How/Why You Joined GBAtemp?

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Just discovering GBA emulation in 2003 I was looking for an outlet to let me know which games are out/coming out and found this little forum with about 9000 members and since then I have settled on a nice corner room in the Hotel.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I joined because I needed to make a decision on which DS flashcard I wanted to buy in replacement to my M3 DS Simply. Since that team died, I was looking for long retention in a firmware. I had to keep up with the news and such. So from a spectator's view, it seemed that the Acekard with AKAIO's support, seemed to be the best choice back then and is still highly ranked now. So after smirking around the forums I found the Acekard section and thought, "I'm going to need this someday" so I created an account and here I am. I read all the guides that were there, read the interesting posts so if I ever ran into a problem I'd know how to fix it. Eventually I found myself helping others instead of asking questions
yaynds.gif

Rhubarb on Fire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was doing research on the 3DS, this site always seemed to pop up. It's up to date on most information and has lots of good opinions, so I hung around for a while. After a couple days I figured, sure, why not make an account? ^^

mAlvarado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
just to say Thanks for WoodR4
yaynds.gif
laugh.gif

sometimes when I was searching for homebrew gbatemp was on the first google results, then the url did came to my mind when I needed something related with homebrew or just to see the new nds releases XD

As time passes by, woodR4 appeared and then I joined
laugh.gif

BTW: great site to get, game news, translations, or help of anything

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Very good question. I can't remember :/ Certainly to have some informations about flashcards and/or Wii softmodding...

Logan 5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used to come here for GBA flash cart info, then I came back when I got a DS, then again when I got a DS lite. I came this time for info on the 3DS, joined to comment on a poll, and stayed pretty much for the world cup thread. This forum is mostly populated by idiots but you can find an exceptionally intelligent informative post here and there. I think i'll stay this time. My favorite forums are the General Off-Topic, Books, Movies, Music, and Television, and Other Consoles and Oldies, although I feel that the latter two are under used.

To clarify I thought it was just great to chat about the world cup with people from other countries, it was a cool experience.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
One day I got pissed of at windows I googled "why is windows so shit" that cheered my up a bit.
I then googled "alternatives to windows -mac",
Linux popped up
biggrin.gif

However I was a noob with computers at the time so I used x86 emulation.
I then noticed emulators for game consoles,
a long time after using game console emulators for old game consoles I never owned,
I looked up modern game console emulators after a while of that,
I googled "how to play roms on real hardware",
flashcards popped up,
and here I am.

B

ball2012003

I remember I searched for a dstt review on YouTube and the guy in the review said he won it from gbatemp and I joined thinking I could win a flashcart

rancor01

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.sk8tokyo.com
XP
Country
The DS lite had just come out, and I was itching to get one and a flashcart. Back then, only slot 2 carts were available and I had NO idea how to get them to work, or how to hack my DS lite. I did a search to find which one would suit my needs best and got the supercard lite and the superkey slot 1 passcard (haha! remember those?). I pored over the reviews on this site for HOURS trying to decide which was best. It was really entertaining, so I bookmarked this site and stuck around. Finally registered to participate in the forums just a few months ago though..

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I really forgot why and how I joined... I joined back in 06 but was never active until late 09. I think I joined because I was searching for Roms and that time, I was still a noob at things lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    This was one of the craziest movies I've seen about our food industry, lots of stuff I didn't know. A must see. https://youtu.be/OqzjC-ENrl8?si=GYxmdY5nShzGniVi
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Oh, that dude?
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/vja8uoOy5XE?si=d2qo7jYK9TiyaOZ2 +1