I hate anime - Watching Death Note [Netflix]

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Really? Like every anime has them. For example. This:

It's cringeworthy and childish. Nobody does those things in real life, weather exaggerated emotes, or otherwise. It's super childish, and cringeworthy. Ever seen a dude try that second one in real life in an attempt to be cool? I have. It makes me want to puke.
ah so its a difference in the definition of emotes we use. For me emotes are smiley and maybe assci smileys.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah so its a difference in the definition of emotes we use. For me emotes are smiley and maybe assci smileys.
Well, yeah, that's what "emotes" typically means. But I'm using the term, loosely. Just the faces and poses the characters makes is childish. I'm cringing now just thinking about them, Ugh! It's like dabbing but in cartoon form...

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah not many wouldnt do most stuff depicted in animes. But thats kinda the point in them much like in movies too. Animes/Cartoons can just go a bit more over the top due not being bound by real world physics.
Kinda like playing a high Fantasy game to do thing that you can do in real life.

(not trying to convince you to suddenly like anime, since this isnt possible in 99.9% of all cases.)

Last edited by ken28,

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess I wasn't into it that much, but it just felt like something in the background. I was watching it, but I wasn't immersed in it. Some parts had me grabbed like the beginning but I just stopped caring.

Psycho-pass and Phantom are super moe

Rofl.

Like literally everything, anime has genres. A lot of crap gets frontloaded by weebs but there's plenty of variety in anime.

I used to hate anime. I thought it was all shallow crap, and then I actually tried watching different things and realized it wasn't all garbage like Death Note and Pokemon.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Rofl.

Like literally everything, anime has genres. A lot of crap gets frontloaded by weebs but there's plenty of variety in anime.

I used to hate anime. I thought it was all shallow crap, and then I actually tried watching different things and realized it wasn't all garbage like Death Note and Pokemon.
I dunno about different "genres", m8 (anime is a genre. There are differences in each show, but no sub-genres, unless of course, you're talking about like horror anime, hentai, etc.). They may have their subtle differences, but they all have shit like this in them:

That's what I mean. That kind of gasp is a small reason I find it cringeworthy. It's horrible voice-acting, and the animation is over-exaggerated often with the gasps. It's just icky and childish.

I mean, nobody gasps like, "Guh-aaaaah!"

EDIT:

Or even here at 37 seconds in:

Oh, and when Cloud says, "Z... Zack..." or when Zack says, "For the... both of us..." It's just so obviously fake. The style anime uses to convey things... like that... just sounds fake and offputting.

Last edited by Thirty3Three,

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Rofl.

Death Note is usually considered one of the best anime series. Also up there are usually Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist.

You're being contrary so you said deathnote sucks - but it's generally considered to be very good.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dunno about different "genres", m8 (anime is a genre. There are differences in each show, but no sub-genres, unless of course, you're talking about like horror anime, hentai, etc.). They may have their subtle differences, but they all have shit like this in them:

That's what I mean. That kind of gasp is a small reason I find it cringeworthy. It's horrible voice-acting, and the animation is over-exaggerated often with the gasps. It's just icky and childish.

I mean, nobody gasps like, "Guh-aaaaah!"
Anime is a style not genre. Or do you call a movie a genre too? Or is "Game" a genre too? If you to then fine. If not then a big no.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anime is still a genre of media. Just as cartoons are a genre of media. Same shit. :)
"a category of artistic composition, as in music or literature, characterized by similarities in form, style, or subject matter."

So yes, it's a genre. A supergenre perhaps. But it encompasses many genres and subgenres; such as action, comedy, romance etc.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Death Note is usually considered one of the best anime series. Also up there are usually Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist.

You're being contrary so you said deathnote sucks - but it's generally considered to be very good.

Yes it's considered to be amazing, just like naruto, one piece and Bleach
All top tier animes, i'm sure :rolleyes:
It's garbage. Death Note really is not good. That's pretty much one of the reasons people hate anime. They get garbage suggestions like Death Note as their first anime and never look back. I know I did. Spent 6+ years hating anime after crap like DN.
It's pretty insulting to put it beside FMA, really.

Last edited by Hells Malice,
Reactions: saphiren

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
anime is still a genre of media. Just as cartoons are a genre of media. Same shit. :)
Just out of interest. Did you try to atleast watch a episode of a few Animes or did you just the Art style and decided to not even give them the benetit of doubt.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's garbage. Death Note really is not good. That's pretty much one of the reasons people hate anime. They get garbage suggestions like Death Note as their first anime and never look back. I know I did. Spend 6+ years hating anime after crap like DN.
I know it's fun to hate popular stuff and to be combative. But try me. What's bad about death note?

Reactions: Deleted User

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's garbage. Death Note really is not good. That's pretty much one of the reasons people hate anime. They get garbage suggestions like Death Note as their first anime and never look back. I know I did. Spend 6+ years hating anime after crap like DN.
Imo most main stream anime are... Well... Typical minestream not that special but bland enough to be liked by many for some reason. The true gems are besides those mainstream Animes.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"a category of artistic composition, as in music or literature, characterized by similarities in form, style, or subject matter."

So yes, it's a genre. A supergenre perhaps. But it encompasses many genres and subgenres; such as action, comedy, romance etc.
Well yeah, but see, that's the thing. You take a genre like cartoons, they're all different... as are anime... but ALL anime still has that nonsensical and cringeworthy crap in it (look at my last post with FFVII, I edited to explain further). It's not about the anime subgenres, it's about anime as a whole. It's gross.
Just out of interest. Did you try to atleast watch a episode of a few Animes or did you just the Art style and decided to not even give them the benetit of doubt.

Yep. Grew up on DBZ, watched all the episodes of Trigun, watched a shitton of others. They all have those little subtlties that I dislike. The overexaggerated expressions and horrible voice acting and gasping and shit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I know it's fun to hate popular stuff and to be combative. But try me. What's bad about death note?
The movie? Naw m8, it was decent. ;)

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Bro, this is several pages long by the time I saw it, and this may have been said before but, watch the anime. I'm not a weeby anime nerd by any means. Most anime is shit just as you described. But some are good, not because they're anime, but because the story is great. Death note is at the top if the list. Good enough to spawn 3 movies and a novel. That movie isn't going to be anywhere near the intellectual complexity of the anime. Just watch it, it's worth it.

And don't worry, it doesn't have the stereotypical kawaii bullshit or the over exaggerated responses.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yeah, but see, that's the thing. You take a genre like cartoons, they're all different... as are anime... but ALL anime still has that nonsensical and cringeworthy crap in it (look at my last post with FFVII, I edited to explain further). It's not about the anime subgenres, it's about anime as a whole. It's gross.

Yep. Grew up on DBZ, watched all the episodes of Trigun, watched a shitton of others. They all have those little subtlties that I dislike. The overexaggerated expressions and horrible voice acting and gasping and shit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The movie? Naw m8, it was decent. ;)
The movie wasn't as bad as the live action dragon ball, but it was still pretty damn cringey.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The movie wasn't as bad as the live action dragon ball, but it was still pretty damn cringey.
At least there were no over-exaggerated gasps or bubbling eyes, or horrible voice acting ;) Which, in my opinion, make it infinitely better than the anime... even though I've never seen the anime (Look to my above post before claiming "ignorance!".

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
At least there were no over-exaggerated gasps or bubbling eyes, or horrible voice acting ;) Which, in my opinion, make it infinitely better than the anime... even though I've never seen the anime (Look to my above post before claiming "ignorance!".
Death Note doesn't have any of that, I promise

Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: one of the people that appeared there was a minor when filming the cutscenes where she appears