• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

I would love to have civilization to do more with less land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
I hope that people could experience a greater enjoyment of their livelihoods with increased and cheaper access to services due to the more compact nature of renovated and carefully planned cities.
I hope the world could be more like hong kong, with the vast majority of people living in small portions of land, and the rest of the earth will be reclaimed by nature to its previous state with time.
I hope that there will be a government that will invest in its people, and will provide the highest-quality education in all three tiers (primary, second, and tertiary) for free.
I hope that people should be encouraged by the government to discover and implement new ways of providing new ways of connecting people through mobility and ideas while reducing the necessity of raw materials and increasing waste recollection and repurposing.
I hope that people will wish to empower themselves and go beyond their current limitations to reach full satisfaction and enlightenment, break free of the cycle of suffering and obtain permanent stability regardless of future events (nirvana).
Post automatically merged:

I want humanity to not be led by corporate oligarchs and lobbyists, but by engineers and scientists.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
At the OP, It took from the beginning of time until the year 1800 for the world population to reach 1 billion people. It took from 1800 until 2022 from the population to go from 1 billion to 8 billion. When you have less resources and more people, well eventually something needs to give. Now given that humans have been having wars throughout our history, there's been famine and disease to keep us in check and there's been at least 1 ice age in human history and at least 5 in earths history, I would imagine it's just a matter of time until we all get wiped out anyway so I wouldn't bother too much worrying about the future of human kind.

What would really benefit human kind is that if people stopped being greedy or being meglomaniacs or wanting to rule others or have some sort of power over others, however that will not happen as it's not human nature so I expect you will continue to live your life with someones boot on your neck, paying taxes and being ruled by the rich elite. Then once you die anything you've owned will be split up amongst your loved ones or end up in the dump.

Basically for most people life consists of being born, going to school, leaving that, working until old age so you can generate taxes to keep the rich in the lifestyle they are accustomed too, having kids so the cycle can begin again, dying and over time being forgotten so that you never existsed in the first place.

Last edited by mrdude,

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
At the OP, It took from the beginning of time until the year 1800 for the world population to reach 1 billion people. It took from 1800 until 2022 from the population to go from 1 billion to 8 billion. When you have less resources and more people, well eventually something needs to give. Now given that humans have been having wars throughout our history, there's been famine and disease to keep us in check and there's been at least 1 ice age in human history and at least 5 in earths history, I would imagine it's just a matter of time until we all get wiped out anyway so I wouldn't bother too much worrying about the future of human kind.

What would really benefit human kind is that if people stopped being greedy or being meglomaniacs or wanting to rule others or have some sort of power over others, however that will not happen as it's not human nature so I expect you will continue to live your life with someones boot on your neck, paying taxes and being ruled by the rich elite. Then once you die anything you've owned will be split up amongst your loved ones or end up in the dump.

Basically for most people life consists of being born, going to school, leaving that, working until old age so you can generate taxes to keep the rich in the lifestyle they are accustomed too, having kids so the cycle can begin again, dying and over time being forgotten so that you never existsed in the first place.
but as long as there is a will, there is always a way. If people can rise up to become ideal and move away from their current undesirable circumstances. There will be triumph and stability. If the vast majority of people are servants to the oligarchy, why not escape the vicious cycle to walk the better path.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
but as long as there is a will, there is always a way. If people can rise up to become ideal and move away from their current undesirable circumstances. There will be triumph and stability. If the vast majority of people are servants to the oligarchy, why not escape the vicious cycle to walk the better path.
People are like sheep, you saw how they acted during covid. You basically had mask Naiz's going about and people shopping their neighbours into the authorities. It's nice thought to think people will rise up but we have a world full of soy boys, effiminate men and woke kids - I doubt there's much chance of them standing up for anything as they are too busy screaching about their pronouns and then looking for a safe space to go and cry in when someone has a different opinion to them. Also todays youth is fairly stupid compared to previous generations, just watch the countless youtube videos of young American's being asked simple questions, most of them are clueless. I blame the education system and some of the stupid degrees some of these idiots are doing, we have a nation full of retards.

