• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

I would love to have civilization to do more with less land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would your farm be, farmland that was stolen from The Native American Indians
I don't give a shit about Native Americans, and never will. I just want to own some farmland in the middle of no where, with nice internet.

CommanderCool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cry me a river.
the great part is, i have the world's most scathing comeback for this.

the bad news is, the mods have such thin skin that you can see their blood cells travelling down their arms, yet tolerate "people" like yourself.

alas.

• Love
Reactions: mrdude

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tell ya what, why dont you go ahead and do that, and we will all live with massive amounts of land, itll make us feel better knowing you dont own anything.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I don't give a shit about Native Americans, and never will. I just want to own some farmland in the middle of no where, with nice internet.
This is the typical response I expected, I bet you're one of the first to whine about racism as a well - how Ironic, You'll never own land, you'll just live on it for a while and then die and you can't take it with you so it will never really belong to you. All you'll do is pay someone else at the top of the food chain for living on a bit of land, get used to that because that's how capatalism works.

Native Americans know how to live in harmony with nature and the land, you and most people in the west don't so when all your tech fails and you run out of resources to make it and end up starving to death or dying from some man made pandemic or all die due to some GM crop that gives you cancer, all that land called USA & Canada will end up being back in the hands of people from the first nations. Eventually you and all your decendants will be dead and nature will reclaim the land and once again it will end up in the hands of the free people and they'll walk on your bones.

That land you want to own didn't belong to anyone to sell you, it belongs to God and is meant for everyone and all the animals to use. It was stolen by someone at some point usually via the point of a gun or by murdering the people that were originally living on it. If the US had any decency it would be paying the people of the First Nations vast sums of money to rent it out from them.

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
This is the typical response I expected, I bet you're one of the first to whine about racism as a well - how Ironic, You'll never own land, you'll just live on it for a while and then die and you can't take it with you so it will never really belong to you. All you'll do is pay someone else at the top of the food chain for living on a bit of land, get used to that because that's how capatalism works.

Native Americans know how to live in harmony with nature and the land, you and most people in the west don't so when all your tech fails and you run out of resources to make it and end up starving to death or dying from some man made pandemic or all die due to some GM crop that gives you cancer, all that land called USA & Canada will end up being back in the hands of people from the first nations. Eventually you and all your decendants will be dead and nature will reclaim the land and once again it will end up in the hands of the free people and they'll walk on your bones.

That land you want to own didn't belong to anyone to sell you, it belongs to God and is meant for everyone and all the animals to use. It was stolen by someone at some point usually via the point of a gun or by murdering the people that were originally living on it. If the US had any decency it would be paying the people of the First Nations vast sums of money to rent it out from them.
God is just a human construct.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would love for there to be more housing built in cities so instead of lifeless suburbs that take up space, we can have better housing that has more access to public transportation, shops, entertainment and other areas.
I like suburbs, i like the idea of having a whole big house and space to myself mostly, with a backyard, front yard, and a bunch of neighbors. but... the better option is being able to live in a place where i can get the most out of life without having to drive a giant metal box around and adhere to traffic. Where i have access to the best internet, best technology, best jobs and best view (looking at giant cities at night is always a joy with all the lights and buildings lighting up)

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
prove it isn't.
It can't be proved one way or the other, but if you state this "God is just a human construct.", you are trying to state that as a fact, in which case I expect you to be able to prove it. The reality is that 84% of the current world population is religious and if you go back from the beginning of know history until at least the last 100 years that percentage goes into the high 90's. So you might disagree with what the vast amount of the worlds population believes, but note that they disagree with your opinion.

CommanderCool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can't be proved one way or the other, but if you state this "God is just a human construct.", you are trying to state that as a fact, in which case I expect you to be able to prove it. The reality is that 84% of the current world population is religious and if you go back from the beginning of know history until at least the last 100 years that percentage goes into the high 90's. So you might disagree with what the vast amount of the worlds population believes, but note that they disagree with your opinion.
100% of the population thought the earth was flat as well. they killed over it. just like the religious kill over their unproven fiction.

until something is empirical, it fails to exist.

Reactions: 64bitmodels

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
100% of the population thought the earth was flat as well. they killed over it. just like the religious kill over their unproven fiction.

until something is empirical, it fails to exist.
Not true though, some people in some some countries were eductated to believe the world was flat, other people in other countries didn't think this at all. You're trying to divert away from the original topic about God though because you know and I know that you know that you don't have an answer and can't prove what you think about the existence of God one way or the other.

The education system in your country must suck though if you think that 100% of people thought the earth was flat - it's typical of todays youth to be so under educated. Maybe try doing some research before you make anymore fanciful claims.

Last edited by mrdude,

CommanderCool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true though, some people in some some countries were eductated to believe the world was flat, other people in other countries didn't think this at all. You're trying to divert away from the original topic about God though because you know and I know that you know that you don't have an answer and can't prove what you think about the existence of God one way or the other.
i gave you an answer: no empirical evidence. want more? let's talk about the problem of evil or a bunch of old and solidified arguments against the foolishness of a righteous deity. that, or your deities, dare they be real, want suffering upon all.

the religious have used their worthless fiction to excuse persecution and evil activities for millennia. the right to that religion continues to allow for it.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
i gave you an answer: no empirical evidence. want more? let's talk about the problem of evil or a bunch of old and solidified arguments against the foolishness of a righteous deity. that, or your deities, dare they be real, want suffering upon all.

the religious have used their worthless fiction to excuse persecution and evil activities for millennia. the right to that religion continues to allow for it.
Haha, do you think that religion is evil? Some people in a position of power are evil and use religion as a tool to supress and gain an advantage over others. This is down to those people and not to do with the religion. You might think the egyptians 3000+ years ago were evil with their gods or that the Vikings religion were evil because they were a violent people that murdered and raped. Then there were the Maya with human sacrifice, but you weren't around then so you really have no idea if they were evil or not. Then again if you go to a poor country today where people have nothing, for them religion gives them hope and joy, now that's not evil. There's good and evil most people - this is a people flaw, not really a religious flaw.

CommanderCool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, do you think that religion is evil? Some people in a position of power are evil and use religion as a tool to supress and gain an advantage over others. This is down to those people and not to do with the religion. You might think the egyptians 3000+ years ago were evil with their gods or that the Vikings religion were evil because they were a violent people that murdered and raped. Then there were the Maya with human sacrifice, but you weren't around then so you really have no idea if they were evil or not. Then again if you go to a poor country today where people have nothing, for them religion gives them hope and joy, now that's not evil. There's good and evil most people - this is a people flaw, not really a religious flaw.
and they were evil sons of bitches. human sacrifice in the name of some fiction? what kind of bitch-shit is that?

if people want hope, they should find it in themselves and reason out their situations rather than look skybound and cry for miracles like delusional idiots.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
and they were evil sons of bitches. human sacrifice in the name of some fiction? what kind of bitch-shit is that?
What do you know about the Aztec/Inca/Maya or any other Mesoamerican civilizations or their religions? Probably not much I'd guess. Did you know that some of these people actually volunteered to be human sacrifices? They saw the world differently from you or people from this time and you're judging them by todays standards. They weren't evil, they were just living life on their own terms and beliefs. If those people in those times could see into the future and saw how the world has been destroyed and concreted over, how some animals have become extinct, how there's far less insects (food for other birds and animals) and how you have men buggering other men etc, how we have weapons of mass destruction, how we treat each other, they would probably think that the people of this time are evil and selifish - and they wouldn't be wrong.

CommanderCool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you know about the Aztec/Inca/Maya or any other Mesoamerican civilizations or their religions? Probably not much I'd guess. Did you know that some of these people actually volunteered to be human sacrifices? They saw the world differently from you or people from this time and you're judging them by todays standards. They weren't evil, they were just living life on their own terms and beliefs. If those people in those times could see into the future and saw how the world has been destroyed and concreted over, how some animals have become exctint, how there's far less insects (food for other birnds and animals) and how you have men buggering other men etc, they would probably think that the people of time are evil.
so human sacrifice was okay so long as the people brainwashed enough to believe in said deity convinced themselves that it was okay, and we frame it in a particular time period.

furthermore, you compared human sacrifice to gay sex in terms of morality.

wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo