what's the best computer browser in your opinion and why?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is a difficult choice between Chrome, Chrome, Chrome, Chrome, Chrome, Chrome, and Firefox.

I use Firefox myself at the moment though, no real reason why. I just switch between them when I fancy a change lol

Kraken_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The interface in Firefox is fully customizable and has support for extensions like ublock origin that the big corporations don't like. Chrome is going to be removing support for ad blocking soon. Firefox also has more privacy features.

As @Scarlet mentioned, pretty much every other browser is Chromium based, so Firefox is the only browser not controlled by Google. It's the last bastion of the open web.

Relevant meme:

https://gbatemp.net/memes/image.10148554-369253/

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Firefox for it's no-nonsense customization - all the alternatives have issues (either minor or major) that Firefox rises above. Brave would be the only one of the others I'd consider, but it's still built on Chrome... and with Brave search set up in Firefox there's really no need to use Brave.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Opera. It has built-in AdBlock.

Used to use Chrome but it's been a year ever since I last used it.

Changed to Firefox but the stoopid animal gave me troubles with my passwords.

Opera on both Mobile and Desktop has all I need, aforementioned AdBlock, slight customization, and decent extensions to block even more ads and whatnot.

Don't feel like changing anytime soon, might as well use it for as long as I have access to Internet.

Reactions: tyson_chicken

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I use a fork of Firefox called Waterfox. Basically just a lighter version of Firefox with less telemetry.
Firefox has telemetry?
Post automatically merged:

Anyhow, I use Chrome. And Windows 7. I know, I'm fucked, I'm stuck in this google hole I've dug myself into, and death is coming for me next year, but I refuse to go down without a fight.

Reactions: tyson_chicken

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It is a difficult choice between Chrome, Chrome, Chrome, Chrome, Chrome, Chrome, and Firefox.

I use Firefox myself at the moment though, no real reason why. I just switch between them when I fancy a change lol
Chrome, you means Google Chrome?

You must be loved to by spied on by google, and censored, and lot of plugin got blocked because of some US politics which i don't care of, since i am not american. And your data profile gonna be sold by google to 3rd party.

Nah. I prefer Chromium then Chrome, prefer Firefox then Chromium, prefer Brave then Firefox, and that the one i used. And prefer duck duck go rather than google. Only using google for a special search

But for battery-wise use safari. No browser could beat safari for energy purposes.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Chrome, you means Google Chrome?

You must be loved to by spied on by google, and censored, and lot of plugin got blocked because of some US politics which i don't care of, since i am not american. And your data profile gonna be sold by google to 3rd party.

Nah. I prefer Chromium then Chrome, prefer Firefox then Chromium, prefer Brave then Firefox, and that the one i used. And prefer duck duck go rather than google. Only using google for a special search

But for battery-wise use safari. No browser could beat safari for energy purposes.
Brave is Chromium.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching...