Hykem got raided

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not in some countries but every country in Europe. It's an European law that if you can't afford one you can get one for free. Sony and other big companies usually don't bother trying to sue someone here in Europe since laws here are totally different and big companies usually lose here. LOL i remember Sony going to court trying to change the warranty here in Europe from 2 years to 1 year instead and they lost miserably !
That law only applies to criminal court though. If this is really about a softmod, it would be a civil matter.

fraret

A puffin
Trophies
Website
localhost
XP
Country
On that point, people think hykem hasn't done anything but destruction of evidence is a crime in a lot of places.
I'm not a lawyer, but I think it is only if it is evidence not involving you. There's also that of "you can't declare against yourself", which is the reason judges can ask you for your passwords, but you don't have to tell them. Also, how do you prove someone has destroyed evidence, if evidence is completely destroyed?

DarkJediRey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I heard (don't fully count me in on this one tho) he got raided BECAUSE his info was posted online and apparently someone was mad enough at him to call the FBI or something...

As I said, THIS IS NOT A MYSELF CONFIRMED INFORMATION HERE RIGHT NOW, only something I heard a few times now!
if he did get "swatted," the individual making a false claim could face some serious prison time. but it seems strange he would have been given advance notice.
hopefully it's not all that serious, but if he needs legal help in the near future, maybe getting in touch with the EFF would help. people could also set up a fund if needed. i would donate based on the fact he never really released anything, never agreed to any nintendo terms of usage because the console was donated

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...9 pages worth of text, but when you boil it all down, very little is actually known of the situation. :unsure:

From what I gather, Hykem got a call from a detective to confirm his address. This caused him to destroy his data. The next day he gets raided, but not arrested. He calls Crediar to tell all this. As such, we know of this.

...and that's pretty much it. Of course, with this being gbatemp, speculation rates are over 9000. I can throw in my own 2 cents, but I don't see how that helps. I can but hope things turn out okay.

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
From what I gather, Hykem got a call from a detective to confirm his address.
Why the fuck would a fucking detective first call him, I'd be the fuck gone from my home by the next day for a year straight if this happens to me.
This was either the raider asking if this was the right address or something...

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope we was able to create a random cloud account and saved all of his work on it... or there will never be a kernel exploit :(

Reactions: canariobr

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Why the fuck would a fucking detective first call him, I'd be the fuck gone from my home by the next day for a year straight if this happens to me.
This was either the raider asking if this was the right address or something...
When there is a complain filed against you the police will call you to come to the nearest police station to give a statement or if you are unable to do so they will visit you to get the statement.
But they dont raid you for a complain except if its for a criminal case, and in that case they certainly dont call you. Also they need a court order and if they have enough cause to confiscate property then they will also arrest you and file charges.
I wonder if Hykem got the call panicked deleted everything, police came took the statement and left, and instead of telling everyone he deleted everything for no reason and face the shitstorm he made up the raid staff.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
D

Deleted User

I hope we was able to create a random cloud account and saved all of his work on it... or there will never be a kernel exploit :(
erm, did you mean IOSU exploit?

IOSU and kernel are two different things. There are already several 5.5 kernel exploits that've been developed by several other users, and are waiting to be released very soon, I hope...

Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish those who raided hykem house,and took all his stuff, WD release the details of the vermin who grassed him up. Anonymously of course. Just slip it into one of the multitude of sites. Who WD know what to with that information.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь