Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sotoro said:
DeMoN said:
Damn, I think this is probably Gen 4 retina-only or something though. I doubt my 2nd gen iPod touch can play it.

it's only 3gs and 4g. but there is no other way for the future of apple games, if you want to see more innovative and powerfull games.
It seems more and more games are having this restriction. Which really sucks for me because I have a 2nd Gen MC-model, which means I got jipped by Apple since that should have been 3rd gen.

void03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wonder how long the gameplay will be?
Sure it looks nice and all but will it be worth the 5$ you paid for?
Oh well, only a few more days wait

Sotoro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's out
biggrin.gif

First impressions later...

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Infinity Blade is one of the best games I have ever played on any iDevice. It gets a bit repetitive after a few bloodlines (when you die), but still, the graphics are amazing and so is the gameplay. You don't want to miss out on this one.

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lol, I wonder how long it'll take before there are videos on youtoube of people completing the game in the first bloodline without taking any damage xD
Got it, it's awesome xD

I'm lucky I'm pretty good
smile.gif

Lmao, I won and died at the same time xD
I finished an opponent, and the defeat screen pops up lol.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
metamaster said:
Infinity Blade is one of the best games I have ever played on any iDevice. It gets a bit repetitive after a few bloodlines (when you die), but still, the graphics are amazing and so is the gameplay. You don't want to miss out on this one.

I'm not saying this is a shitty game or anything like that. The game-play is anything but amazing considering it is a simplistic setup of dodge, block, and attack that resemble the quick time button pressing of any number of games before it. The graphics on the other hand are possibly some of the best I have ever seen on a iDevice. This is a solid game none the less and worthy of a purchase. I personally can't wait until they update it for multiplayer. Once you find more weapons/armor items it seems that the customization of your character will be endless.

Edit: I do agree that once you start doing your 2nd bloodline and beyond it will become quite repetitive.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just beat the last boss at my 5th bloodline, and I saw the final cutscene, but I wouldn't want to spoil it
wink.gif
. After you win, you just start a new bloodline to "avenge you father", even though he won...

@431unknown: The gameplay isn't too complex, but it's still a lot better than many other games.

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sotoro said:
DeMoN said:
Damn, I think this is probably Gen 4 retina-only or something though. I doubt my 2nd gen iPod touch can play it.

it's only 3gs and 4g. but there is no other way for the future of apple games, if you want to see more innovative and powerfull games.
playing it on 2g one works just fine

JBW

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive got the Infinity Blade sword now, and the best armour, shield and ring. Its still quite reptitive but hopefully the update which adds multiplayer will improve its replayability.

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Still no news on the update.
http://twitter.com/infinityblade
On the offical forum a ruomor said end of february.....but it was wrong I guess.
I hope the next update will give us the possibility to change color of our knight......free roaming is still far.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I finally bought the Infinity Blade (the sword). I put it in the pedestal in the the dungeon and I have pics! But they are very spoiler-heavy...

First of all, when you insert the sword, the pedestal opens up and reveals some sort of technology (same as when you beat the god king).
IMG_0138.PNG

After that, you have two doors that open up. The first one contains this guy:
IMG_0136.PNG

He is very hard to beat. Mainly because one hit from him makes you lose most of your HP. I eventually did beat him, after which he blew up...
IMG_0137.PNG

After that, I went through the next door. There, some guy who looked like some sort of samurai was just sitting there. He talks, like the god king.
IMG_0139.PNG

It took me one try to beat him... he blows up too.
IMG_0140.PNG

Next, a new door opens. It leads outside to some pit with some lizard-thing reading.
IMG_0142.PNG

I didn't actually manage to beat it yet... but I will eventually.
IMG_0143.PNG

By the way, every time I beat one of these bosses, they gave very rare items.
If I get any further, I'll post some more pics.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jamstruth said:
That ain't a lizard...

Lol you're right... From afar it kind of did look like one

Edit:
Got new pics:

I finally killed the lizard thing. And it too exploded:
IMG_0144.PNG

After that, a huge door opens.
IMG_0145.PNG

What comes next is... extremely spoiler-heavy. Look at your own risk.

IMG_0146.PNG

IMG_0147.PNG

yes, those are god kings....

And this is what seems to be the final boss:
IMG_0148.PNG

Worst part is, if you lose, you have to restart the bloodline... and I lost. It took the boss 2 hits.

Edit 2: you don't need to beat the 3 other bosses after you die to access the final boss again.

D

Deleted-273695

I didn't really like the look at this game... it just looks like too much for an iDevice app.

AC/DS

Trophies
XP
Country
ihackedit said:
I didn't really like the look at this game... it just looks like too much for an iDevice app.

LOLwut.
It's amazing what they've done with the Unreal 3 engine. And it moves fluidly.
This game actually made me go "official" (un-jailbreak) again because I wanted to reward developers for their work and buy the game.
(Well, that, plus I wanted to have the official update, not some hacked one).
I wish more iOS games were as beautiful as this.
Rumor has it some companies are working on new titles using the Unreal 3 engine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm