Tutorial  Updated

Installing PKGs to PS4 on 6.72 in 30 min or less with Remote Package Installer

You will need to run Mira No HB on Al Azifs exploit page, regular Mira wont work.

-Install RPI PKG to PS4 https://mega.nz/#!2dN1XajB!Z5fXyFoKOXFI_ujgGoCZfFFy5nyn7OWo6vF6h_HmWhQ
-Install PS4 Remote PKG Sender this one (others may give you problems, they did me) https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps4-remote-pkg-sender-gui-for-installing-packages-by-irefuse.6061/

Ok the best way is use ethernet wifi speeds will make you wait probably at least 3 hours unless you have blazing fast internet. You can plug in ethernet from PS4 to router or computer. I use computer so I will tell you how to do that.

Right click on your internet connection in the bottom right of your computer. Open Network and internet settings. Where it says ethernet, it should say unidentified network this is actually ok. Right click it go to properties, go to internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Click use the following ip address (yours will be the same as mine because of ethernet)

IP address 192.168.1.4
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Default gateway 192.168.1.1

Go to your ps4 settings network, setup internet connection, choose Use a Lan cable > custom > manual > Enter The following

IP address 192.168.1.8
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1
Primary DNS 165.227.83.145
Secondary DNS 192.241.221.79

Now open PK4 Remote PKG Sender on your PC,

Local IP should already be correct,
Port change to 8080
Choose files choose your pkg ( you can do more than one at a time but I recommend doing 1 at a time)

Now back on your PS4 make sure you dont have Remote Packer Installer open if you do close content, remember this for future it needs to be opened right before you send pkg or it might fail. So open remote package installer on your ps4 and on PS4 Remote PKG Sender hit send, it should tell you the game is downloading like if it was a psn game. You don't have to leave Remote Package Installer open you can hit ps button and change the screen, but of course dont close content on it until the pkg is installed. After each game you will need to close RPI and reopen it before sending pkg.

If your ethernet port on your computer is 1g, you should be able to install any game in 30 min or less. Red Dead 2 took me 32 min and that is an 80 gb. This is the only way to install or play games from external right now as well you cant install to external from usb right now, but for some reason this works. So that's another benefit also you dont have to copy a game to usb then copy it to PS4 so it will save time.

Any questions or help feel free to ask.

Last edited by Jayinem81,

elroche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have the credentials correct for the ip addresses and default gateway? some routers are 0.1 instead of 1.0 at the end of the ip address.

I managed to share the connetion from my laptop with no problems, when i use the pkg sender its checks that it's connected when i open the remote package installer in the ps4, but when i try to send it says error. is it because i use windows 7 ? btw i'm on 5.05 i used hen 1.8 and hen 2.2

Last edited by elroche,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dunno. I haven't seen the op for a long time. he used to be on psx place as well under a different name. haven't seen him there either, so I hope he's okay. anyway, I haven't remote installed anything, so I just suggested the most obvious possible problem. I have a very long ethernet cable for use with my ps3, which is on the other side of the room, but I never feel compelled to get it out, because it's kinda a hassle. with that being said, I just use a flash drive when installing pkgs or a hard drive. the only time it's failed on me is when an update had to be remarried, even when installing like 800GBs worth of content via the hdd. :D

elroche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dunno. I haven't seen the op for a long time. he used to be on psx place as well under a different name. haven't seen him there either, so I hope he's okay. anyway, I haven't remote installed anything, so I just suggested the most obvious possible problem. I have a very long ethernet cable for use with my ps3, which is on the other side of the room, but I never feel compelled to get it out, because it's kinda a hassle. with that being said, I just use a flash drive when installing pkgs or a hard drive. the only time it's failed on me is when an update had to be remarried, even when installing like 800GBs worth of content via the hdd. :D
lol my usb 128gb died yesterday

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's the same size as my flash drive. I used to dump my games, which is suggested to do one at a time. it's probably big enough for the largest games except for if there's a gigantic patch as well. anyway, I use an hdd for mass installs if that's what you plan to do. just note, it needs to be in exfat with gpt if the drive is 2TB or larger. also, if using extended storage, you need a second hdd as you can't use the same hard drive afaik. if you want to use remote install, I guess wait for someone more knowledgeable about it to chime in.

elroche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's the same size as my flash drive. I used to dump my games, which is suggested to do one at a time. it's probably big enough for the largest games except for if there's a gigantic patch as well. anyway, I use an hdd for mass installs if that's what you plan to do. just note, it needs to be in exfat with gpt if the drive is 2TB or larger. also, if using extended storage, you need a second hdd as you can't use the same hard drive afaik. if you want to use remote install, I guess wait for someone more knowledgeable about it to chime in.
if i cant find a solution to the remote install i will just buy a 500gb external hard drive to just install pkgs

Reactions: godreborn

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I managed to share the connetion from my laptop with no problems, when i use the pkg sender its checks that it's connected when i open the remote package installer in the ps4, but when i try to send it says error. is it because i use windows 7 ? btw i'm on 5.05 i used hen 1.8 and hen 2.2
Are you connected through a router or straight from laptop to PS4 ? Which PS4 sender do you use ? As for me, never had an issue sending straight from laptop to PS4...I have a « proper » connection set up from Laptop to PS4 via linked cable

Last edited by Maupiti,

JoelLouviere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
anyone having issues using this and the PKG senders are only sending some of the data of the PKG instead of the entire game?
like just now I tried to sling FF7R over and it's a 90GB game but when it tries to send it it shows it as 13GB, so obviously when it's complete it says cannot install

what the hell is up with that and how do I go about fixing it?

Reactions: BlueGohan14

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
anyone having issues using this and the PKG senders are only sending some of the data of the PKG instead of the entire game?
like just now I tried to sling FF7R over and it's a 90GB game but when it tries to send it it shows it as 13GB, so obviously when it's complete it says cannot install

what the hell is up with that and how do I go about fixing it?

I sent FF7R weeks ago without issue from my laptop with Ethernet (like a bunch of big games) , but I would say that you may try a different pkg sender (pc side) as I had troubles with the one recommended in the OP.
The one I use since give me zero issues. Not behind my pc right now as soon as I can I will tell you wich one works well for me.
It could also be a bad dump of the game you try to send.

Edit : So the one I use : https://github.com/FrostySo/Ps4-Pkg-Sender (V 1.05)
(You may have a false positive detection with anti-virus or windows defender, so desactivate it for the time of downloading ,extracting and add exception for using it).

Steps I follow :

1. Open RPI on PS4 (leave it open on the main screen, don't use PS button)
2. Start PS4-Pkg-Sender on your PC
3. Send your Pkgs, let the sender do his "things", don't do anything else with ps4 nor PC while sending
4. Enjoy your games
Didn’t precise, but use RPI from flatz on PS4

Last edited by Maupiti,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As the OP said, It’s a lot faster than using an usb drive. About 20-30 min for a game over 80 gb. I don’t get always the same speed, don’t Know exactly why, , maybe because sending from an external drive, but still a lot faster than usb, even with my external ssd.

Last edited by Maupiti,

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I sent FF7R weeks ago without issue from my laptop with Ethernet (like a bunch of big games) , but I would say that you may try a different pkg sender (pc side) as I had troubles with the one recommended in the OP.
The one I use since give me zero issues. Not behind my pc right now as soon as I can I will tell you wich one works well for me.
It could also be a bad dump of the game you try to send.

Edit : So the one I use : https://github.com/FrostySo/Ps4-Pkg-Sender (V 1.05)
(You may have a false positive detection with anti-virus or windows defender, so desactivate it for the time of downloading ,extracting and add exception for using it).

Steps I follow :

1. Open RPI on PS4 (leave it open on the main screen, don't use PS button)
2. Start PS4-Pkg-Sender on your PC
3. Send your Pkgs, let the sender do his "things", don't do anything else with ps4 nor PC while sending
4. Enjoy your games
Didn’t precise, but use RPI from flatz on PS4

Do you happen to know if there are incompatibilities with flatz' RPI and 7.55? I keep getting error CE-34878-0 when trying to open it on the PS4 with the recent Mira for 7.55.

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you happen to know if there are incompatibilities with flatz' RPI and 7.55? I keep getting error CE-34878-0 when trying to open it on the PS4 with the recent Mira for 7.55.

I'm on 6.72 so I can't help and test things, but payloads are still being worked on.. I would suggest try different exploit hosts for now and/or wait a few more hours. In the thread 7.55 PS4 Upgrade & Jailbreak , RiPPERD mentions a fix was added for error ce-30391-6 in this exploit host : https://hakkuraifu.github.io/PS4xploit/

Last edited by Roamin64,

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm on 6.72 so I can't help and test things, but payloads are still being worked on.. I would suggest try different exploit hosts for now and/or wait a few more hours. In the thread 7.55 PS4 Upgrade & Jailbreak , RiPPERD mentions a fix was added for error ce-30391-6 in this exploit host : https://hakkuraifu.github.io/PS4xploit/
Turns out I just had to keep trying the Mira exploit over and over again till the already installed RPI would load. Now I gotta figure out why I keep having trouble installing FF7R (keep getting error CE-36441-8) but I assume it's a similar thing of just having to retry. Thanks for your guide for now.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I’m also still on 6.72, so sorry, can’t help you..
@Roamin64 gave you a “path “, and as he said payloads are been working on, maybe the case for RPI (check on the GitHub maybe if there’s support for 7.55).

Last edited by Maupiti,

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I self-hosted Mira with latest release uploaded by Leeful, so the most stable there currently is. It looks like I might have to wait for an update on either the pgk sender and/or the rpi. It keeps only sending the "data to start" part and then (obviously) fail install without getting the remaining content.

Last edited by iwabo,

BlueGohan14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have problems getting FF7 Remake to work. After that first 13gb and it moves to the larger of the two bars it fails every time. Could get that other method to work with node. Don't get how to get it running.

Correction, I got the other package sender to work.... but it still fails after the first download bar finishes. The one meant to let you start the game while the rest downloads one. After trying another game I see that this happens on all games that have that split bar. Any ideas?

Last edited by BlueGohan14,
D

Deleted User

I self-hosted Mira with latest release uploaded by Leeful, so the most stable there currently is. It looks like I might have to wait for an update on either the pgk sender and/or the rpi. It keeps only sending the "data to start" part and then (obviously) fail install without getting the remaining content.

RPI doesn't work with Mira you need Hen which Leeful has available unless you're on 7.0+ then you can't use RPI yet AFAIK. I'm not 100% sure about 7.02 though but 7.5+ nope.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: