Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekomaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Of course it's good news for the scene (and a chance to dig much deeper in the kernel) but my guess is that the exploit was revealed precisely because it has been patched with 3.0.1... So this bridge is kinda burnt (will be fully burnt when Ninty locks 3.0.0 out of Internet like the 2.x). Unless someone finds out a method to spoof newer firmware without instigating a fuse panic.

I don't expect anything like Henkaku then. Cart dumpers, emulators, theme managers, FPS ports at best. I agree with the people who compared it to the early PS4 jailbreak. I may be wrong but I'm not hyped yet :-)

thla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Of course it's good news for the scene (and a chance to dig much deeper in the kernel) but my guess is that the exploit was revealed precisely because it has been patched with 3.0.1... So this bridge is kinda burnt (will be fully burnt when Ninty locks 3.0.0 out of Internet like the 2.x). Unless someone finds out a method to spoof newer firmware without instigating a fuse panic.

I don't expect anything like Henkaku then. Cart dumpers, emulators, theme managers, FPS ports at best. I agree with the people who compared it to the early PS4 jailbreak. I may be wrong but I'm not hyped yet :-)

Huh? That's the exact stated reason as to why it was revealed?

D

Deleted User

We would only get that if the pegaswitch exploit involved smhax. Else they would probably keep that entry private still.

but is Pegaswitch and Smhax not from the same person this is the reason i am asking

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if they came so far .. there will be a firmware spoofer sooner or later

D

Deleted User

People always Doubt i will tell you the truth if they release this exploit to the public you will see what will happen in a short time....

this 3.0 exploit what nobody seems to understand is an complete open door ... why do you think that BBB could rip Zelda over the Software.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
People doubted that we have something useable for the Switch before the end of 2018. Let's wait and see!
I'm never saying "never" there's always a small possibility!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it was a joke, but to be honest... :creep:
I know it was I was just playing along with you :)

Reactions: BlastedGuy9905

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
you do mind, dont lie
Ah yes, you caught me. I lied to a bunch of strangers online in order to sound cool.

In all seriousness, I updated my 3ds back when everyone was saying to stay on 4.5 to use the very limited Gateway features. I was fine then, and I'll be fine now.

Reactions: digipimp75
S

Saiyan Lusitano

It's a shame that I updated my Switch but the way things are going I'm losing interest anyway so I'll just use it to play the games I've got pre-ordered anyhow.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Go

Good for you man. I like how people tend to down play smhax because they updated
Not really. I was never interested in hacking my Switch but if I was still on 3.0 I would've stayed.

I've not used such a feature in years.

nickerous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive got a 3.0 switch. May wait for a themed switch release. Figure a zelda edition may be out for black friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Kinda makes since tho if Steve miller starting a new tour, a good way to publicize it