Hardware I am at the Wii U Experience today in NYC!

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah got there a little early and ended up waiting in line with the crowd that goes in from 3:00pm to 5:00pm. I don't go in until 5:00pm to 7:00pm but I did get about 16 StreetPass Tags while there.

I am at Nintendo World Store for now walked here with a friend to cool off while we wait. We are going to walk back to the event at 4:15pm and get in line.

I will have video and pictures later to post here tonight when I get home, or early tomorrow morning depends how tired I am.

The Line
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/xxteargodxx/5c426015.jpg

Refreshments from Nintendo Staff.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/xxteargodxx/ac574b8b.jpg

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I got there and they signed us in checking our names on a sign in sheet and checking our ID's as well. While signing in they gave us our passes and told us if we wanted when we take pictures using these passes at interactive stations they could be instantly uploaded to facebook all we had to do was sign in once at the desk before we got into the venue and we were set so I did that.

I didn't get to play all the games they had there because some of the lines for each game was very long and lots of people were having 10+ minute play sessions.

I didn't get a chance to play Ninja Gaiden or Pikmin, lines were too long :(. It just felt like everything was going by so fast. I did get a chance to play some Wario Game but I don't remember much of it as it was the first thing I did and I only played it for five minutes because it bored me so I can't really comment on that.

Nintendo Land:

I got to play this twice, the first time I tried it I played some Luigis Mansion type of mini game I forgot what it's called. It was a 5 player game, 4 of the players were humans (The 4 of us were using Wii Remotes, the ghost player used the Gamepad) and there was 1 player playing as a ghost.

The ghost was invisible and would roam around a big room separated into 4 mini rooms in each corner, he was trying to kill us. Now us 4 players were armed with flashlights and as we walked around the rooms to find the ghost our Wii Remotes would vibrate from very lightly to very fast. The faster the vibration means the more the ghost is nearby you.

We had to bring the ghosts health bar down to 0 to win. And if one of us players died we could revive each other. Also you cant just walk around leaving your flashlight on all the time to hunt the ghost cause eventually you would run out of battery and would have to find a battery on the floor for more juice.

Nintendo Land 2:

The second game I got to play on Nintendo Land was the Ninja Star mini game, again I don't know the right name for it. Basically I would hold the Gamepad vertically at the screen and flick some ninja stars to calibrate and then the game begins.

First round was easy I would just swipe stars and get kills fast but I think its better to slow down and take your time I assume because my accuracy was 55% only. The second stage is a bit more challenging than the first but not by much, the enemies now fight back and throw their own ninja stars and sometimes bombs at you.

You can swipe a star at their ninja star and deflect it if your fast enough, same with the bombs. The boss was easy not too hard, he took a few charges at the screen and shot some stars at me I think.

I do feel the movement of the cursor on the Gamepad could have been a bit quicker it felt like it dragged a little bit when I went to take aim and fire real fast. Nice thing Bout the controller is there is a slant of some sort on the back you can get a nice grip on to hold it vertically feels very nice.

Zombie U:

Graphics on this game are NICE! Gameplay is very fun and kick ass, as you kill zombies you can loot them after you kill them. I forgot what items they had but when you pressed X to loot them you would have to look down on the Gamepad and choose the loot you want to take, there is a take all button if you want everything and when your done you simply swipe upward on the Gamepad to close your inventory and it goes right back to gameplay.

Controls on the Gamepad felt nice everything you'd expect using the trigger buttons to aim & shoot. I will admit it felt a bit awkward having the face buttons under the analog, it kind of felt like they were a tiny bit out of my reach and I either had to stretch my thumb to get them or glance down real quick to find the button.

But of course I guess if you play it a while and give yourself a chance to get used to it, then it may not be so bad.

New Super Mario Bros U:

I played this game using the Wii Remote someone else was using the Gamepad as he played with me. As I played through the stage he would help me out by setting up various blocks for me to jump onto. For example if there was a jump I couldn't do by myself he'd place a block there I'd make he jump within a certain amount of time and the block would disappear in a certain amount of time.

Balloon Yoshi is FUN! Oh my god haha it was hilarious to watch him blow up so big and glide me in the air for coins & such.

Rayman Legends:

They had the game set up for co-op 2 players. One would use the Gamepad and the other used the Controller Pro. Now the person using the Controller Pro, would be moving Rayman throughout the stage.

And I think the person using the Gamepad would have their own screen set up to help me out throughout the course. For example giving me good spots on when to jump over certain obstacles and so on.

Reactions: 1 person

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
you seem to have fun there, you are very lucky, there should have been time limites for everyone who played on the wii u so that everyone could have a turn as it seems unfair that everyone cannot play all the games, i hate that.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='xxteargodxx']: Cool recap of the day. I'd have liked to hear more of your opinion and your feel of the games rather than descriptions of the games themselves, as the facts are already pretty well documented with pictures and video footage etc, but it was pretty interesting.

@[member='jalaneme']: There isn't enough time for everyone to play every game. There would've been time limits, but you have to let people play for enough time, you can't pick off everyone after 2 minutes so everyone gets a go of everything, and you don't even know how many people are going to be there when you decide the time limit. Even in an ideal world where everyone turned up at the start and you knew exactly how many people were there, your system would only work if each person played the same games in a specific order.

e.g. Everyone would have to go round clockwise, play for 3 minutes, move on to the next queue, because if you just arbitrarily chose which game to play you'd be playing that game in someone else's time slot and everyone wouldn't get to play the game.

You just have to pick and choose what you think's worth going on. If you go to a theme park you could go on all the big rides but your day would be over, or you could go on 5x as many small rides and not have as much thrill, or do a mixture of the two. You can't have everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong