I'm Too Responsible For My Own Good

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
So today, when I left the store, my SSM (not sure what it stands for - my manager's boss), was waiting for me to evaluate me on how I closed the store. I got a perfect score, ironically, but because he distracted me, whether or not I locked the door was deemed irrelevant in my, beautifully whimsical, mind.

I didn't think about it until about midnight. "Did I lock the door?" At first, I just told myself that I'm being paranoid - of course I did - not once did I ever forget to lock the door. Ever.

Well, it kept itching me until I actually got up at 1am. Got clothes on, put my helmet on, and biked all the way back to work. Weather.com says it is currently 21 degrees F, and feels like 8. 14-24mph winds. I biked through it for half an hour to see if I locked the door, and then half an hour back of course.

Incidentally, I didn't. I just saved my job, and therein, my life, but I sure got my punishment. I corrected a wrong, but biking back home is certainly atonement.

In other news, the cold does nothing to stop my sexual attractiveness.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, that's great!! A little more of a workout won't be too bad for monkat.
wink.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
monkat said:
So today, when I left the store, my SSM (not sure what it stands for - my manager's boss), was waiting for me to evaluate me on how I closed the store. I got a perfect score, ironically, but because he distracted me, whether or not I locked the door was deemed irrelevant in my, beautifully whimsical, mind.

I didn't think about it until about midnight. "Did I lock the door?" At first, I just told myself that I'm being paranoid - of course I did - not once did I ever forget to lock the door. Ever.

Well, it kept itching me until I actually got up at 1am. Got clothes on, put my helmet on, and biked all the way back to work. Weather.com says it is currently 21 degrees F, and feels like 8. 14-24mph winds. I biked through it for half an hour to see if I locked the door, and then half an hour back of course.

Incidentally, I didn't. I just saved my job, and therein, my life, but I sure got my punishment. I corrected a wrong, but biking back home is certainly atonement.

In other news, the cold does nothing to stop my sexual attractiveness.

I did that. Except I worked at Starbucks. Always forgot to pour out the coffee and put the food away. Eh, oh well.

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Have you ever consedered the possibility that you never, ever, locked the door and only yesterday you realized that?
biggrin.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear "monkat",

This is your SSM here (it stands for Super SUPER Manager), and I've read your blog.
This was all part of the test and you've passed... almost.
You've corrected your mistake far too late and exceeded the testing limit.
You will be fired and given your last paycheck upon your next entrance into the store.

Thank you,
Your Super SUPER Manager.

P.S.
Have a super SUPER day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Thank You :D