• Views 141,200
  • Replies 449
  • Likes 1

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a installer that did a hwfly v4. Ordered the Instinct chip for another OLED since it seems to be perfectly stable.

Question 1: Sthetix has a great video guide, but is there a decent jpg diagram somewhere of the wiring w flex cable for reference for the instinct chip he can use?

Q2: this is able to use Hekate/Atmosphere without messing w flashing the chip fw, like Hwfly models?
Thanks!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It could be. :sleep:
I mean, I guess I shouldn't be too shocked, as the same modders keep cranking out mods for newer systems, they just keep rebranding themselves as different stuff.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean, I guess I shouldn't be too shocked, as the same modders keep cranking out mods for newer systems, they just keep rebranding themselves as different stuff.
That's exactly what TX did. They went under various brand names like TrueBlue and Gateway.

Reactions: peteruk and Jayro

Constrabus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is "better" reballing or the dat0 flex cable? Soldering in the flex cable would be possible for me.
"4 corner" flex without reflowing chip (just pressure against point) is considered best crosspoint beween stability and simplicity for oled dat0.
From there you can always adjust/resolder the flex without having to mess with the chip itself if something stops working.
Worst case, you can always reball with a permanent wire to the point, if you can't find stabilty with flex, but shouldn't be nessecary (that's my opinion anyway).

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
I'm asking because i want to "improve" my soldering skillz. The little points are no problem for me. The dat0 stuff worries me a bit. But it would be possible somehow for me. But thanks anyway for your response.

pokeimon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I just install an instinct-nx turn on light was flashing some color, red a few times, then green ( some purple mixed in) and then continued to just flash white a for a few seconds before just turning off. I'll try to record it later.

For now though, is there a LED debug reference so I can figure out what is wrong.

Also diode values look correct.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Edit:
Looks like I had a solder bridge on the cpu flex, once removed it boots up just fine.

Last edited by pokeimon,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi I just install an instinct-nx turn on light was flashing some color, red a few times, then green ( some purple mixed in) and then continued to just flash white a for a few seconds before just turning off. I'll try to record it later.

For now though, is there a LED debug reference so I can figure out what is wrong.

Also diode values look correct.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
I think it use the same led debug as spacecraft

Reactions: pokeimon

huriox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Do you guys use wires?,cause i saw yesterday a video on youtube where the guy soldered wires and they shorted on the pads to ground.
Measures begin @16:40

I prefer to use the flex to do that connections and also use kynar wire 30awg for the C point on dat0 wich is very important.
I also like to isolate the connections with kapton tape / solder mask.

ranma99vn

Trophies
XP
Country
I prefer to use the flex to do that connections and also use kynar wire 30awg for the C point on dat0 wich is very important.
I also like to isolate the connections with kapton tape / solder mask.
Why is it 30 for C point, im follow a youtube guide he said 36

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Had around 20 or so installation on old chip with no issues, but this last mod f*cked a brand new switch. First it dropped connection to one of my joycons thinking something was damaged and then after spending hours getting that sorted out the console just went dead. It won't boot with or without the mod. Checked everything I had knowledge of from my previous installations and everything seems fine.

One switch down the drain.

huriox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Had around 20 or so installation on old chip with no issues, but this last mod f*cked a brand new switch. First it dropped connection to one of my joycons thinking something was damaged and then after spending hours getting that sorted out the console just went dead. It won't boot with or without the mod. Checked everything I had knowledge of from my previous installations and everything seems fine.

probably emmc or apu dead.. old chip you used 4 ancor points dat0? or it was the first time you used it now with instinct nx?

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
probably emmc or apu dead.. old chip you used 4 ancor points dat0? or it was the first time you used it now with instinct nx?
It's likely a dead EMMC. For me that's like a dead APU since I don't have the skills nor the tools to replace it.
I used the same dat0 I used in the old since I had some at hand and I never had issues with it. I don't like the extra work of trimming for that 4 anchored one.

ranma99vn

Trophies
XP
Country
It's likely a dead EMMC. For me that's like a dead APU since I don't have the skills nor the tools to replace it.
I used the same dat0 I used in the old since I had some at hand and I never had issues with it. I don't like the extra work of trimming for that 4 anchored one.
do you reflow the to to dat0? i try to follow the youtube guide but seem like not enough heat for the solder to melt
1 min on 100 c
1 min on 150 c
1 min on 200 c
1 min on 260 c
then leave the board for 5 min to cool down air flow they not say i leave it at 50%

not sucess to bond the point to it do it 2 times same result

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

got photos of the points?

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
do you reflow the to to dat0? i try to follow the youtube guide but seem like not enough heat for the solder to melt
1 min on 100 c
1 min on 150 c
1 min on 200 c
1 min on 260 c
then leave the board for 5 min to cool down air flow they not say i leave it at 50%

not sucess to bond the point to it do it 2 times same result
Reflowing is a no go for me for several reasons, I don't want to kill my emmc from mismanaging temperature. I also believe that joint will not last for long since the balls can crack over time.
Post automatically merged:

got photos of the points?
I removed all the points.

Further inspection, I have some shorted caps at the IC charging chip. I highly doubt its the CPU because I cannot find indications its shorted. I'm also at 50/50 from faulty EMMC.

My gut says its the one of the IC. I believe the cause was that aftermarket charger I used the other day that f*cked up the Switch. Its going to be a relief if this ends up the culprit because its an easy fix.

Last edited by Hassal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...