IGN says DSi is coming March '09!

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
Err, they said that the DSi won't come out until "well into 2009" which people thought sometime during the Fall or something the other said after April. Nintendo just contradicted themselves on this. =/

I disagree on Nitnendo contradicting themselves. March is "well into" the new year. Heck, the year's a quarter of the way done by the time March is over. If people mistakenly thought even later, that's on them, not Nintendo.

QUOTE(TraumaHoundNDS @ Dec 13 2008, 02:05 PM) Once the Lite came out I don't remember seeing the original DS anywhere so it stands to reason this'll hold true again.

Then you either misremember or just didn't go to enough stores. They dropped the price on the original, but didn't phase them out right away. The two coexisted for a while. Whether that repeats here probably depends on how big of a stock of Lites they still have, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them both on shelves for at least until the end of summer.

computarman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The regular DS lite will just slowly be phased out. Stores that have stock of the regular DS lite will sell them whenever. Unless I can see some more compelling reason to spring for the DSi, I will buy one maybe when I see it in a pawn shop or flea market for $100 and not until then.

BananaX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AeroHex said:
can we trust these guys i mean think of all the things they have pulled
halo ds zelda movie etc
Halo DS was 100% real; it was just canceled in development. And this is old news.

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Err.. Id still rather buy a 2nd ds lite
frown.gif

Agent007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pshh ... I know im getting a DSi since i'm soo good at modding stuff and adding good homebrews and stuf .... and my b-day is in march so i think my parents will get me one lol
yaynds.gif

btw ... merry christmas everyone!

ShigeruTR

Trophies
Website
www.dijikent.com
XP
Country
ShigeruTR said:
I'm very happy 'cause My birthday in March.
I'll wait DSi for present my parents
rolleyes.gif

GoldenfrankO said:
It's goo that it's going to be released in march. That means It has time to drop in popularity before July. Since this will be my birthday gift.

go185 said:
March...nice...guess I have a reason to get a DSi now: Birthday is at the end of March.

QUOTE(Agent007 @ Dec 14 2008, 02:24 AM)
pshh ... I know im getting a DSi since i'm soo good at modding stuff and adding good homebrews and stuf .... and my b-day is in march so i think my parents will get me one lol
yaynds.gif

btw ... merry christmas everyone!

Happy Birthday XD
I hope our presents are DSi

Knarf

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
War said:
I don't understand why people want a DSi either, unless your Lite broke and you need something to replace it. It just seems so pointless and gimmicky; wow, the screens are a SMIDGE bigger. Wow, it's got a .3 megapixel camera (which, if you don't know about camera specs, let me put it this way. If you a have a camera phone, it's most likely better than the DSi camera)

I don't think there's gonna be many DSi-only games. Even if, I doubt they will be good games, and certainly not "brand" games like Squeenix, Atlus, etc.

I'd ONLY get one if my DSLite stops functioning, I have enough money, and an "iCyclo" comes out. But then again, I never have money, so I just don't see it happening.
I have a DS phat, and almost got a lite.

Dsparil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the removal of GBA support, the DSi is gibberish. I'll just stick with my DSLite Cyclo/Ez3in1 combo.

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I missing something? Perhaps IGN changed the article...but now it says "at least March of 2009" instead of being specific.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/936/936935p7.html

QUOTE said:
The biggest is obviously the launch of the Nintendo DSi platform. The system is already available in Japan, but Nintendo of America has openly revealed that the company isn't interested in pushing the new system in the US prior to Christmas. Instead, it will wait until at least March of 2009 before giving the system the US push it deserves.

FaRReR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm really, really sorry about this post, but I cannot restrain myself:

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
YAY
YAY
YAY
YAY!!!!!!1
YAAAAAAAAAAY I LOVE NINTENDO!!!!

^^ wow, I think I went a bit overboard with that...

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no thanks, next gen please. i'm not dropping 200 on something i already have. if you don't have a ds lite then maybe it would be a good buy if you don't care about gba games and would rather have a mediocre camera for some reason and for some reason would want to play media on the mediocre sound/video equipment. seriously guys, it's because you keep buying this shit that nintendo keeps capitalizing on recycling. buy it for games since it's made for GAMING. buy a zune or something for media.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Crazy people actually spend $50 on that stuff
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.