Hacking If I downgrade my Vita to jailbreak it, can I still use pS4 crossplay ?

jefazo92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi,

I want to downgrade my Vita to jailbreak it with Hencore but if I do this, would I be able to use crossplay with PS4 ? If not, is there any way around this ?

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
afaik you can still use remoteplay on 3.60
As for crossplay/buy... anything you buy on PS4 that has a vita version available in the bundle can be installed as normal on a Henkaku'd vita, but don't expect installing a pirated vita version to miraculously unlock the PS4 version.

Last edited by duwen,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Do it at your own risk you can get banned by Sony if you link the same account
No you can't. The only time Sony has ever banned anyone on the Vita using Henkaku is when they hacked in trophies, that was it. Literally nothing else has resulted in a ban from Sony on the Vita, not playing pirated games, not spoofing version numbers, and certainly not for using remote play.

You also don't even need to connect to PSN to remote play, it can be done 100% locally, so there's basically 0 risk for remote play.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going to play safe .... when I first got my PS4 I used my PSN account from my PS3 and they banned my account because it detected CFW on my PS3 luckily I just started a new account. I'll just use my laptop if I want to play remote play on my PS4 I cant trust my 3.60 Vita

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going to play safe .... when I first got my PS4 I used my PSN account from my PS3 and they banned my account because it detected CFW on my PS3 luckily I just started a new account. I'll just use my laptop if I want to play remote play on my PS4 I cant trust my 3.60 Vita
Completely different circumstances. Sony was (and still is AFAIK) extremely aggressive with banning any account that uses CFW on the PS3, which I suspect is mostly automated at this point.

On the Vita, however, they couldn't give any less of a shit. In the four years that Henkaku has existed now, I can find a whopping 5 or 6 people who have complained of a ban, and every single one of them are because of hacked trophies and nothing else. Nobody has, nor ever will at this point, be banned for using Henkaku on the Vita.

Reactions: eighthdayregret

ichibung

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Completely different circumstances. Sony was (and still is AFAIK) extremely aggressive with banning any account that uses CFW on the PS3, which I suspect is mostly automated at this point.

On the Vita, however, they couldn't give any less of a shit. In the four years that Henkaku has existed now, I can find a whopping 5 or 6 people who have complained of a ban, and every single one of them are because of hacked trophies and nothing else. Nobody has, nor ever will at this point, be banned for using Henkaku on the Vita.
Which means, when hatched VITA remote play a legit PS4, log out the PSN account on both VITA and PS4? Or, log in PS4 but not VITA?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh