Hacking How to run Wiiware on SD?

TomandJonna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if there's a version of nintendont "just" for ustealth drives, then it's a very old version of nintendont. one that was modified when the official build didn't have the compatibility yet.
there's no way nintendont 5.x need a specific ustealth version.
the most recent is enough. Ustealth is working since 3.x

I don't remember if the open source HBC has been updated to be compatible with Ustealth drives.
Latest release can be found here : https://github.com/FIX94/hbc
I didn't read any mention about being compatible with modified partition table signature.

Thanks Cyan...I'll leave you be as you've helped me much more than most would have. Just as a side note, do you mess with PS2s as well, or do you stick with Wii/WiiU only? I'm getting ready to start softmodding my PS2 when finished with the WiiU which should be fun.

Talk with you later...MOST humbly & sincerely...Tom

TomandJonna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know much on PS2.
I have a modchip, and don't do loaders, homebrew or softmod install. sorry.

First, no need to apologize...I was just wondering anyway. I have a modchip too, but don't know if I'll install it as I've backed up my stuff and also want to run my PS1 games, which I don't think my modchip allows.

Oh, I was rereading your last send to me about the WiiU and HBC...I was actually wanting to ask about the channel you mentioned that will implement UStealth on the vWii, not the HBC...sorry for that...I get mixed up a bit easy sometimes. MOST humbly & sincerely...Tom

TomandJonna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know much on PS2.
I have a modchip, and don't do loaders, homebrew or softmod install. sorry.

Hi Cyan....

I'm TRULY sorry to bother you again, but I've run into a little snag I've not read anything anywhere about that you might know the answer to.

I try to back up all of my data, to include the vWii HDD. I'm installing my wad files, which are now playing thanks to you, and I thought I'd do a back-up. So, I did a back up by simply transferring files from one disk to another. The transfer went well, but I hooked up my back-up disc, which should be identical to the original, and none of the wads I installed on the main disc show up. I'm assuming they are installed to the EMUNAND, which I transferred, but no wad channels. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? Or is it that I simply can't back up the wad installs or EMUNAND?

Oh, also, please see my previous post about the UStealth channel and where to find that.

Until we chat again...MOST humbly & sincerely...Tom

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there's no ustealth channel.
if you talk about the homebrew which you can use to toggle the hidden state of the drive, it's this one : https://gbatemp.net/attachments/usb_toggle-zip.9038/
you run it from the HBC, like other homebrew.

I'm not sure to understand your concern about backing up your data.
you said you did an entire copy of the emuNAND folder, but then you said "no wad channel".
you mean, the copy of the emuNAND works and is detected in USBLoaderGX but you don't see any installed channels on it?
you see channels you didn't install yourself from wad ? (like system channels, mii maker, vote, weather, etc.), or nothing is displayed at all?

full copy of the folder is all you need, and it should work.
I don't know where you placed the copy. Same partition format? same folder names, no different subfolders? did you check if the drive worked fine in the loader? maybe it's not detected or mounted, or some path are different, or the loader has the old hdd in cache, and you could try to force a HDD and partition refresh (settings>hdd menu>first option)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan I was just curious, you mentioned in a previous post that ios 236 is not needed. So i was curious if i came across a unneeded ios, how do i remove it or should i keep it? What ios do I need on my wii u (besides the standard ones shipped with the system) to have a full modded one anyway? :unsure:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just keep it, except the extra space it's taking on your NAND (few kb), it has no effect and will not conflict with anything else.
cIOS236 was needed only the first month the vWii was hacked. it was used to get get access rights for IOS slots (to dump them and reinstall any)
few days later, Fix94 released a way to do all the cIOS install without extracting the official IOSes and the installer had the necessary access right.

cIOS236 was still used until last month as the only IOS capable of reinstalling an IOS if you messed your IOS58 (cIOS d2x doesn't have necessary rights).
The guide I wrote above here drop the need of that IOS236 completely.

if you want the less installed hack as possible, you only need HBC and one cIOS : d2x v10 r52 based on IOS57, installed in any slot you want (preferably 249, let's prevent exotic setup)

Last edited by Cyan,

TomandJonna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's no ustealth channel.
if you talk about the homebrew which you can use to toggle the hidden state of the drive, it's this one : https://gbatemp.net/attachments/usb_toggle-zip.9038/
you run it from the HBC, like other homebrew.

I'm not sure to understand your concern about backing up your data.
you said you did an entire copy of the emuNAND folder, but then you said "no wad channel".
you mean, the copy of the emuNAND works and is detected in USBLoaderGX but you don't see any installed channels on it?
you see channels you didn't install yourself from wad ? (like system channels, mii maker, vote, weather, etc.), or nothing is displayed at all?

full copy of the folder is all you need, and it should work.
I don't know where you placed the copy. Same partition format? same folder names, no different subfolders? did you check if the drive worked fine in the loader? maybe it's not detected or mounted, or some path are different, or the loader has the old hdd in cache, and you could try to force a HDD and partition refresh (settings>hdd menu>first option)

I'm sorry I was so unclear...I backed up my nand to HDD:\EMUNAND\ and installed several .wad games/virtual consoles. USB Loader GX showed all of the .wad installs perfectly. I thought I would back up my progress, so I backed up my entire drive to a backup HDD (all contents to included \EMUNAND\). I then plugged my backup HDD into my WiiU after it booted into vWii mode. USB Loader GX recognized the backup HDD and showed all of my Wii/GameCube games, but didn't show ANY of the games/virtual consoles (from .wad files) I had installed to my original HDD. I hope that is more clear.

Perhaps what you said about USB Loader GX having the original drive in cache is the issue. I'll try forcing a refresh to see if that works, but won't be able to for several hours as I'm doing backups for the next several hours.

Thank you for the link to toggle my HDD into and out of UStealth mode. Didn't know how to properly word it, but am learning from you (little by little).

MOST humbly & sincerely...Tom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...