Status
Not open for further replies.

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I am also having the same issue. I'm wondering if there's an issue with the website?

EDIT: I've just noticed the .net/.com issue in the install script. That's been fixed now. My SSID is attwifi but I don't think that it's looking for a particular SSID, though...

EDIT2: Okay, it seems that that the .net/.com really was the issue. To fix, go to Administration, then Commands tab. Copy the entirety of the startup script (might start with "echo -e "#!/bin/sh\nWLINT.......") Paste it into your favorite word editing program, search for .com and change it to .net. Paste this back into the "Commands" text area, then click "Save Startup."

Once that is done, make sure to also check that you have only one cron instance of "* * * * * root /tmp/nzone BASE16,GBATEMP" in the Cron textarea under the "Management" tab, then scroll down, click save, then click reboot.

Give it a few minutes and check if this resolves the issue.

I'm a little bit confused, where abouts is the full startup script?

ShiftaDeband

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little bit confused, where abouts is the full startup script?

The startup script should be under the Administration tab, then under the Commands tab. On this page, you should see a Startup text box that starts with something like "#!/bin/sh\nWLINT...".

This would only be there if the installer script ran successfully. If you don't see Startup, try re-running the script then follow the above instructions.

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this seems strange. I've followed all of the changes people have suggested (changing from .com to .net, etc) and it seems to work fine. However, I only want the router to cycle once an hour as I don't play that much, so it's plenty. I added */60 for the first spot in the Cron job, but for some reason this stops the router from cycling altogether. If I take that out and reboot...voila, it cycles. Any thoughts?

donny2112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong format for cron. If you want the cron to cycle every hour, change the first * to 00 (i.e. cycle at the top of every hour).

00 * * * * <stuff to run>

Cron format
MM HH DD MO DOW <stuff to run>

-------

With Nintendo Zone being removed from German McDonald's, does that possibly affect homepass? Isn't NZ@McD1 the German McDonald's streetpass designator?

Last edited by donny2112,
Reactions: alpha_noj

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The startup script should be under the Administration tab, then under the Commands tab. On this page, you should see a Startup text box that starts with something like "#!/bin/sh\nWLINT...".

This would only be there if the installer script ran successfully. If you don't see Startup, try re-running the script then follow the above instructions.
Ah I see, yeah i can't get that far, I still get the not found error, so my startup script is not generated.

ShiftaDeband

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see, yeah i can't get that far, I still get the not found error, so my startup script is not generated.

I mean, I can give you a copy of my script and places to put them, but I'm really wondering if something else is the issue. I'm also wondering if they're somewhat unique?

What output do you get when you run this script in the same area?

Code:
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.dynu.net/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP

Also, which version of firmware are you running? DD-WRT of some kind, right? If it's the initial/trailed version, it may not have wget.

Go to this link: http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

Enter in your router model and version (if applicable) and download a beefier version, like big or mega. Flash to that and try the script again.

So this seems strange. I've followed all of the changes people have suggested (changing from .com to .net, etc) and it seems to work fine. However, I only want the router to cycle once an hour as I don't play that much, so it's plenty. I added */60 for the first spot in the Cron job, but for some reason this stops the router from cycling altogether. If I take that out and reboot...voila, it cycles. Any thoughts?

I thought the script itself was responsible for cycling them? I know that the * * * * * is telling it to run every second, but it doesn't change the MAC every second. It's dividing the number of MACs by 8 hours AFAIK.

Doesn't changing the BASE16 to a different multiple change then number of MACs it cycles? I actually was wondering the same thing and was looking for the most appropriate way to deal with the issue.

With Nintendo Zone being removed from German McDonald's, does that possibly affect homepass? Isn't NZ@McD1 the German McDonald's streetpass designator?

I'm not sure, but I thought that it was disabling the Nintendo Zone application access and not HomePass. I understand the app has been disabled on the 3DS in the USA, but I'm not sure about PAL versions.

Even if that's the case, simply changing your SSID to attwifi should fix all issues. Remember that you'll automatically connect to these spots and don't need to set them up in network settings. (Unless you have security on.)

Last edited by ShiftaDeband,

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I mean, I can give you a copy of my script and places to put them, but I'm really wondering if something else is the issue. I'm also wondering if they're somewhat unique?

What output do you get when you run this script in the same area?

Code:
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.dynu.net/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP

Also, which version of firmware are you running? DD-WRT of some kind, right? If it's the initial/trailed version, it may not have wget.

Go to this link: http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

Enter in your router model and version (if applicable) and download a beefier version, like big or mega. Flash to that and try the script again.

I'm using a TP-link TL-MR3020. I did wonder if it perhaps doesn't support wget, but I have had difficulty finding whether or not it does. The error i get when i insert the code into the administration -> commands section, and click run command is as follows:

Code:
/bin/sh: eval: line 1: /tmp/nzone.sh: not found

As far as I can tell, the DD-WRT version is standard, buld 21061.

This is the info at the top right of the router interface

Code:
Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std

Last edited by Sahloknir,

ShiftaDeband

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std

If that's the case, that may be the issue. Doing a little Googling leads me to believe that this version may include a consolidated version of wget.

If you're willing, try flashing to this version: http://www.dd-wrt.com/routerdb/de/download/TP-Link/TL-MR3020/v1.x/tl-MR3020-webflash.bin/4112

It may be the same, but I'm always for trying something different. The dates look like they differ on the build, so I'm optimistic.

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If that's the case, that may be the issue. Doing a little Googling leads me to believe that this version may include a consolidated version of wget.

If you're willing, try flashing to this version: http://www.dd-wrt.com/routerdb/de/download/TP-Link/TL-MR3020/v1.x/tl-MR3020-webflash.bin/4112

It may be the same, but I'm always for trying something different. The dates look like they differ on the build, so I'm optimistic.

Hmm, either something went wrong with the update, or it's the same version, the firmware info is still identical and i still get the same error.

chromestalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, either something went wrong with the update, or it's the same version, the firmware info is still identical and i still get the same error.
DDWRT's busybox will fail silently if it can't resolve the domain name or a route cannot be found when using wget or ping.
Try ping google.com and if it doesn't show anything then you most likely need to configure the router to have a static internal ip + dns server.

Can someone please upload a copy of /tmp/nzone.macs when using BASE16,GBATEMP. For some reason I always get a empty file even after updating the url to .net

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any "ready to go" OSs for the BeagleBone Black like there are for the Raspberry Pi? I just stumbled across a BBB and would like to give this a try. It runs Linux obviously, but also has a neat option to draw power from a separate USB port that also connects to a computer via serial FTDI. Just curious if anyone has tried this.

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
DDWRT's busybox will fail silently if it can't resolve the domain name or a route cannot be found when using wget or ping.
Try ping google.com and if it doesn't show anything then you most likely need to configure the router to have a static internal ip + dns server.

I put this into administration -> commands and got nothing, is that the correct place to enter the command?

chromestalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

chromestalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I did that, and it just comes up with a new command line, no message what so ever.
Yea that means you need to setup your internal ip.

Goto the webgui then click setup in the top left. You'll want to adjust whats under "WAN Setup", what is your connection type currently set to?

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yea that means you need to setup your internal ip.

Goto the webgui then click setup in the top left. You'll want to adjust whats under "WAN Setup", what is your connection type currently set to?
It was disabled, I have set it now to DHCP, and am about to try the script again, will update with what happens.

EDIT: seems setting it to DHCP makes me unable to access the router entirely. Not sure if it matters, but this DD-WRT is connecting to the internet through a modem-router, not directly.

If I choose the static IP options, what should i be putting in each field?

chromestalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It was disabled, I have set it now to DHCP, and am about to try the script again, will update with what happens.

EDIT: seems setting it to DHCP makes me unable to access the router entirely. Not sure if it matters, but this DD-WRT is connecting to the internet through a modem-router, not directly.

If I choose the static IP options, what should i be putting in each field?

Yea static ip and just pick an ip thats within your combos subnet

so i choose like

ip:192.168.1.3
gateway:255.255.255.0
dns:192.168.1.1

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yea static ip and just pick an ip thats within your combos subnet

so i choose like

ip:192.168.1.3
gateway:255.255.255.0
dns:192.168.1.1
Okay so my modem-router is the 192.168.20.x range, I've set my DD-WRT's IP to be 192.168.20.99, so it should look like:

WAN ip: 192.168.20.100
Gateway 255.255.255.0
DNS: 192.168.20.1

Does that sound right to you? Should i put anything in subnet mask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch