Images of Logitech's and Tencent's upcoming cloud gaming handheld leaked

logi 1.JPG

Earlier this month, Logitech announced a partnership with Tencent to develop a handheld gaming console dedicated for cloud gaming, the tentatively-named Logitech G Gaming Handheld. While a registration link has been provided to get access to updates, details or even renders of the device weren't made public. However, leaker Evan Blass shared some of the handheld's images, before getting taken down with a DMCA notice. But other outlets were fast enough to backup the images, which you can see below:

logi 1.JPG

logi 2.JPG logi 3.JPG

Those images give a general idea about the device's shape, form factor and buttons layout. The latter are asymmetrical, with two extra face buttons on the lower side acting as a 'Home' button and a custom 'G' button. One of the images also show that the Logitech G has Google Play access, which could indicate that this is an Android-based device, as opposed to Windows-based like other competitors' recent handhelds.

While the veracity of those images has yet to be confirmed, Logitech's response indicates that these could images could be indicative of their upcoming device. In addition, Twitter user @Za_Raczke provided a follow up tweet thread with more specs details obtained from the FCC, Geekbench, the US Patent Office and the Play Store Console:

logi 4.JPG

While these specs might not be as beefy as the latest gaming phone, it is a cloud-focused device. We'll have to wait for an official confirmation from Logitech, so take these details with a grain a salt.

:arrow: SOURCE

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
I've yet to see a successful "cloud gaming" system. Is it because I live in a rock or that no one really uses cloud gaming dedicated consoles/handhelds?

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I've yet to see a successful "cloud gaming" system. Is it because I live in a rock or that no one really uses cloud gaming dedicated consoles/handhelds?
It's the latter. They don't really exist and if they do, they are either unheard of or burnt at the stake like this one.

Reactions: haxan

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, I meant to cracker that it's wrong to assume that because it's a Chinese brand, it's automatically bad.
Are you saying his opinion is wrong? He is just expressing his opinion IMO from his post not forcing his opinion on you. You can have yours as well.

Back on topic, yeah this is going to be another landfill.

Reactions: Tarmfot

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
oh come on.... in this day and age "leaks" are not leaks.. its nothing more than early marketing! quickly throw something out there and retract it as if it was a mistake or unintentional early posting for the world to see knowing people will capture and post the information and go viral with it so the companies can see if its widely accepted or not or just waving it under out noses before the reveal :rofl2:

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I meant to cracker that it's wrong to assume that because it's a Chinese brand, it's automatically bad.
I think he's referring specifically to Tencent themselves, who's track record is, shall we say, not great at best.
Anyway, 4GB ram?? Is that a piss take? :lol: I'd say that makes it a 'hell no' for me, but I was never gonna buy one anyways.

SugoiEndeavor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Admittedly I've never been the biggest fan of handhelds, but I have to ask what is the point of a cloud gaming handheld? Isn't the whole appeal of handheld gaming that you can take it anywhere and not need to worry about internet?

Reactions: Tarmfot

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
Trophies
XP
Admittedly I've never been the biggest fan of handhelds, but I have to ask what is the point of a cloud gaming handheld? Isn't the whole appeal of handheld gaming that you can take it anywhere and not need to worry about internet?
At least it would inevitably be jailbroken to run outside the cloud, that's for sure.

Reactions: SugoiEndeavor

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he's referring specifically to Tencent themselves, who's track record is, shall we say, not great at best.
Anyway, 4GB ram?? Is that a piss take? :lol: I'd say that makes it a 'hell no' for me, but I was never gonna buy one anyways.
You sct like you need 16Gb of ram in your handheld. It's a streaming device, calm down.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean with 5G and everyone having a smartphone that can instantly be a wifi hotspot and we all have unlimited data these days too, it's not hard to see how such a handheld has merit, and is essentially future proof. Maybe one day 6G will drop, maybe one day, we'll have super fast global wifi, as long as the device can connect to a wifi network then it will always be able to cloud game on the go, until you get to a crappy area with no mobile coverage, but it's reach is huge and only grows by the day.

None of this is to say I'm hyped on cloud gaming, but I do see it as a technology that will only improve in time, and the pieces are in place for the already available devices themselves be great at it and even improve when wifi capabilities improve.
That wouldnt work at all... Cellular speeds are just way to inconsistent. Also I don't think I've ever seen a phone company around where I live that doesnt charge an extra $100+ for the ability to use a hotspot when you have unlimited data. Also what about the people who always have bad cellular.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That wouldnt work at all... Cellular speeds are just way to inconsistent. Also I don't think I've ever seen a phone company around where I live that doesnt charge an extra $100+ for the ability to use a hotspot when you have unlimited data. Also what about the people who always have bad cellular.
I mean I've done some cloud gaming on the Switch on the go with my phone as a hotspot and I've had pretty great results. And it can only get better in time. My unlimited data hotspot is built into my $60 a month plan, so I don't know what to tell you in that regard.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean I've done some cloud gaming on the Switch on the go with my phone as a hotspot and I've had pretty great results. And it can only get better in time. My unlimited data hotspot is built into my $60 a month plan, so I don't know what to tell you in that regard.
I don't think I've ever lived anywhere that would allow that. It's a struggle to get internet that is above 100 Mbps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like cinnamon raisin toast in the mornings, with my vodka orange juice.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Eat da po-po? Same thing really.
    Veho @ Veho: +1