Warn-free Since 2005
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Been only using my computer now but with the football season starting up again I'd like to buy a TV for myself, if possible somewhere around $200-250 budget, Somewhere around 24", possibly 1080p would be nice.

I also don't know what Plasma and HDTV, LED and LCD TVs really differ in, since my eyesight isn't the best though I don't wear glasses.

I have no need for 3D at this time, or in the foreseeable future.

Any ideas what should I get? also is my budget too low to get anything that fits my wishlist?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I don't live in the US, so sorry can't help ya in the TV selection. BUT, I can tell you the difference between Plasma, LCD and LED.

Plasma: It has the best black levels, very good home theater image quality and a wide viewing angle. However, it has a slight potential for burn-in and a more reflective screen. It's also relatively cheap and latest models boast to last up to 100,000 hours.

LCD: Historically suffered from poor black levels, but the latest versions are much improved. LCDs cannot achieve true black as there's always some light leaking through the pixels. In this respect, color saturation is also affected as well. It also has a relatively narrower viewing angle. Despite all of this, it has no danger of burn-in and is inexpensive.

LED: Solves black level problems by using a light-emitting diode instead of using conventional cold cathode florescent lamps. LED TVs consumes the least power among all HDTVs compared to a conventional lamp-based LCD model. Other benefits include an extended panel lifespan, low heat emission and better eco-friendliness. LEDs are also known to be ultraslim with some going at 9mm. However, LED TVs are also the most expensive amongst the rest and also provide a poorer viewing angle.

Hope that helps.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frankly I would avoid buying no name brand tv's, you stick with reliable manufacturers and you dont get screwed

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
This is just a personal opinon from experience but don't choose a Sanyo TV, mine died after 9 months.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game