How/Why You Joined GBAtemp?

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can't believe I've been here since dec 05 :wtf:

Yeah, I think I was looking for ROM's lol Couldn't work out how to download 'em from here though... it's very deceiving.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I joined because some Wii softmodding website said that GBAtemp was some crappy piece of sh*t website that was run by little kids, so I decided to check it out (This was in 2008). And then I was lurking for a while, and in January 2009, I got a flashcart (I got ripped off, but who cares? It's my first flashcart). So I was visiting here more often, and I was checking out some of the homebrew, and a few days before school ended, I decided to join here. And I started to contribute more and more. So the Japanese HG/SS came out, and I saw a bunch of translations pop up. I was then talking to a guy named "PaperMagician" on KazoWAR's translation chat, who claimed to have completed a 95% Engrish translation of HG/SS. So I was decided the one to compile it into a patch and release it to GBAtemp. He disappeared or something, so I (and some other tempers) got impatient, so I decided to start a Engrish translation of my own (but it didn't get too far because I felt kinda lazy). And then PaperMagician (or some imposter) came onto the KazoWAR chat and said "some black van" came in front of his house, and he disconnected. This caused someone (Stevetry
closedeyes.gif
) to be unsupportive, so he was trolling me (and only me) until the US release (He wasn't trolling the other translators). So then the HG/SS US release came along, and I found out that trolly troll over there didn't have a fix (
tongue.gif
). And around that time, I got myself a DSi XL and an Acekard 2i. I've been very supportive of AKAIO (even though Normmatt once called me a f*cker for stating incorrect information). But now I'm moving on, and my Supercard DSTWO will be arriving on Monday.

Oh wait, you said "Why did you join", not "What have you been doing on GBAtemp the whole time". Okay, ignore practically everything I said except for the first 2-4 sentences.

WiiBricker said:
Dont remember why and when I joined here. How? I guess with the registration page http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00
How do you not know when you joined? I even know when you joined. You joined on September 18, 2009.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
I wanted access to the members-only rom section
It was so much easier downloading all my favorite pokemon, dragon quest, mario and grand theft auto games without all the noobs on that section.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seriously. I remember when I had to sit around looking for torrents and waiting for them to download. Direct downloads are so much quicker especially with only a few select members getting the privilege.

CookiesMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I always search for roms to download and everytime the search result come out, I always saw GBAtemp in it... At 1st I come here to check about it and saw the super duper ultimate UGLY logo zz... Then at first in my mind I think: "EW, this logo...wth... this forum sure is a bloody sucks one... I think itz someone anyhow created it for fun..." And after a few months I come back to check this site again. This time I don't care about the logo, just the contents and find itz nice. Go a lot of nice feedback so I decided to join :]

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I joined because I had gotten a Game n Watch and wanted it to play roms and a link I found led to here. So I just looked over the site as a guest for a few years and during that huge mess in September, I ended up making an account to bitch about a patch not being released.

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Fishaman P said:
I joined because i needed help with a lot of stuff, and this was the site I always ended up on

Yeah, I googled a lot when I got a problem with my son's flash cart (before I joined GBATemp) and 2 of the first page's results were GBATemp.net ... Registered myself and WOW, benefit myself well.
yaynds.gif

EDIT: THANKS GBATemp
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and with yourself :creep:
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    As a reminder crack pipes left in the lobby will be thrown away, the DMV is not responsible for lost crack pipes!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get crackin'
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Yeah this Eero router is way better than the one my ISP gave me, still might need to buy one but until then this one is better lol
    The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol
    What's weird is that they both have about the same speed in bandwidth but the Comcast one feels laggy like click something and it takes a second to load, the Eero one is just instant lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: What's weird is that they both have about the same speed in bandwidth but the Comcast one feels...