How to lower brightness?

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I finally hacked my Vita and even got SD2Vita to work. But I still can't figure out how to lower the brightness below the minimum. I downloaded VitaBright but it as far as I can tell nothing is different. For the record I used Autoplugin to download things that disable the lock screen and disable the home button LED, and those work, but not VitaBright.
I might be wrong, but I think VitaBright is for 2000 models. Do you perhaps have a 1000 model?

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should try this:
Post automatically merged:

Actually, I have no idea how to install it. I dl the vpk and skprx files, drag and drop onto my Vita while connected using Vitashell, but then I go to my Vita and don't see either the files in ux0.

(I also don't have the txt file. Supposedly the 7z download link includes all three, but when I download it I get an application and I'm not sure if it's safe to open.)

oh, I might be able to lower brightness by editing the registry. That's pretty funny actually.

There is a literally a brightness counter at 3:30 in the vid.

Last edited by zeello,
Reactions: tomberyx

zeello

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I tried downloading the registry editor but it won't show up in VitaShell. When I plug in my Vita to the PC I can see the vpk file is there but it doesn't appear in the ux0 folder in Vitashell so I have no way of running it.

The brightness mod plugins I downloaded don't show up either. So I think something is glitching. But 1) I don't know what, 2) I did nothing wrong, just following the tutorials like always. =/

edit: wait, maybe they don't show up because they are meant for slim models?
Although that makes literally no sense.. it's a file in a file viewer app, it should show up regardless.

Last edited by zeello,

zeello

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't run the registry editor because the vpk doesn't show up in VitaShell.
I suspect there's nothing wrong with the plugin itself but something about my Vita is causing it so vpk files aren't seen. (even though I didn't have this problem initially, that's how I got autoplugin app)

I'm wondering if anyone had this problem before and whether there is a fix.

Wait.. I wonder if I should trying uninstalling Autoplugin? The part where I wrote "that's how I got the autoplugin app" made me wonder if that's where the issues began..

@godreborn

zeello

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, WOW. I uninstalled Autoplugin to see if that would fix it (it didn't) and now I have no way of reinstalling it. (and therefore I can't use it to maybe uninstall some of the plugins I downloaded which potentially caused this)
I may have effed up pretty bad...

Time to sell my Vita. Or better yet just throw it on the sidewalk.

Turns out there is a registry editor I can download from VitaDeploy, so I tried that and changed the brightness from 21 to 5, and nothing happened. I restarted the device and it became brighter. (that was most likely not the registry, the brightness slider went back to a high setting after I restarted, that's why it was brighter. So afterwards I turned it back to the stock lowest) Then I opened registry editor againg and changed the brightness to 55 to see if *that* would work and nothing happened.

I think I'm satisfied. So done with this garbage.

If I unmount the SD2Vita it will presumably restore my Vita to however it was before it glitched. Then I would theoretically be able to start over and try installing the patched version of vitabright. (First I would format the SD2Vita and remount it again so I have the option to undo in case I screw something up again) Basically my first goal is simply to restore my ability to install vpks. From there I can just focus on figuring out out to install vitabright.

Last edited by zeello,

zeello

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update. Turns out the vpks do show up in my Vita, but in the folder titled uma0, no ux0. I probably should have checked all folders. Derp.

EDIT: I downloaded Vitabright 2.0 and it actually worked. Seems like the Autoplugin method was a waste of time.

Guys, I finally lowered the brightness on my OLED! Holy shit!!!
If I lower it all the way it looks weird though. eh.. ┐( ̄~ ̄)┌

Last edited by zeello,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...