MrAimenify

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
So everyone, don't PM the OP for the files anymore, and for the love of Allah, stop mentioning anything about DML until crediar releases it....if he ever does.
Offtopic: Wait, are you Muslim? Please, do not say it was a joke.

QUOTE(SanGor @ Jul 14 2011, 02:24 AM) Oh and please tell us how you got it to work!
I am interested if he really got DML running or not.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrAimenify said:
DeadlyFoez said:
So everyone, don't PM the OP for the files anymore, and for the love of Allah, stop mentioning anything about DML until crediar releases it....if he ever does.
Allah is another name for God and an alternative, as it is a different name for the same deity.

This is not the place for that, end of discussion. (Did I do a good Costello impression?)

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you made this completely worthless topic in regards to my PM's, you obviously have some sort of mental issues you should see a doctor about. It was a discussion about your "morals" and "respect" that didn't even make sense to begin with & it certainly wasn't "about 10" messages. Not to mention I already had the file and never asked you for it. If it was someone else, then my apologies. Regardless of who it was/was not referring to, it's still a useless topic.

shortz1994

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
shortz1994 said:
yea i know it's ....r it's not 154r, next your going to say i'm lying about discex having the fix for turning gamecube games into sneek/uneek format, why ealse would he be trying, to make wbfs work with uneek. i'm trying to respect crediar.. if it wasn't real then why the fast cover up with the app.and if it was fake. then you would have been the first one to say some thing. an the post would be up still. cause i can count the post that are from trolls that are still here. i mean if you want i could say how i got it to work.. if thats what you want.. then it WOULD be out.. then what. i'm sure some one could pick the pieces up. HMMM.. should i
unsure.gif
no cause then that would be screwed up an disrespectful.. not to you. but to crediar.

(your english is a bit confusing so not sure if I undetood everything correctly)

DiscEX supports GC images since 0.6 which was released last year, so no I'm not going to say you're lying about having a DiscEX version that can install GC games.
And crediar is not trying to make WBFS work with UNEEK (he once tweeted that he will NEVER work on WBFS/NTFS support).

Oh and please tell us how you got it to work!
http://gbatemp.net/t295112-uneek-cdi-module-pb-1
from the mouth of many.. even some on this post. so who's the one trying to keep their head out of the sand, an i'm a troll who needs or looking for attention?
come try my life, i have all the attention i need with 7 kids.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
SanGor said:
WiiBricker said:
He also said that it would be too much work and yet I don't think it takes more work than NMM and DML. Just sayin.

maybe, but you forgot one thing! crediar isn't doing this for others but only for the challenge of it (see readme.txt of NMM v0.2).
And for him WBFS/NTFS doesn't seem to matter and if you now wage that in, it is too much work
smile.gif

Hm.. looking at this point of view, you're probably right. Doing something easy that I don't like or don't have any interest in it is often more work than doing something hard, that I like or do have interest in it.

MrAimenify

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
machomuu said:
MrAimenify said:
DeadlyFoez said:
Allah is another name for God and an alternative, as it is a different name for the same deity.

This is not the place for that, end of discussion. (Did I do a good Costello impression?)

Offtopic: I know that Allah means God, I happen to be Muslim. I just mean that it is not often that an american (or any other nation) christian says Allah.

End of discussion!

Let us continue with what the thread is about.

/MrAimenify.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to get beer, then possibly play some GC games on Dolphin. I really don't see what the big deal is about the entire leak. Do I have the file? Yes. Do I have it working? No. Do I NEED it working? No, but it's always been great fun messing around with homebrew. There's Dolphin, backups from disc, and Swiss all available to play GC games so in all honesty I don't care at all. I'd just like to know how to get it working so I can mess around with it for the night then go back to whatever else I have to do.

shortz1994

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Shortz, can you please request a title change?
change it to what ever you like don't care at this point. all i know is some how i got some thing to work, buggie as hell. but i do know what i have an what it is..
i hate being called a liar, i raise my kids better then that. an thats the only reason i got into modding, was for them. i would rather bust the sh## i buy, an not them. so i'll take the risk.
so change it to what ever.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
MrAimenify said:
machomuu said:
MrAimenify said:
DeadlyFoez said:

Offtopic: I know that Allah means God, I happen to be Muslim. I just mean that it is not often that an american (or any other nation) christian says Allah.
Who says I'm christian? I actually don't believe in a god at all. Religion is a joke to me. I just chose to say allah just to sound different.

Well, at least my comment help side step people from talking about DML. Seriously, this thread needs to be closed. It's just creating controversy.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I've actually gotten it to work too, its not that hard >.>
As the leaker said in the other thread about compatibility
"A few games that are working well:
Mario Kart:DD
Super Mario Sunshine
Zelda Wind Waker
Zelda Four Swords
Waverace Bluestorm
and many more!"