Last edited by mrdude,

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope we expand into space

Imagine that beautiful moment when we find a second earth and suddenly there is another everest, another grand canyon, another mount kilimanjaro

I wish humans lived longer ;A;

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
People are like sheep, you saw how they acted during covid. You basically had mask Naiz's going about and people shopping their neighbours into the authorities. It's nice thought to think people will rise up but we have a world full of soy boys, effiminate men and woke kids - I doubt there's much chance of them standing up for anything as they are too busy screaching about their pronouns and then looking for a safe space to go and cry in when someone has a different opinion to them.
That's why there needs to be people like Lee Kwan Yew and Ferdinand Piech.
Intelligent visionaries who had the will and power to realize their ideal visions.
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2015/03/how-lee-kuan-yew-transformed-singapore/
https://www.thedrive.com/news/29586...formed-vw-into-an-automotive-giant-dies-at-82

Horses do not wish to harness their prowess of speed by default. In order to turn the wheels of progress. You have to whip them hard!
Post automatically merged:

Imagine that beautiful moment when we find a second earth and suddenly there is another everest, another grand canyon, another mount kilimanjaro

We can, if we worked together.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP

That would be good - we could send all the weirdos and leftiods to that place and leave the normies on earth or vice versa.

Reactions: Snintendog

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
People are like sheep, you saw how they acted during covid. You basically had mask Naiz's going about and people shopping their neighbours into the authorities. It's nice thought to think people will rise up but we have a world full of soy boys, effiminate men and woke kids - I doubt there's much chance of them standing up for anything as they are too busy screaching about their pronouns and then looking for a safe space to go and cry in when someone has a different opinion to them. Also todays youth is fairly stupid compared to previous generations, just watch the countless youtube videos of young American's being asked simple questions, most of them are clueless. I blame the education system and some of the stupid degrees some of these idiots are doing, we have a nation full of retards.
That is why I believe that being human is a privilege, not a right, and why privilege is wasted on the privileged who don't know any worse.
https://os.me/learn/reincarnation-the-journey-and-reality/
Being born a human is a rare opportunity for one to release themselves from this endless cycle of birth and death. By walking the Eightfold Path set out by Buddha, one can attain Nirvana or enlightenment and escape the cycle of samsara.
I believe that these ideas should be indoctrinated all throughout one's education.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
That is why I believe that being human is a privilege, not a right, and why privilege is wasted on the privileged who don't know any worse.
https://os.me/learn/reincarnation-the-journey-and-reality/

I believe that these ideas should be indoctrinated all throughout one's education.
I guess if reincarnation was a thing that would suck, however it does have some flaws to the logic that it exists.

1, The universe is at least 15 billion years old.
2. The earth is around 4.5 billion years old.
3: Life on earth didn't start until around about a billion or so years after the earth was formed.
4: Eventually life on earth will die out when the sun dies out and incinerates the planet.

If the planet is incinerated there will be nothing alive to reincarnate into. Personally when I die I hope there's nothing after it, you just fail to exists any longer, the same as you did before you were born. Bugger coming back to life time and time again, I can't think of anything worse.

Last edited by mrdude,

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
I guess if reincarnation was a thing that would suck, however it does have some flaws to the logic that it exists.

1, the universe is at least 15 billion years old.
2. The earth is around 4.5 billion years old.
3: Life on earth didn't start until around about a billion or so years after the earth was formed.
4: Eventually life on earth will die out when the sun dies out and incinerates the planet.

If the planet is incinerated there will be nothing alive to reincarnate into. Personally when I die I hope there's nothing after it, you just fail to exists any longer, the same as you did before you were born. Bugger coming back to life time and time again, I can't think of anything worse.
There probably would be life somewhere else.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
What the fuck is your icon...... Change it
Yep, it's pretty offensive to most normal people, whether or not it was a peace symbol in many cultures. The Nazi's changed that for the next few centuries or so, certainly there's people still living today that were in concentraition camps and many of those peoples relatives will be offended...so yes I agree the OP should change it.

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: mrdude

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say wipe the hard drive of the mainframe called earth and install linux on it (windows is corrupt) I hope the survivors of nuclear war learn from our mistakes,and is not doomed to repeat it speakin of global civ collapse i saw an interesting video on YT of theoreticly how "far back" the survivors will be technology wise after WW3 (somewhere around the middle ages iirc)

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I just want to own a farm, miles away from anyone else, with cheap satellite internet.
Would your farm be, farmland that was stolen from The Native American Indians, or farmland that was stolen from the people of another country by the elite and then sold off to the highest bidder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Better call Pedro you're up in smoke