Hacking How to increase brightness in adrenaline settings for PSX games?

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hi!

PSP had an option to increase brightness or gamma correction in games it self, separated from system screen brightness.
I noticed that feature is missing in Adrenaline on my Vita-1000. There is only option to increase volume from 0 to +1 and +2, but no brightness.

Is there ANY way to do this, cause some (if not all) PSX games that i play in Adrenaline look a bit darker. I remember, when i had PSP,
the brightness level for every PSX game i played was on +2 and it worked great.

Im just struggling with PSX games on vita. yeah i have OLED screen and bigger screen, but in game brightness is do dark. Unless game it self has brightness option im stuck with default brightness.

Last edited by MetoMeto,

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you maybe able to do it from the "source" files..........apparently adrenaline is difficult to compile..........proprietary software usually is..........the "source" files are available, i think its open source. However, you still need a working software chain, and whatever it needs.

fine a project that isn't dead and and add a bug report about missing brightness feature.

............(generally its a moot point, other options)
............(the "flux" screen color over and filter's are probably not the best choices, its stuck that way because of difficult in compiling it, not the best choices, but they are workable options)

'Sharpscale" plugin (referencing the pstv, the vita has built in brightness? not apart of adrenaline)
1080i display (from vita options)

sacling options

scaling mode::::Fitted
PS1 aspect ratio::::4:3
Scaling Algorithm::::Point
Unlock frame buffer size::::off

Adrenaline
Graphics Filter::LCD3x
Smooth Graphics::Yes (no seems brighter)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the "flux filter", i tried to decrypt/decompress the eboot.bin before and failed, I would have to guess that is where the picture files for the "flux filter" in adrenaline is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter