Hacking I have Black Square on SYSnand after formating ?!

Undi

TRASH 悲しい天使
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
And the CIA you've installed is..?

Recent CIA I have installed is GBA VC Game I made recently, and they work !
Before, I don't know, I just installed DEVMENU, FBI with RxTools, and the GBA games to run in EMUnand (my EMUnand and SYSnand are unlinked)

I try do uninstall all the CIA in the SYSnand and it didn't work either, like I said, I try everything before format the 2DS.

EDIT: I wait, my old file (games, sav) is going to go to my SD card, after all is in my SD card, I check if the Black Square still here, now I can't do anything, just wait...

Thanks for your help !

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had something similar on my 3ds too, but I fixed it by deleting all .cia I manually installed. Did you try deleting all custom .cia of things like NTR, freemultipatcher & even all .cia installers too. Also did you use FBI/devmenu to unistall them on both nand & emunand? It could also be a title.db/ticket.db issue if you injected a title.db/ticket.db into any of the nand but didn't have the app installed on the targeted nand , which is why I recommended to delete all manually installed .cia's. If reflashing a clean sysnand didn't solve
it, then your problem is related to your emunand or when reversed (reflashed emunand) you sysnand. I've had those black tiles more often after using FBI to install the apps on both nand & SD. In such a case I immediately deleted & reinstalled the apps & the black icons were gone. It happened the most to me when used FBI & devmenu in emunand to install things on nand.

Another fix might be to delete the title.db + import.db & make a file called title.db/import.db in your Nintendo dbs folder & then go to datamanagement on your device to unlock sd & rebuild your database (it'll remove all installed things you had so backup your Nintendo folder 1st so you can copy everything except title.db & import.db back Hope this help you fix it.Sorry if this doesn't help I consider myself still a noob afterall. xD

Btw did it happen to you with a linked emunand?I had a linked emunand if it helps solving it.

Undi

TRASH 悲しい天使
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I had something similar on my 3ds too, but I fixed it by deleting all .cia I manually installed. Did you try deleting all custom .cia of things like NTR, freemultipatcher & even all .cia installers too. Also did you use FBI/devmenu to unistall them on both nand & emunand? It could also be a title.db/ticket.db issue if you injected a title.db/ticket.db into any of the nand but didn't have the app installed on the targeted nand , which is why I recommended to delete all manually installed .cia's. If reflashing a clean sysnand didn't solve
it, then your problem is related to your emunand or when reversed (reflashed emunand) you sysnand. I've had those black tiles more often after using FBI to install the apps on both nand & SD. In such a case I immediately deleted & reinstalled the apps & the black icons were gone. It happened the most to me when used FBI & devmenu in emunand to install things on nand.

Another fix might be to delete the title.db + import.db & make a file called title.db/import.db in your Nintendo dbs folder & then go to datamanagement on your device to unlock sd & rebuild your database (it'll remove all installed things you had so backup your Nintendo folder 1st so you can copy everything except title.db & import.db back Hope this help you fix it.Sorry if this doesn't help I consider myself still a noob afterall. xD

Btw did it happen to you with a linked emunand?I had a linked emunand if it helps solving it.

Unlinked nand.
I test that after the restore of the SD ! Thanks !

Undi

TRASH 悲しい天使
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Another fix might be to delete the title.db + import.db & make a file called title.db/import.db in your Nintendo dbs folder & then go to datamanagement on your device to unlock sd & rebuild your database (it'll remove all installed things you had so backup your Nintendo folder 1st so you can copy everything except title.db & import.db back Hope this help you fix it.

I test that because all thing didn't work.

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another fix might be to delete the title.db + import.db & make a file called title.db/import.db in your Nintendo dbs folder & then go to datamanagement on your device to unlock sd & rebuild your database (it'll remove all installed things you had so backup your Nintendo folder 1st so you can copy everything except title.db & import.db back Hope this help you fix it.

I test that because all thing didn't work.

If that doesn't work try removing (cut & paste to pc ) the folder on sd that has all your apps in it i mean the title folder in the Nintendo folder on SD/ do the exdata. to see in which 1 the app tgar causes trouble might be. You can alse try manualy cut & pasting the files in title.db to pc & see if you still see icons then.

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't delete just rename it with a "a" in front. This will create a new fresh folder. But the OP seems to have done something like that already.

Undi

TRASH 悲しい天使
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yep, i have recreated the Nintendo 3DS folder clean, and recreated clean .db, I readd all my stuff now and see if the .db can readd all the games in him.

Undi

TRASH 悲しい天使
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nothing Work, I have the Black Square Only if I launch RXTOOLS in SYSnand now.

D

Deleted User

WAW THANKS MAN YOU HELP ME SO MUCH WOW OMG

EXCUUUUUSE ME but I formated because I dont have the choice.

If you dont Want to help me, dont come here.
Dude, if you want help, and someone gives you some tips so that you don't royally fuck up, and you do that, that makes me think that if I try to help, you're going to treat me like crap.
That wasn't necessary.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried another SD card ? Maybe yours is faulty or something.

Don't copy anything from the old SD card, just insert a different clean sd card and turn on your 3ds and see if anything changed.

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have you tried another SD card ? Maybe yours is faulty or something.

Don't copy anything from the old SD card, just insert a different clean sd card and turn on your 3ds and see if anything changed.
That might be indeeed the case, since he formatted his emunand & still has the same problems.It's that or his sysnand backups might been corrupted too -.-.

Did you reflash you sysnand with te3 very 1st nand.bin you made on gateway or 1 you made later? It's really weird that your 2DS won't work. If this won't work after replacing your SD, then the problem might be hardware related. Btw how many black icons are you seeing?

Can you post a pic & also did you try booting the apps with black icons? If you try to start them up & you get error(freeze)/crash to home menu then turn off device & restart, they might be gone after that! Sorry I forgot to say that I also tried to boot those black icons too & some would crash & then disappear.

Undi

TRASH 悲しい天使
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That might be indeeed the case, since he formatted his emunand & still has the same problems.It's that or his sysnand backups might been corrupted too -.-.

Did you reflash you sysnand with te3 very 1st nand.bin you made on gateway or 1 you made later? It's really weird that your 2DS won't work. If this won't work after replacing your SD, then the problem might be hardware related. Btw how many black icons are you seeing?

Can you post a pic & also did you try booting the apps with black icons? If you try to start them up & you get error(freeze)/crash to home menu then turn off device & restart, they might be gone after that! Sorry I forgot to say that I also tried to boot those black icons too & some would crash & then disappear.

Backup nand wasn't corrupted but the black square still here.
I tried to launch the 3 square, just loop of the "Nintendo 3DS logo"

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Backup nand wasn't corrupted but the black square still here.
I tried to launch the 3 square, just loop of the "Nintendo 3DS logo"

Then it means you didn't unistall the app from the nand & it also means it's installed on your sysnand, since it boots. if it's only 1 square i think it might me or FBI or devmenu. You can try to install pastacfw & then launch devmenu on it & if it's devmenu you'll see devmenu multiple times, try to delete them all devmenu but 1st try to launch them when you're on devmenu to see which 1 it is on the list. If you see FBI or any of the other apps you might've installed delete them after trying them out in devmenu like I said. The app was installed in the backup you made too , so reflashing has no use unless you delete the app & make a new backup.

Undi

TRASH 悲しい天使
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Already try this, I delete 3 of 6 black square, expained before...
Thanks anyway, I'm going to live with this black square.

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Already try this, I delete 3 of 6 black square, expained before...
Thanks anyway, I'm going to live with this black square.

Yes I had the same I managed to delete them all, but some apps like devmenu can only be deleted when you're in devmenu in devmode on a cfw like pasta or rxtools. Since the devmenu that's on the cfw on that isn't installed on your nand, but gets launched after you but the cfw. In my case I had a hidden devmenu, that drove me nuts. xD

Maybe you can post a pic of your 2ds on devmode with devmenu launched? People might be able to help you better. You don't want to.kero the icon, since it can cause trouble uf you ever want to transfer in the future it can brick your target system.

Last edited by Angely,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Now the second