I F**** LOVE HALO 3!!!!!!!!!!&

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
here's a list of some of the games that have been released and are coming out for 360.you should find at least a few you like.
some of them will come out on PC but you'll save a heap of money buying a 360 compared to upgrading your pc every 6/12 months.

Once you get a 8800GTS, you probably wont have to upgrade your PC until next gen systems are out. a 8800 beats the 360's GPU already.

And its not "some of them" over 70% of that list is already out/will be out on PC.
So true, most of those games are multiplatform anyway.

btw did you guys hear about that halo car that got red ring of death? :A

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The only Halo I've played was the first one on my PC and I got really disappointed. I don't know about Halo 2 and 3.. but Halo is a very generic fps with a so-so story and enemies.. there's nothing new or special about that game.. games like H-L 2, Medal of Honnor and Doom3 are a lot more innovative and fun.

At all.. Halo is not a bad game, I've had some fun playing it.. but it's A LOT overrated..

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It would be funny if you were playing halo 3 and you got the Red Ring Of Death.

Ah! xbox 360, cant cope...poor thing.

It'd be funny if you were playing your ds and the hinge cracked and a piece of plastic went straight through your eye and into your brain.

I joke, I joke
happy.gif

whatever you guys say doesn't change the fact that the 360 is an awesome console with awesome games. jealous perhaps? the wii certainly has many good games.

Jasafar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually Halo 3 received fantastic reviews coming out of Japan, and that's from a country that hates first-person shooters. I pick up my copy tomorrow at Kmart at 8am. Took off of work a day to play!
wink.gif

Wii_DS.

ウォリアー
Banned
Trophies
Website
fcrc.weebly.com
XP
Country

It'd be funny if you were playing your ds and the hinge cracked and a piece of plastic went straight through your eye and into your brain.

I joke, I joke
happy.gif

whatever you guys say doesn't change the fact that the 360 is an awesome console with awesome games. jealous perhaps? the wii certainly has many good games.

That would be pretty funny. But i have protection, i wear glasses so it wouldn't reach my eye
tongue.gif

oh btw i'm not jealous, i could easily get a Xbox 360 but i don't want to since they always get
the Red Ring Of Death..which is just stupid...maybe later in life when Microsoft acknowledges
what is wrong with the dam console and fixes it.

/rant

rlod_03.jpg

Peace out
tongue.gif

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I joke, I joke
happy.gif

That would be pretty funny. But i have protection, i wear glasses so it wouldn't reach my eye
tongue.gif

oh btw i'm not jealous, i could easily get a Xbox 360 but i don't want to since they always get
the Red Ring Of Death..which is just stupid...maybe later in life when Microsoft acknowledges
what is wrong with the dam console and fixes it.

/rant

Peace out
tongue.gif

it's fixed, so they say. they've admitted the problem and have given every xbox360 a 3 year warranty.

I'm still waiting for the new xbox360 chipset so I can be assured the red ring of death is fixed forever. it is a horrible problem although I think microsoft have kind of made up for it with the 3 year warranty.

just so everyone knows linkiboys stats were wrong(nothing against linki, he's a strapping young lad). more than 70% of those games won't come out on pc. Yeah it's true many are multiplatform but you'd have to buy a top of the line computer and a ps3 ($3000+ vs $300) to be able to play them and you'd still be missing out on quite a few awesome exclusives.

all consoles have their faults and strengths, I still like my DS the best
wub.gif

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Halo failed in Japan. 'Nuff said.

Just thought this story was funny after I had read this dudes post
happy.gif

Japanese Gamers Really Care About Halo 3

We don't expect the lines in Akihabara or Den Den Town to reach the impressive levels of home, but don't think that Tokyo Game Show attendees are turning up their noses at Halo 3, just because it's on the Xbox Somethingorother. They waited, for hours—okay an hour at least—to get their hands on the game just a few days early. That 60 minute wait sign was quickly updated to 90 minutes after everyone in Microsoft's booth grew tired of playing Zoids Alternative and Dynasty Warriors 6. Respect, Halo 3. Much respect.

Sure, the waits for Biohazard: The Umbrella Chronicles (3.5 hours) and Devil May Cry 4 (just about all day) were a bit nuttier, but maybe the Japanese are warming up to Master Chief. We'll know at about 10 AM on September 27th if Halo 3 will be the 360's savior in Japan.

disclaimer: I'm not implying halo 3 will be the 360's savior in japan, I doubt any game apart from final fantasy could get them to start buying them up. only the so called 'hardcore' gamers in japan have 360's, not the much larger casual crowd.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
overrated? yeah, probably. I think the Wii is too.

is it a bad game? no, it's excellent...not the best but very good

edit: time for cubin' to stop defending halo3 and the xbox360, it's a full time job around these parts
wink2.gif

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Too much fanboyism from both sides. Can't compute!!
Really guys, make fools of yourselves, will you?

Really, can't you guys just play the game or NOT play the game? If this topic is about how people love Halo, then the stay the damn out if you don't like Halo. If the topic is about how people hate Halo, then the Halo-lovers just stay out.
Do you really think you can make a hater love something just by arguing with him? Or making a lover hate something with made-up facts? Get real, man.

And it IS true that the 360 is a console that is fragile like glass. But does that fact alone automatically make it a bad console? Of course not. I mean, there IS something like a warranty, unless you happen to have modded your 360, in which case you can easily fix it yourself, anyway.

It also IS true that Halo doesn't feature anything new on the FPS front, and is by itself a rather simple shooter, but does this make the game shitty? Of course not. I mean, gamers who scream that Halo is too simple of a shooter just shouldn't play shooters at all. What do you expect from a shooter? Guns that talk?

Really now, damn fanboys, just play the consoles you like and leave the other's alone

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a really good game but its ratings are way too high. I'd give it 8/10, but then I've not been online but still its single player mode is its main event.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its a really good game but its ratings are way too high. I'd give it 8/10, but then I've not been online but still its single player mode is its main event.

I'd say the multiplayer is just as big a main event. Forge is an awesome feature for a console game and should keep the gameplay fresh for years. Instant replay and the fact it records everything you do is again, another cool addition to a console game. These things aren't new but the way they're implemented into the whole package is done very nicely.

If you haven't tried co-op yet it's worth giving a go, so much fun
shy.gif

But yeah I agree with you hadrian, a sequel that hasn't brought much new stuff to the table should not be getting perfect scores.

ca82686

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cubin - "last reply from me in this thread I have work to do and I'm stupid"

so much for your last post back there, your fanboyness disturbs me. The last part was right.

I'm getting ninjabread man instead of halo 3 tomorrow.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I predict by the end of this week there will be at least a couple thousand more 360's sold, a couple thousand new Live Gold accounts opened and a couple million hours of Halo 3 played online. This is why they can't use dedicated servers. It would take nothing short of about a hundred Cray supercomputers tied together to handle all that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Psionic Roshambo only if you're electroboom