Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jasonage said:
AeroHex said:
can we trust these guys i mean think of all the things they have pulled
halo ds zelda movie etc

This was actually true, but the game didn't get completed.
The actual Halo DS never got past the concept stage while the one IGN shown was a fake, and pretty much confirmed to be a fake.

ShigeruTR

Trophies
Website
www.dijikent.com
XP
Country
I'm very happy 'cause My birthday in March.
I'll wait DSi for present my parents
rolleyes.gif

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... I'll hold off on a DSi until it becomes mature--when CFW comes out that allows DS games to boot off an internal SDHC, and libraries are available to homebrew developers for camera control.

And if the DSi polls the camera(s) every 5-10 seconds to automatically adjust the backlight brightness within a defined parameter. (like you want it "this" bright and the backlight will go between off and "this bright" depending on ambient lighting conditions)

Or am I asking for too much by next christmas?

damagedisdone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except for the useless camera you can practically replicate all of the DSi function with DS Lite + flash cart. DS may ware sounds cool, but look at how well it turned out for Wii. Although I do like the matte casing better than glossy, but paying more money for less. No thanks.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Ferrariman said:
If the DSi Store ever gets as cool as the App Store from Apple, I will buy it. But that will never happen.

Till now.. Japan got some Wario Ware minigames, a new Wario Ware game using the camera, Art Style games and a guide for Japan's (or just Tokyo, not sure) Subway..

I'm curious about the type of apps that will be released over here..

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WTF... It was said at E3 when it was announced that it was comming to Japan in Nov 08, and US in April 09... why is this big news? It's already been known....

haringtonl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course people will buy it... If you don't have a ds already, then y not get a DSi? Since probably most of this community already has a ds, then of course it is going to received poorly.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
zidane_genome said:
WTF... It was said at E3 when it was announced that it was comming to Japan in Nov 08, and US in April 09... why is this big news? It's already been known....

That was not announced on E3.. it was announced in October. And it was out in Japan in Nov 1st, and there is no oficial US release date yet.. are you drunk!?

QUOTE(haringtonl @ Dec 13 2008, 12:57 PM) Of course people will buy it... If you don't have a ds already, then y not get a DSi? Since probably most of this community already has a ds, then of course it is going to received poorly.

Most people in Japan already had a DSLite too.. and it's beeing received pretty well there
tongue.gif

Of course, the japanese market is very different..

Knarf

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's goo that it's going to be released in march. That means It has time to drop in popularity before July. Since this will be my birthday gift.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I don't understand why people want a DSi either, unless your Lite broke and you need something to replace it. It just seems so pointless and gimmicky; wow, the screens are a SMIDGE bigger. Wow, it's got a .3 megapixel camera (which, if you don't know about camera specs, let me put it this way. If you a have a camera phone, it's most likely better than the DSi camera)

I don't think there's gonna be many DSi-only games. Even if, I doubt they will be good games, and certainly not "brand" games like Squeenix, Atlus, etc.

I'd ONLY get one if my DSLite stops functioning, I have enough money, and an "iCyclo" comes out. But then again, I never have money, so I just don't see it happening.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JDMEVOIXMR said:
ds lites better have a price drop...
It's already been confirmed that the DSL won't be getting a price drop. =/

QUOTE(zidane_genome @ Dec 13 2008, 10:42 AM) WTF... It was said at E3 when it was announced that it was comming to Japan in Nov 08, and US in April 09... why is this big news? It's already been known....
Err, they said that the DSi won't come out until "well into 2009" which people thought sometime during the Fall or something the other said after April. Nintendo just contradicted themselves on this. =/

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
I don't understand why people want a DSi either, unless your Lite broke and you need something to replace it. It just seems so pointless and gimmicky; wow, the screens are a SMIDGE bigger. Wow, it's got a .3 megapixel camera (which, if you don't know about camera specs, let me put it this way. If you a have a camera phone, it's most likely better than the DSi camera)

What is funny is that people somehow think that it will actually be pointless and gimmicky. C'mon guys - this is Nintendo. Give them some credit. These "innovations" may seem lame at the surface - but when the Nintendo DS was first announced what did everyone think then? Dual screens? Touch screen? Microphone? What? And look how that turned out! They will take these perceived "small" upgrades and make some really fun games and apps out of it.

Of course, you're always welcome to sit it out on the sidelines. But give them some credit...if for nothing else because of their track record of making great, innovative games.

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Wow, it's got a .3 megapixel camera (which, if you don't know about camera specs, let me put it this way. If you a have a camera phone, it's most likely better than the DSi camera)

That's the interior camera. The exterior camera is 3.0 megapixels...which, depending on your phone could be better or worse.

As for who'll buy a DSi? Anyone who wants a DS. Once the DSi hits the shelves I'd bet all the DS Lites will be pulled since department stores aren't going to want the extra stock taking up space plus that'll ultimately force the sales since one won't have a choice. Once the Lite came out I don't remember seeing the original DS anywhere so it stands to reason this'll hold true again.

I'll probably pick one up as long as I can run a flash cart on it (preferably Cyclo's since I do like their currant card, but whatever works will be considered.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...