I can't connect my WiiU to the internet/router.

Johnepehn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, I'm new to this forum but I'm hoping someone can help me. I recently got myself a WiiU, good timing I know, but I've been having internet connection problems since last night. I was able to connect to my WiFi when setting up the console, but in between, because of an IP problem on my computer, I reset the router, but the password and name are the same again. But even after re-registering, it no longer works. I can't connect the console to the router. Do I have to change something with the router or is there another solution? Even when the console was needed, the WiFi actually worked. My Nintendo ID is also linked.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, I'm new to this forum but I'm hoping someone can help me. I recently got myself a WiiU, good timing I know, but I've been having internet connection problems since last night. I was able to connect to my WiFi when setting up the console, but in between, because of an IP problem on my computer, I reset the router, but the password and name are the same again. But even after re-registering, it no longer works. I can't connect the console to the router. Do I have to change something with the router or is there another solution? Even when the console was needed, the WiFi actually worked. My Nintendo ID is also linked.
Have you placed anything on top of the WiiU for instance an HDD. Any time I do that my WiiU fails to connect to the Internet. The solution was to simply place the hdd to the side of the WiiU.

Reactions: jeannotte

Johnepehn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you placed anything on top of the WiiU for instance an HDD. Any time I do that my WiiU fails to connect to the Internet. The solution was to simply place the hdd to the side of the WiiU.

photo_2022-05-04_17-32-36.jpg

is this bad? And the cable goes to a charging cable to the controller.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 308608
is this bad? And the cable goes to a charging cable to the controller.
Well yes you probably want to lay the WiiU flat due to the fact the WiFi antenna is in the top of it and can easily fail to get a signal if anything is near it.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Agree with the above, not an ideal way to place a console!!!

Haven't seen you say it so I'll ask the obvious... Have you deleted all the connections in the wii u menu and then re inputed them after resetting your router? Since you only got the console, is a factory reset an option?

Reactions: jeannotte

Johnepehn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I repositioned my console and now the top is open towards the router. And because of the connections, since I still had problems with connections, even after deleting all already known connections, I just reset the console. Now the internet seems to be going and I will also install Homebrew the days. Brain Age has already been installed and played out of boredom XD

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.