Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vinnycl.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello there!

I was doing nothing this Saturday, so I decided to make something new.

I have a copy of a repro cartridge Pokémon Green from Aliexpress, so I was wondering if I could make It work on my N64.

f3c99ee9-bbf6-4ec8-a4f6-d7525a046aad.jpg

I open up the cartridge and look at the PCB looking for solutions. The battery is missing but the game saves it on the cartridge.

ddba1421-1000-4ce4-a7fd-3b4b77aea25f.jpg
2b842191-f89b-4918-b81c-028747eb78bd.jpg
Besides some bugs working okay, but the ROM is just a regular Blue version, and I want my haking ROM with sprite Japanese 1 gen art.

My idea was to re-write the ROM file like I saw it on Bennvenn, into the cartridge and put my custom ROM on it using my GBxCart-Rw.

deb9cc8d-71ad-4641-90cf-e8b409986c37.jpg

On the first try, I didn't find the ROM, and I think the cartridge wasn't attached to the PCB, but on the 2nd try it worked and I could back up the ROM.

It backs ad a '.sgb'. The file works normally on VBA, but the ROM save file is inside the ROM. (I guess)

green-file.png

Ignoring it, I tried to write the new ROM into this cartridge, got some errors on 3.3V to 5V, and ended up writing on 3.3V.

But It worked, my ROM was on the cartridge and playing.

cf5d69f4-3cfe-4d0e-be9c-e856651e7253.jpg

However, It is not saving progress.

1322bca3-d54f-4fa3-91f6-e8b4fbf7255c.jpg

I tried soldering an old battery, but Its voltage is very low, and I'm not sure if I ended up soldering very well or messed up the positive and negative.
2bed7980-0d95-4da8-8d74-a86f92d25e5e.jpg
In the middle of the cartridge, there is a connector that energizes the board, and I'm not so sure if I need to energize it as well.

Well, I want to know if you guys know something and give me any ideas to finish this project.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...