Hes right at least for Mario Kart, it actually works well.
And Crediar said not too long ago:
"and btw the leaked dml version has some kind of timebomb and will just stop working after a certain "event". haw haw @ leaker!"
I'm pretty sure this can be avoided by:
Not updating Sneek
Keeping the clock set back on your Wii
If it still fails to work oh well, props to Crediar anyways.
Smart man, hands down to you sir.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since the other thread was closed, this is the next best place to ask....and it is a pure question asked with an intention to understand...so please keep that in mind if answering...

Concerning this DML leak... I understand it is a betrayal on the behalf of the beta tester to leak the software publicly; I am assuming they agreed to keep the software private as a condition of the beta test. What I don't understand is why it is taboo for others to try the software once it is out there. It is understood that it is leaked, and not a finished product. The coder and his effort is not appreciated any less. I don't understand the continued offense that is taken beyond the initial leak. This is furthered by all the stepping around egg-shells that I've seen over this matter, where links and discussion over the leaked software is mum'd.

I no longer play GC games, but from what I understand, DML is in high praise/demand, and as such people are eager to try it out. Where is the offense in letting them have it? why not make it a public beta? I don't understand how the coder would get angry over people wanting to try the leaked software. Further, I don't understand the stance of ending development over it. If the coder really wanted to develop the software, they'll develop it...but all this taken offense it too much for me to understand... What is the reasoning behind this???

On an aside note...is DML meant to be paid for? If so...well then I do understand...

-[]D

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
PPSainity said:
Since the other thread was closed, this is the next best place to ask....and it is a pure question asked with an intention to understand...so please keep that in mind if answering...

Concerning this DML leak... I understand it is a betrayal on the behalf of the beta tester to leak the software publicly; I am assuming they agreed to keep the software private as a condition of the beta test. What I don't understand is why it is taboo for others to try the software once it is out there. It is understood that it is leaked, and not a finished product. The coder and his effort is not appreciated any less. I don't understand the continued offense that is taken beyond the initial leak. This is furthered by all the stepping around egg-shells that I've seen over this matter, where links and discussion over the leaked software is mum'd.

I no longer play GC games, but from what I understand, DML is in high praise/demand, and as such people are eager to try it out. Where is the offense in letting them have it? why not make it a public beta? I don't understand how the coder would get angry over people wanting to try the leaked software. Further, I don't understand the stance of ending development over it. If the coder really wanted to develop the software, they'll develop it...but all this taken offense it too much for me to understand... What is the reasoning behind this???

On an aside note...is DML meant to be paid for? If so...well then I do understand...

-[]D

It's called respect and copyright. Leaking the file both is respectless and violates the copyright of both, crediar and Nintendo as the leaked file is a copyrighted Nintendo file with crediars code patched in it (and therefore cannot be distributed here anyway).

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiBricker said:
It's called respect and copyright. Leaking the file both is respectless and violates the copyright of both, crediar and Nintendo as the leaked file is a copyrighted Nintendo file with crediars code patched in it (and therefore cannot be distributed here anyway).
Ahh, the copyrighted code issue does make sense. Linking to such code would be a definite no, no. I still think that beyond the offense of the initial leak...taking the position "I'm taking my ball and going home" as a result is over-reacting.

I understand, that the coder deserves to be respected for their efforts, and the act of leaking the beta is a downright disrespectful act. But isn't ending development over one person's action, and causing others to suffer as a result also disrespectful as well? Further, why not nip this whole leaking issue in the bud, and make it a public beta? Why is the software so tightly controlled? There are means to distribute software that relies on copyrighted code by making the end-user introduce the needed code, ie cIOS installers. The software is meant for public consumption in the end is it not?

-[]D

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SanGor said:
And where exactly did crediar say that he stopped working on it?
I never read a post where he has said such himself. I have read several others, including some here on GBATemp warn others, citing this as a possible reaction.

EDIT: Crediar has mentioned that the beta is cancelled, but this doesn't necessarily mean that development is cancelled. The exact message is unclear as far as the issue of continued development is concerned...

-[]D

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
PPSainity said:
I understand, that the coder deserves to be respected for their efforts, and the act of leaking the beta is a downright disrespectful act. But isn't ending development over one person's action, and causing others to suffer as a result also disrespectful as well? Further, why not nip this whole leaking issue in the bud, and make it a public beta? Why is the software so tightly controlled? There are means to distribute software that relies on copyrighted code by making the end-user introduce the needed code, ie cIOS installers. The software is meant for public consumption in the end is it not?

crediar didn't say that he is going to abandone development, but cancel the closed beta. See this twitter message.

As for why he didn't release an open beta, I think it's quite obvious. Closed betas make sense for early unstable builds with possibly lots of bugs. If those builds get public, people will upload them elsewhere and people will bitch about crashes, bugs, failures etc. and blame the coder for releasing crappy code. This blog entry is kind of related. A closed beta enables a coder to keep things organized as the amount of people that got test builds is limited and he is in touch with them via IRC etc. When most bugs have been sorted out and code becomes more stable, then a public beta would make sense, especially for things like game compatibilities.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro