• Replies 449
  • Likes 1

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Reflowing is a no go for me for several reasons, I don't want to kill my emmc from mismanaging temperature. I also believe that joint will not last for long since the balls can crack over time.
Post automatically merged:

I removed all the points.

Further inspection, I have some shorted caps at the IC charging chip. I highly doubt its the CPU because I cannot find indications its shorted. I'm also at 50/50 from faulty EMMC.

My gut says its the one of the IC. I believe the cause was that aftermarket charger I used the other day that f*cked up the Switch. Its going to be a relief if this ends up the culprit because its an easy fix.

regardless, if the points have damage then that can stop it booting. Plug into pc and see if it turns up in RCM

ranma99vn

Trophies
XP
Country
Reflowing is a no go for me for several reasons, I don't want to kill my emmc from mismanaging temperature. I also believe that joint will not last for long since the balls can crack over time.
Post automatically merged:

I removed all the points.

Further inspection, I have some shorted caps at the IC charging chip. I highly doubt its the CPU because I cannot find indications its shorted. I'm also at 50/50 from faulty EMMC.

My gut says its the one of the IC. I believe the cause was that aftermarket charger I used the other day that f*cked up the Switch. Its going to be a relief if this ends up the culprit because its an easy fix.
yeah i just curious try hand on doing it any way these 2 videos may help ur case

Kiriii

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
recommend watching this video, for those whose switch boots up in OFW:

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
regardless, if the points have damage then that can stop it booting. Plug into pc and see if it turns up in RCM
Couldn't get the device recognized. Its likely just the cable since I couldn't get that to detect either on my working Switch.

Seems the issue is more stubborn to diagnose. My next step is start probing the entire board to see discrepancies from a new logic board. If this fails I will send it off to someone more experienced than me.

Kirizame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So is this worth picking up or should I wait for that new cheaper modchip that's being worked on? Been wanting to get my OLED modded for awhile.

doom95

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
imho with the flex that gets bundled with it the install has become quite simple.
if your soldering causes shorts of any sort, the issue lies more with the installer than with the thing being installed

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
in the video seems that you can short the pads to ground,so that shouldn't happen in the first place,maybe cause temps too high,or just shitty quality,but my install went fine,no problems at all.
never saw this that a pad shorted to ground,and i mod alot,from ps1digital-n64digital-dcdigital v2-gcloader ect...,never saw this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Routhless, gonna have to watch that movie. Is it good?