i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even many dbz fans don't like super. So no idea why you would ask
I was just wondering because he said he likes Z. I am not a big anime fan (have only watched 5 or 6 of them) and I love Super.

Also, he said GT is better - which is by far the minority imo.

Last edited by x65943,
Reactions: WeedZ

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
nope. I can't explain it, but it's far more cringeworthy than Dragonball Z. Maybe it's for the reasons I've listed in previous posts, but it's too anime in comparison to DBZ, for me. Also, plot holes and the whole show just sucks in comparison to GT or Z.
Well, they turned vegeta into a pussy for one

Reactions: Deleted User

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nope. I can't explain it, but it's far more cringeworthy than Dragonball Z. Maybe it's for the reasons I've listed in previous posts, but it's too anime in comparison to DBZ, for me. Also, plot holes and the whole show just sucks in comparison to GT or Z.
Seen my recommendation for a light novel?

D

Deleted User

Psycho-pass and Phantom are super moe

Rofl.

Like literally everything, anime has genres. A lot of crap gets frontloaded by weebs but there's plenty of variety in anime.

I used to hate anime. I thought it was all shallow crap, and then I actually tried watching different things and realized it wasn't all garbage like Death Note and Pokemon.
Quoted the wrong post from me.

Alright, let's try something. What's your favorite animes. What animes would you consider super good. Maybe you have a "MAL" account
I'm not a huge fan of anime either. The only one I've liked is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I'd definitely recommend watching that.
Yeah JJBA was good.

Oh look it's dating anime #68485747

Nothing new

Mecha animes are pretty cool though.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even many dbz fans don't like super. So no idea why you would ask
GT is better.

Here are some reasons:
-Characters' personalities remain consistant - Videl still has that edge, whereas they're just like, "Fuck it" in Super.
-Plot holes are ALL OVER THE PLACE in Super
-Super is monotonous and repetitive
-GT has actual amazing story arc (Baby saga was off the hooooook! Shadow Dragon was really cool, too!) - Super just reuses concepts (Frieza [the reason for transforming was SO stupid btw, and illogical. And making him more powerful than fucking even Cell? BS], Goku Black/Turles, Future Trunks... again..., etc.) - they keep trying to do "fan service things" in super which just fuck the show up even more. Showing Trunks again just makes the original Trunks arc less special.
-They try to put comical things in Super (Vegeta with a pacifier in his mouth... that's not funny or silly. That's just stupid and too anime of a joke for me...

Oh, also...
299240-17801-goku.jpg

instantly better than this:
7e89291e8427e67bc53abf8d74dee22be5f86bb8_hq.jpg

Back on topic though.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quoted the wrong post from me.

Alright, let's try something. What's your favorite animes. What animes would you consider super good. Maybe you have a "MAL" account

Yeah JJBA was good.

Oh look it's dating anime #68485747

Nothing new

Mecha animes are pretty cool though.
Dating anime and Kimi ni no wa? Clearly you didn't watch it and didn't even bother reading the summary.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
GT is better.

Here are some reasons:
-Characters' personalities remain consistant - Videl still has that edge, whereas they're just like, "Fuck it" in Super.
-GT has actual amazing story arc (Baby saga was off the hooooook! Shadow Dragon was really cool, too!) - Super just reuses concepts (Frieza [the reason for transforming was SO stupid btw, and illogical. And making him more powerful than fucking even Cell? BS], Goku Black/Turles, Future Trunks... again..., etc.) - they keep trying to do "fan service things" in super which just fuck the show up even more. Showing Trunks again just makes the original Trunks arc less special.
-They try to put comical things in Super (Vegeta with a pacifier in his mouth... that's not funny or silly. That's just stupid and too anime of a joke for me...

Oh, also...
299240-17801-goku.jpg

Back on topic though.
Wrong quote?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, they turned vegeta into a pussy for one
he was becoming more humanized which is great, concept-wise. It's not that he's turning into a pussy, my friend.

Him losing his armor over the arcs, (losing shoulder pads and belt pads in Frieza Saga, losing chest pad in Buu Saga, choosing very goku-esque or non-alien clothes in EoZ, followed by wearing a black jacket, and brown pants, and being completely humanized after that...) it shows progression of his character, which was AMAZING. And they even brought it forward into GT, where he was more human than ever, but still had his edge. He protected the Earth because he saw it as his home. He wore complete human-like clothes, which symbolized his maturation into a human.

Whereas in Super, they just, again, said "fuck it", and gave him his armor back and made him into a complete asshole again, diminishing ALL of the progress his character had made throughout Z, for absolutely no reason.

It's so stupid. There's another reason.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
he was becoming more humanized which is great, concept-wise. It's not that he's turning into a pussy, my friend.

Him losing his armor over the arcs, (losing shoulder pads and belt pads in Frieza Saga, losing chest pad in Buu Saga, choosing very goku-esque or non-alien clothes in EoZ, followed by wearing a black jacket, and brown pants, and being completely humanized after that...) it shows progression of his character, which was AMAZING. And they even brought it forward into GT, where he was more human than ever, but still had his edge. He protected the Earth because he saw it as his home. He wore complete human-like clothes, which symbolized his maturation into a human.

Whereas in Super, they just, again, said "fuck it", and gave him his armor back and made him into a complete asshole again, diminishing ALL of the progress his character had made throughout Z, for absolutely no reason.

It's so stupid. There's another reason.
The way he shows fear with beerus is so out of character, it ruins it for me. Vegeta had his heart ripped out by freeza, and after being revived still stood up to him. He blew himself up to try and kill buu, who had just fucked everyone up. Beerus shows up and he just rolls over. It was sad.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way he shows fear with beerus is so out of character, it ruins it for me. Vegeta had his heart ripped out by freeza, and after being revived still stood up to him. He blew himself up to try and kill buu, who had just fucked everyone up. Beerus shows up and he just rolls over. It was sad.
I agree. The show is just all sorts of stupid and fucked up... See, super isn't just bad, it completely ruins how we view the characters, it's just fucked up. I can't explain it. It ruined any DB for me, I think.

Now Hey Arnold... there's a good show... with no plot holes or crappy shit in it. I want to rewatch it in fact...

Last edited by Thirty3Three,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how Dragon Ball got brought up, and I'm too deeply into the franchise that I don't want to go into a debate about it right now, especially after a very nice emotional new episode that reminds of Goku and Krillin's relationship with Roshi, among original DB era things. I love Super, that's all I'll say, I would appreciate if nobody bashes me for it.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how Dragon Ball got brought up, and I'm too deeply into the franchise that I don't want to go into a debate about it right now, especially after a very nice emotional new episode that reminds of Goku and Krillin's relationship with Roshi, among original DB era things. I love Super, that's all I'll say, I would appreciate if nobody bashes me for it.
Trying... so hard... to ... respect... your wishes........

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Going back to your last post, you said they reverted him back in super. You do know super takes place between Z and gt, right?
Sure, but I'm not just talking about the transition of Z to S[tupid]. I'm talking about his character's transition THROUGHOUT Z. He became more humanized throughout Z, and then they're just like, "fuck it" in Super.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GT is better.

Here are some reasons:

Oh, also...
299240-17801-goku.jpg

Back on topic though.

Here are some reasons:
Vegeta allows Bulla to grow up as a diva and takes her shopping in GT. You are telling me his personality didn't change?
Ditto in GT. The Black Star dragon balls make no sense to begin with. Who would make dragon balls that destroy the earth if they are not collected in a year? The plot is really contrived.
GT is super repetitive. It reuses so many shots in every fight - and the fights are rarely won by strategy - it's always punching each other non-stop. None of the villains have any personality.
Baby recalls Cell heavily at the outset (created in a lab by a gero analog). And true Frieza's powerup was cheap, but Goku's powerdown via turning into a child was equally or more infuriating.

Did you finish the Black Goku arc? Because comparing it to Turles is really silly. The Black Goku arc is much much deeper.

Also - how is bringing back Trunks a rehash? It's not as if the future timeline stopped existing. I liked how they incorporated Trunks seeing Gohan living happily with his family - it deepened my emotional connection to both characters.

There was always comedy in Z and GT. Let me remind you of the episode where Goku gets his license, or in GT when Goten is constantly having zany dates with girls.

The nostalgia is making you think Super is different from Z somehow - but it has the same creator with the same basic scenarios.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Audiophiles are the usual scammers, its like promoting radioactive materials...