• Likes 5

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wired the controller, Then found out that the joystick is shot and I can't resolder another one to it, It also was supplied power from the Data line, which is retarded. So I have an official one on the way. Will start cutting some plasitc maybe?

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waiting for a controller, wired all the wires needed to the gamecube for the wiikey, still need to wire to the breakout board. I have an essay due monday so I'm taking a break to start.

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tumblr_magujx3PIe1rqb0mk.gif

Done for now ;)

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man , Biggest mistake yet possibly, Incompatible Gamecube board with wiikey THE ONLY BOARD THAT DOESN'T WORK I HAVE. I already wired it up and have no other gamecube, I think there is a chance to make it work but it could ruin the Wiikey and I can't do it until I get a controller anyway

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New gamecube hopefully coming this week. Getting a dremel on christmas eve so you can bet I'll be working on it asap.

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, still have no gamecube that can be used , once I finish it. I may sell it sadly. It all depends on whether or not 3rd party wiikey's can be confirmed working with the gamecube. Depending on how it turns out, I'll ask about $250-$400 since I've seen some pretty crappy ones sell for $350, without the wiikey too. I do plan on making another, maybe like Tchay's Ccube, and sell that one aswell. (Not a fan of the gameboy style ones myself) Don't want to get a real job XD(I'm 16)

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no gamecube:( I did get a new dremel kit and soldering Iron for christmas though :). Good thing too, My old one had some chips in the tip. Any idea on what that could be from? I know certain metals can corrode others when heated but I would think solder wouldn't do that.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no gamecube:( I did get a new dremel kit and soldering Iron for christmas though :). Good thing too, My old one had some chips in the tip. Any idea on what that could be from? I know certain metals can corrode others when heated but I would think solder wouldn't do that.

I ended up burning a hole through my original soldering iron through the course of normal use, though I did not clean it like I do now. It was a Harbor Freight 30w iron, normal tip, leaded flux-core solder. My new tips, freaking DealExtreme ones, have withstood everything so far, though I clean them between uses (usually).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, mmmm ice cream
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums a dairy queen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: