Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope 5.4 is the priority behind 5.5. I gave up on waiting for a 5.4 kernel exploit so this is probably as good as it'll get.
In fact the kernel exploit for 5.4.0 is already public (the same one that is used on 5.3.2 isn't patched on 5.4.0) the only thing you needed to trigger it was the browser exploit.

Sorry for being "that guy", but would it be alright to update my 5.4.0 to 5.5.0 or do you guys recommend I keep 5.4.0 for kernel/other reasons?
Stay in earlier firmware is always wiser, yes 5.5.0 might be favorable someday but at least then you'd still have the possibility to update to it using a game disk. But going back is impossible.

Reactions: Deleted User

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In fact the kernel exploit for 5.4.0 is already public (the same one that is used on 5.3.2 isn't patched on 5.4.0) the only thing you needed to trigger it was the browser exploit.

Stay in earlier firmware is always wiser, yes 5.5.0 might be favorable someday but at least then you'd still have the possibility to update to it using a game disk. But going back is impossible.
So the average person who knows what their doing can do it? Or does it need to be ported?

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Impressive. That would be awesome.

But let's not put him under pressure. Take your time Hykem.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great news!
My Wii U is definitively ready (still on 5.3.2 though).
I hope he meant Christmas 2015 when he said a Christmas surprise.

D

Deleted User

This is promising. Just for the record, I've hidden away my Wii U for the time being until it's released and I can play backups. ;)

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just for curiosity but does Wii U have multiple IOSU slots like wii or it operates completely different?

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just curious but would an iosu exploit allow us to install custom channels? Like a homebrew channel? Or even just a loadiine channel? Right now as is it playing backups is "slightly" convoluted so if this exploit opens up emunand with channel installation then I will be purchasing a wii u ASAP

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, does turning off standby functions disable auto-updates?
You can't disable auto-updates, something I learned after a long while of wondering the same thing myself :P
But standby is definitely dangerous as it can download the updates while in standby mode. You can turn it off, but auto updates will still occur while the system is on and it can't be avoided unless you use Tubehax DNS which blocks it from ever downloading. Tubehax DNS works 100%, at least for me and a ton of others!
Basically disabling Standby function would disable auto updates while the system is off. But while the system is on, Tubehax DNS is the only way to avoid auto updates. So then you'll be safe no matter what.
I personally MAC filter my Wii U after I enter the kernal exploit, just for a peace of mind while playing games.

@SonyUSA New details from Hykem:
Post 1
Post 2
post 3

Last edited by MattKimura,

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm just curious but would an iosu exploit allow us to install custom channels? Like a homebrew channel? Or even just a loadiine channel? Right now as is it playing backups is "slightly" convoluted so if this exploit opens up emunand with channel installation then I will be purchasing a wii u ASAP

Dimok is preparing Loadiin to be a "homebrew channel" for us in the future, I think it could be possible with the iosu exploit to install such channel, however I'm not sure if it can be permanent, I think you'll always need to launch the exploit like in 3Ds each time you turn off the Wii U.

Reactions: 4gionz

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dimok is preparing Loadiin to be a "homebrew channel" for us in the future, I think it could be possible with the iosu exploit to install such channel, however I'm not sure if it can be permanent, I think you'll always need to launch the exploit like in 3Ds each time you turn off the Wii U.
Menuhax Wii U version FTW!
J/K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.