in your opinion, which do you think sold better?

which line do you think is better?

• Console

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Handheld

Votes: 23 65.7%

• Total voters

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, its not unfair, i mean, the Nintendo Wii could still be selling up to this day, but to each their own, nintendo decide to kill system at their own phase, so, its like saying, what company do you think has more mascot games, well nintendo has mario, well yeah, but nintendo pull around 6 -12 mario games per console, including the remixes, the HDs, and what so ever.

So i dont think its an advantage.
It IS unfair, because unlike the Nintendo Wii, the PlayStation 2 was still being produced by Sony itself, not by retailers or second hand sellers.
The Wii begun sales in 2006, and its official production ended in 2013, it doesn't compare at all to the 13 years the PS2 was being sold and produced by Sony itself.

It went against the idea of a console/handheld life cycle being the usual 6-7 years, instead it had double the life cycle of almost every other console previous to it.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why its unfair if company likes sony decide to provide support for costumer and productions for a longer life spawn of the console?

If its working good, and has good games, will kill it? So no, its not unfair >:c

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It IS unfair, because unlike the Nintendo Wii, the PlayStation 2 was still being produced by Sony itself, not by retailers or second hand sellers.
The Wii begun sales in 2006, and its official production ended in 2013, it doesn't compare at all to the 13 years the PS2 was being sold and produced by Sony itself.
I fail to see how this is "unfair". Nintendo stopped production of the Wii because it was no longer profitable to do so, not enough people were buying brand new Wii's to justify the cost and they wanted to push people into buying the Wii U. The PS2 was still being produced for all that time because it was still being bought by many gamers, and was still profitable to do so.

People way over estimate the success of the Wii. It's mass popularity died off super quick (Sales peaked at the end of 2009, when everyone stopped caring about crappy motion gimmicks and started buying smart phones), and only really succeeded because it hit the casual market at the right time.

Reactions: ScarletDreamz
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Handhelds, without a doubt. I don't get as much time nowadays to sit in front of my TV or monitor for marathon gaming sessions, so I get a lot more gaming done on-the-go or wherever's convenient. Not to mention PC > Console, so naturally I'd think handhelds better than consoles. And for the record, I consider Switch a handheld as handheld mode is pretty much all I play it in.

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The PlayStation 2 had a really unfair advantage over every other console, that one being that it was still being sold after the PS3 came out, I believe it was one of the longest running console sales in history, with almost a decade in stores.

I mean, just look at this:
https://www.digitaltrends.com/gamin...n-of-the-worlds-most-successful-game-console/

It was still being sold in late 2012, and the thing came out in 2000.
Really unfair when compared to the other systems, but whatever. :lol:

The DS is for sure the king of handhelds at the moment.
You also have to keep in mind that the PS2 also sold extremely well in the first years of its life because it was one of the cheapest DVD players available on the market, which was a huge deal back in the day. Think about this: when DVDs were the hot new thing you could've bought at roughly the same price either a standalone DVD player or the successor of an already popular console that would both play videogames and DVDs. Needles to say, when put against this choice, most people bought a PS2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +2
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during a school shooting or saying Kanye a gay fish list goes on
    +2
    the gay fish thing was funny as fuck
    +1
    and i don't even follow or care about kanhye
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everytime i hear that real song, i think of that episode, "I'm a Gay fish yal."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So was the way they showed how messed up the American health system was to get anything done
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont watch south park that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Old people driving was a funny one, like cars up on 2nd/3rd floors in houses. Had to shut down old country buffet to stop them.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBpKupfQEKE