If you could live anywhere in the world?

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Honestly?

I would love to live somewhere where......er.....it was less urban. What neighborhoods around here have degenerated into just disgusts me. I want to live somewhere in the USA that is peaceful, quiet and lots of space around me, but still be close enough to civilization when I need it. I was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio and have lived my whole life here. I want out! I want to move south somewhere, to a place that doesn't tolerate.....well......how do I say this without sounding...er......ahh!....I just better shut up now. You know, this is one of those deals where I can't say what I want because it would offend too many people. Free speech my ass!
hate2.gif

Do you still live in/near Cleveland?

If you haven't noticed, I live there. Euclid to be exact,

I can experience your anger on the neighborhoods 100%.

If you ever want, you can talk to me about the areas. I'd probably understand you 100000000%.

frown.gif

Daemon.nds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lilsypha said:
I find it funny that the person that posted this thread also has the Canadian flag to their name. I don't necessarily want out of Canada, but I want out of the shithole that is Toronto. Out of all the places I've lived in the country, this one is the worst! Why? Canada's wide open-door immigration policy is just destroying the city. People think Canada is some sort of haven for multiculturalism. It isn't. The amount of hate and racism are incredible. There are little pockets all around the city where "like gather with like". It's ugly. For a country where English is one of the two official languages, you never hear English when you go anywhere. You'll hear mandarin, polish, russian, sweedish, arabic, every language you can think of, never English. You can never understand shopkeepers because everyone refuses to learn English! It's so, so frustrating. The city is dirty, public transportation is a nightmare (whoever said it was good must have only visited a short time). It's incredibly expensive to live here. The people are very unfriendly. It's bitterly cold and/or covered in snow eight months out of the year. At the first possible opportunity, I am out of here. I don't recommend anyone give Toronto a second look! If you want to see the best of what Canada has to offer, to go British Columbia!

Where would I want to live? In no particular order, Ireland, Italy, Scotland, Hawaii, Miami, New Zealand..I can't really decide. Somewhere where the pace of life is slower, and people are naturally kind. It wouldn't hurt to have permanently nice sunny weather and nice beaches to visit too!

Your insight about Toronto in relation to Canada's open door policy is enlightening. Concerning North Cuba/Miami/whatever you want to call it, they don't have much of a reputation for being kind. Many of the things that fall under the umbrella of common decency tend to be forgotten in Miami, according to much of what I've read. And it's a very materialistic city (MIAMI is an acronym for Money is a Major Issue). I was on a forum for years where probably half the users live in that area. Personally, I've only spent about a day out of my life in Miami. And if you're white, Hawaii is notoriously racist. Probably the most anti-white state in the U.S. (though being a female, you may be cut some slack). Italians are notorious for being disinterested in speaking English, if that's a problem for you. Not trying to shoot your dreams down, though. Good luck.

Daemon.nds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy10 said:
I don't want to live anywhere else.
And i HATE japan, sure my VGs are from there but in WW2 they attacked HK. >=(
HK FTW!!!!

Most Japanese today weren't even alive during those times. You're 12 years old, so I'll offer you a piece of advice. Never judge a group of people based on the decisions of their leaders. Maybe the symbol for China should be an ox, not a dragon. So stubborn. See you on the island- though neither of us will know it.

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Day By Day said:
Vidboy10 said:
HK FTW!!!!

Most Japanese today weren't even alive during those times. You're 12 years old, so I'll offer you a piece of advice. Never judge a group of people based on the decisions of their leaders. Maybe the symbol for China should be an ox, not a dragon. So stubborn. See you on the island- though neither of us will know it.
Sorry, its just that im very patriotic about my country.
And I judge a group because i have a opinion.
Even though yes im going to japan in july, Im just going to see my cousin there for a reunion.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I always wanted to go to Germany. Anywhere in Europe is fine too.

Rayder said:
Honestly?

I would love to live somewhere where......er.....it was less urban. What neighborhoods around here have degenerated into just disgusts me. I want to live somewhere in the USA that is peaceful, quiet and lots of space around me, but still be close enough to civilization when I need it. I was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio and have lived my whole life here. I want out! I want to move south somewhere, to a place that doesn't tolerate.....well......how do I say this without sounding...er......ahh!....I just better shut up now. You know, this is one of those deals where I can't say what I want because it would offend too many people. Free speech my ass!
hate2.gif

Come to Vancouver. It's full of "non-urban" towns and neighborhoods, and friendly people. Clean air, full of mountains and lakes, and for a teen, there's nothing to do.

The only problem right now, is that it's full of almost every teenager doing some sort of drugs, and a bunch of gang wars going on. The weather is very odd, and often changes without any notice. Oh, and having to wait a few days (Or possibly months) longer for games to be released than in America.

But really, it's a pretty decent place besides a minor problems. I'd do anything to get out of here though. Being a teen, everyone I meet seem to be some sort of a druggy (Not saying that it's a bad thing, but I barely know any clean people besides myself), or a total garbage of a human being. (Teens, I mean.)

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Vidboy10 said:
Day By Day said:
Vidboy10 said:
HK FTW!!!!

Even though yes im going to japan in july, Im just going to see my cousin there for a reunion.

LOL I'm patriotic too! Singapore was badly treatd at that time
mad.gif

But I can forgive them because well... its their ancestors..... and then they make great games and anime and manga and cosplay and sushi!

Good luck in Japan.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i.Domination said:
Vidboy10 said:
Day By Day said:
Vidboy10 said:
HK FTW!!!!

LOL I'm patriotic too! Singapore was badly treatd at that time
mad.gif

But I can forgive them because well... its their ancestors..... and then they make great games and anime and manga and cosplay and sushi!

Good luck in Japan.

No offense or anything, but when I saw that, I just couldn't resist from posting this. I'm sorry.....

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tropicana said:
Come to Vancouver. It's full of "non-urban" towns and neighborhoods, and friendly people. Clean air, full of mountains and lakes, and for a teen, there's nothing to do.
My dad lived in Vancouver in 1994.
But after the Canucks Riot he decided to leave. Heck, his house even got robbed that night.
Then in 1995 he moved to HK, then in 1996 i was born and here i am typing this.
=P

Daemon.nds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

Have fun. And when I say "see you on the island," I mean HK, not Honshu. The SAR takes very good care of its workers from the outside. I myself am not patriotic, but I suppose the pros/cons of patriotism/nationalism are a different topic altogether. But the level of hypernationalism within China is very resemblant of early Nazi Germany. Let us learn from history and move forward in harmony.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Vidboy10 said:
Tropicana said:
My dad lived in Vancouver in 1994.
But after the Canucks Riot he decided to leave. Heck, his house even got robbed that night.
Then in 1995 he moved to HK, then in 1996 i was born and here i am typing this.
=P
Ah yes... Forgot to mention. Thefts occur incredibly often, as well as the police not being able to do anything. What's worse, is that I really feel that the Canadian police isn't doing very much. The law itself also feels very weak, and government has a lot of problems. I mean, a friend of mine goes around stealing bikes and no one ever does a thing. His friend is a serious druggy, that was actually smoking weed in front of a few police officers. Yet, they looked at him, and didn't do anything.

Canadian Post (The delivery company) is also terrible, with taking weeks to deliver any items bought online. The fastest delivery I had was from Amazon Canada, where it still took a 8 days. It's like I'm really living in 1995....

So, thefts, gang wars, people with drug uses, "weak" laws, small punishments, rising homeless rates and so on. Regardless though, I still find that it's a very clean and a peaceful city. Just... Make sure you don't leave anything in your car. They break into your cars by any way possible.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lilsypha said:
I find it funny that the person that posted this thread also has the Canadian flag to their name. I don't necessarily want out of Canada, but I want out of the shithole that is Toronto. Out of all the places I've lived in the country, this one is the worst! Why? Canada's wide open-door immigration policy is just destroying the city. People think Canada is some sort of haven for multiculturalism. It isn't. The amount of hate and racism are incredible. There are little pockets all around the city where "like gather with like". It's ugly. For a country where English is one of the two official languages, you never hear English when you go anywhere. You'll hear mandarin, polish, russian, sweedish, arabic, every language you can think of, never English. You can never understand shopkeepers because everyone refuses to learn English! It's so, so frustrating. The city is dirty, public transportation is a nightmare (whoever said it was good must have only visited a short time). It's incredibly expensive to live here. The people are very unfriendly. It's bitterly cold and/or covered in snow eight months out of the year. At the first possible opportunity, I am out of here. I don't recommend anyone give Toronto a second look! If you want to see the best of what Canada has to offer, to go British Columbia!

Where would I want to live? In no particular order, Ireland, Italy, Scotland, Hawaii, Miami, New Zealand..I can't really decide. Somewhere where the pace of life is slower, and people are naturally kind. It wouldn't hurt to have permanently nice sunny weather and nice beaches to visit too!
I am not far down the road really, I live in the hippy capital of Ontario, same city as Hankchill even, hell we are friends
tongue.gif

Honestly, I don't mind the summer's here, sure it's muggy as hell sometimes but it's the snow that pisses me off. I hate shovelling snow like a fricking slave, it's annoying. Could be worse, we could live on the praries aka Mosquito Country.

ZeroTm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
IMO Japan is waaaay too overrated. This overall shit with their crappy animes and silly cosplay. You can´t even take them serious then they cloth so stupid. I´d like to go back to good old germany where I was born. And if you wonder why theres a german flag in my profile, I just moved to canada and I´m too lazy to change it.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
flameiguana said:
xcalibur said:
I would love to live in japan!
All the girls there are so kawaii and akihabara is so sugoi!
Oh gawd. I hope you are being satirical
sleep.gif

Also, I would never live in a wintery cold city. Fuck skiing! I want some sun.
yaynds.gif

/sarcasm

I'm pleasantly suprised there aren't more serious posts like mine.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
ZeroTm said:
IMO Japan is waaaay too overrated. This overall shit with their crappy animes and silly cosplay. You can´t even take them serious then they cloth so stupid. I´d like to go back to good old germany where I was born. And if you wonder why theres a german flag in my profile, I just moved to canada and I´m too lazy to change it.
Anime is nice to watch and all, but anime alone is in no way a reason to want to live in Japan. My reason for wanting to do so is simple, I enjoy the atmosphere there, in Kyoto that is. I can in no way find the atmosphere in Tokyo to be suiting me. I don't know exactly why it's like that, but I just find Tokyo to be one hell of an uninteresting city.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Probably somewhere nice in America, mainly so I don't have to pay twice as much for everything.

Damn British government, nothing but theives.

Daemon.nds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Damn British government, nothing but theives.
Well, that's a big part of why we're not still part of the old empire.

And it never ceases to amaze me how much the Brits have to pay for goods. Downright extortionate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftCOfjqup_8