game, and the 3DS version is so lovely looking.

Last edited by ,

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
The team actually has about 50% of the game fully playable in English. Plus some names where changed to their Japanese ones like Gemma's original name is Emma but changed in the localized version so our patch fixes that issue, Erik is actually spelt Eric but the team are considering altering that to something new that fits his attitude more. Veronica is remaining the same as is Martina. Also concerning a question asked on here a while ago, i shown the main translator and she said she will see about asking around for a way to add the symphonic score to the title providing it can be done. However doing this would prolong the release we originally had from Xmas eve this year to later on next year.

So we leave this choice to you, do we ?

1: Go ahead with our original plan and release the patch on xmas eve this year without the orchestral music?
or
2: Take a little more time and try and transplant the orchestral music?
The sooner the better.

Startropic1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not going to weigh in on real or fake. I have been in direct contact in the past with people that worked on DQ fan translations. I remember one of them talking about hacking they were doing of 8 or 9, (I forget which now), to revert some of the official localization changed that a lot of people find silly. This was when the aforementioned game had just come out.

I'm not making claims similar to Wiikeyhacker, in fact it's been quite some time since I've been in contact with those fan translators. I kind of know how to reach them, so perhaps I will see what they are up to...

I do want to point out one thing though: reaching out to the official devs to get a fan translation an official release does have risks, but there have in fact been a couple instances where fan translations did indeed get used for official localization. Thus such a move is not without merit, it really depends on which company you try to reach out to. Some are riskier than others.

D

Deleted User

"what if I were to doctor some screenshots and disguise it as my own translation...
Oh ho ho ho, delightfully devilish!"

screenshot-5-png.146257

:creep: "They have horns so they must be Demons!! Winged demons!!1!"

upload_2019-5-6_1-31-41.png

it's ok, I have permission to share this

valid excuse but I would prefer doing everything from scratch not doing something that's considered the noobs way of doing translation.
Quoting this just because it's so funny.

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"A real translation is in the works"

Source? :D
I doubt that if a real translation is in the works they'd advertise it last they'd wanna get C&D by Square Enix. SE probably doesn't care but u never know they're like Nintendo wen it comes to fan projects/efforts

RedL

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I doubt that if a real translation is in the works they'd advertise it last they'd wanna get C&D by Square Enix. SE probably doesn't care but u never know they're like Nintendo wen it comes to fan projects/efforts

Seriously, just stop with that "gonna get C&D by Square Enix" bad meme.

There are already a TON of DraQue translation projects advertised here, there are a ton of undubs around too,... There is no reason for SE to decide to PRECISELY target this one and not the others.

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Man, this whole situation is just... sad, I'm sure something somewhere is on the works, and will be released someday, I'd love to work on something like that, but I understand it is a huge amount of work and I don't have that kind or knowledge at the moment.

Keytee-1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
While Dragon Quest XI S is awesome for including 2D mode...
I still want to play 3DS version because it's has exclusive low-poly 3D, which is an enough reason to play the game the 3rd time.
I just want to see the game in all graphic modes...

Reactions: AmandaRose

Snapdragon625

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
While Dragon Quest XI S is awesome for including 2D mode...
I still want to play 3DS version because it's has exclusive low-poly 3D, which is an enough reason to play the game the 3rd time.
I just want to see the game in all graphic modes...

Exactly. The PS4/PC graphics are too pretty for me. Tbh, I would be fine with the ps2 DQ8 cel shaded styled visuals.

Keytee-1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Exactly. The PS4/PC graphics are too pretty for me. Tbh, I would be fine with the ps2 DQ8 cel shaded styled visuals.
Eh? I do love the PS4/PC graphics.
I just want to play it in 3DS graphics to see the differences in locations and how the same cutscenes would look in low-poly graphics.

Now, I HAVE AN IDEA!!!
How about to make a translation patch with only Menus, Monster Names, Skill Names etc... Basically, translating everything except of story!
Just an interface translation. It would be quicker to make than a full game translation and would be enough for those who want to play 3DS version just for gameplay ^_^

Reactions: RedL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway +1