My Wii U is stuck on Wii U logo

Starry_Night

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone help me please? I changed my Wii U theme awhile back before the new 5.5.6 update. I updated the Wii U to the new 5.5.6 today, all went well. Except that the custom theme I had on it, changed back to the Original, I decided to replace the Wii U theme with a custom one. Now My Wii U is stuck on the Wii U logo screen. I have a backup Original Wii U theme files from 5.5.5 firmware that I tried to use, that didn't fix the problem. I guess the new update changed the Original theme files. I also have a NandBackup from 5.5.5 firmware, so I guess that wont fix my Wii U? Is it possible that someone could me share their Men.pack and Men2.pack from their Wii U 5.5.6 firmware? I still can use homebrew launcher on my Wii U through auto boot on Tiramisu, but my Wii U won't boot pass the Wii U logo.

Marcus777

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Could someone help me please? I changed my Wii U theme awhile back before the new 5.5.6 update. I updated the Wii U to the new 5.5.6 today, all went well. Except that the custom theme I had on it, changed back to the Original, I decided to replace the Wii U theme with a custom one. Now My Wii U is stuck on the Wii U logo screen. I have a backup Original Wii U theme files from 5.5.5 firmware that I tried to use, that didn't fix the problem. I guess the new update changed the Original theme files. I also have a NandBackup from 5.5.5 firmware, so I guess that wont fix my Wii U? Is it possible that someone could me share their Men.pack and Men2.pack from their Wii U 5.5.6 firmware? I still can use homebrew launcher on my Wii U through auto boot on Tiramisu, but my Wii U won't boot pass the Wii U logo.
Hi there, first than all, your older files should work fine, probably this happened because you're installing them with a ftp solution, anyway i would recommend you to use thememii by dathinkingchair to reinstall the original wiiu files via tiramisu autoboot selecting the hbl, then load the app and simply install the wiiu menu original theme files, after then turn off your console once in mii menu, wait about a few econds and unplug your wiiu after the orange led is red. Leave it that way 4 seconds and try again
Here you have the app https://github.com/Xpl0itU/theme-manager/releases, simply follow the instructions and instead of a custom theme put your original files in a folder as it says in the readme

Starry_Night

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, first than all, your older files should work fine, probably this happened because you're installing them with a ftp solution, anyway i would recommend you to use thememii by dathinkingchair to reinstall the original wiiu files via tiramisu autoboot selecting the hbl, then load the app and simply install the wiiu menu original theme files, after then turn off your console once in mii menu, wait about a few econds and unplug your wiiu after the orange led is red. Leave it that way 4 seconds and try again
Here you have the app https://github.com/Xpl0itU/theme-manager/releases, simply follow the instructions and instead of a custom theme put your original files in a folder as it says in the readme
Thank you so much. It worked.

Reactions: Marcus777

Marcus777

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you so much. It worked.
You're wellcome! Now if you're going to install a custom theme just use this app and you could repeat the same process in case of safety and for avoiding things like parts of the older themes persist and etc

Reactions: Starry_Night

Starry_Night

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're wellcome! Now if you're going to install a custom theme just use this app and you could repeat the same process in case of safety and for avoiding things like parts of the older themes persist and etc
Will do. Now do I have to close this post? If so how do I do that? I'm new here.

Reactions: Marcus777

Olivxxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i tried to install a custom theme but i think the theme was bad so my wii u now has no working theme and i don't know how to get the original back. Everything else on the console works though.

Starry_Night

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried to install a custom theme but i think the theme was bad so my wii u now has no working theme and i don't know how to get the original back. Everything else on the console works though.
I still got my original wii u theme, here is the link: https://mega.nz/folder/VzwyFKpJ#9GbFezVJvWGru5d6D2L3mA

Download both the Men.pack and Men2.pack. And follow Marcus777 guide (the second post under my first one). Remember to not use FTP to transfer themes through wifi, always connect your wii u SD card to pc and transfer your themes that way. Let me know if this works.

Olivxxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No it didn't work, although im not too sure im following the instructions right with plugging the wii u out, is there a specific way to do it?

Starry_Night

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no. it is just the infinite loading screen
This is how I fixed my Wii U. - First, I made sure my Wii U is turned off, I put my Wii U SD card into my PC, Download ThemeMii by clicking on this link: ThemeMii link. Click on Download.
- Second, Unzip the theme-manager.zip, copy the theme-manager folder to (wiiu/apps/) on your Wii U SD card. And make a themes folder in (wiiu/), and make another folder call it (Original) into the new themes folder that you made. Download the Men.pack and Men2.pack from this link: Original theme backup, and copy the 2 files into the Original folder that you made. It should look like this (wiiu/themes/Original/).
- Third, I put my SD card back into my Wii U and turn it on, (I have tiramisu installed and autoboot enable so every time I turned on my Wii U, Environment Loader is the first that shows up on my Wii U). If you don't have autoboot on, hold the (+) the start button after you turn on the Wii U. I clicked on tiramisu, another screen shows up called (U Boot Selector). I clicked on Homebrew Launcher, my Wii U loads into the Homebrew Launcher, look for the new homebrew called (ThemeMii). load ThemeMii, look for the theme called (Original). Press (A), it should install the Original theme. Press the (Home button). and press Home button again, it should load up the Mii Maker, once your in mii maker, turn off your console, wait about a few seconds and unplug your Wii U after the orange led is red. Leave it that way 4 seconds and plug in your Wii U and turn it on. That's how I fixed my infinite loading screen. I hope this helps. I'm not very good at explaining myself that well...

Attachments

• Screenshot (1688).jpg
    Screenshot (1688).jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot (1689).jpg
    Screenshot (1689).jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot (1692).jpg
    Screenshot (1692).jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by Starry_Night,

Olivxxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is how I fixed my Wii U. - First, I made sure my Wii U is turned off, I put my Wii U SD card into my PC, Download ThemeMii by clicking on this link: ThemeMii link. Click on Download.
- Second, Unzip the theme-manager.zip, copy the theme-manager folder to (wiiu/apps/) on your Wii U SD card. And make a themes folder in (wiiu/), and make another folder call it (Original) into the new themes folder that you made. Download the Men.pack and Men2.pack from this link: Original theme backup, and copy the 2 files into the Original folder that you made. It should look like this (wiiu/themes/Original/).
- Third, I put my SD card back into my Wii U and turn it on, (I have tiramisu installed and autoboot enable so every time I turned on my Wii U, Environment Loader is the first that shows up on my Wii U). If you don't have autoboot on, hold the (+) the start button after you turn on the Wii U. I clicked on tiramisu, another screen shows up called (U Boot Selector). I clicked on Homebrew Launcher, my Wii U loads into the Homebrew Launcher, look for the new homebrew called (ThemeMii). load ThemeMii, look for the theme called (Original). Press (A), it should install the Original theme. Press the (Home button). and press Home button again, it should load up the Mii Maker, once your in mii maker, turn off your console, wait about a few seconds and unplug your Wii U after the orange led is red. Leave it that way 4 seconds and plug in your Wii U and turn it on. That's how I fixed my infinite loading screen. I hope this helps. I'm not very good at explaining myself that well...
this didn't work.

Last edited by Olivxxer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1