Hacking How to decode PS Vita RIFF audio files?

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm trying to decode a PS Vita audio file that appears to be in RIFF format. The source of the file is one of Persona 4: Dancing All Night's DLCs.
The file was packed into a standard .awb, which I used AWB_unpacker.exe to extract. The problem is, AWB_unpacker just assigns it a generic .bin extension. Looking at the file in a hex editor suggests that it is a RIFF WAV file.
GEiLJCW.png

None of the standard tools in my toolbox (Foobar 2000 w/VGMstream, VGMToolbox, WinAMP, VLC, Audacity) know what the heck to do with the thing.
If I give it a .wav extension, then Foobar can detect how long the song is, but complains about a missing ACM codec.
WGnHTgk.png

I can't find anything out about this file online and can't seem to find any convertors. Does anyone know how I can decode these?

EDIT: Here's some more information I was able to extrapolate, if it can help.
nzFw4MB.png

Last edited by OkazakiTheOtaku,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would try to convert it from ATRAC9, just as a gut feeling... Failing that, that "BG6M" could be a clue but nothing a plain web search knows about...

Nothing else jumps flagrantly to the eye, and ACM is just the old windows framework for audio compression (if you've seen the format/quality selector of XP or earlier sound recorder, you've seen ACM codecs)

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I would try to convert it from ATRAC9, just as a gut feeling... Failing that, that "BG6M" could be a clue but nothing a plain web search knows about...

Nothing else jumps flagrantly to the eye, and ACM is just the old windows framework for audio compression (if you've seen the format/quality selector of XP or earlier sound recorder, you've seen ACM codecs)
Thanks for the reply. How would I go about trying to convert from that specific format?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat