How to disable PS4 "games" updates

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to figure out how I can disable game updates every time I turn on my jailbroken PS4 9.00. I'm using KARO218 and Al Azifs DNS. I just keep getting all the updates downloading for all the games I have on my system. Is there a way around this so that I can keep my PS4 connected online (for nopsn Netflix and others) and not have the all my games try to update every time.

Thanks for the help.

White_Raven_X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone have a solution to this? I know you can completely block internet with this:
➭ Go to → Debug Settings
➭ Go to → PlayStation Network
➭ Enter in → NP Enviromet
➭ Type → sp-int

But I want to still use Netflix and other online apps.

Any other options?

White_Raven_X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why not just delete the updates? they won't install since the digest is different. and sp-int is the debug network environment iirc.
Because I have approximately 200 games on it and every time I turn on my ps4 it starts downloading game updates and taking hdd space until I deleted them. Also I'm getting 200 annoying game update notifications showing up on the top left... Makes me have to wait until those notifications go away before I can run my jailbreak with usb on 9.00.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
200 games?! Dirty pirate :P

I don’t think there is a silver bullet solution to this because developers can host updates from their own servers for their own games, so if you had 50 devs you might need 50 addresses blocked on your router. My honest advice, which is long but guaranteed to work: is to sniff the traffic and make a list of all those that connect and block em.

Kazesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the one problem with that is that it doesn't work if using a dual router, like if using a phat ps4 with a 5GHz pc. a phat ps4 is 2.4GHz only.
hmm I don't typically use WiFi, but for the switch I do.. and I did recently update to a dual router. hmmmm I havn't used proxy in a while lol I might test this out later.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: ya which one good y'all can y'all he p me look, they're everywhere on amazon